/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to write a name

solar9999
05-23-2006, 06:59 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters,

I'd like to know how to write the name elizabete in arabic with all the characters joined up. Can someone attach possibly a word document here please?

P.S loving this forum.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
05-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Walikum Salam

My Arabic isnt the greatest but best to my knowledge your name would have to be 'pronounced' using arabic alphabet sounds...it would be spelled as follows:

additionally you can practice writing your name using this online painting tool:

click here to start freehand painter

hope that helped u :)

Mawaddah
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM

^^ That would be more appropriate than with the 'Ain I think Bro

akulion
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Bro

"ba ya ta" would become "bait"

the sound in elisabeth is with a "ha" at the end

though you may be right about the beginning with the "alif"

But something to note - spellings will always differ since this isnt an arabic name so I am sure many will spell it in different ways

lol lets see what others come up with :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
salam.
LOLz this is funny how do you write Jodie in arabic???

Mawaddah
05-23-2006, 07:45 PM
ba ya ta" would become "bait"
Not necessarily, but the yaa is there to let know that there is an 'ee' sound after the 'baa'
If I had just put 'baa' and 'taa' then the reader wouldn't know whether it was to be pronounced with a fatha or kasra......get me?

Trust me it is weird lol but I've had my ups and downs with struggling to write English names in Arabic and I've reached a conclusion on how it's done

But yeah there's probably plenty of other ways

akulion
05-23-2006, 07:45 PM

solar9999
05-23-2006, 09:30 PM
wouldn't it be easier if you could do that using an official arab writer? and I think the ain in the front with the lam would make more sense. Anyone kno how to do it?

A.P
05-23-2006, 09:37 PM
you can use word perfect on the top it says insert click on that & click on symbol then set it to Arabic

Ruenz
05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
VeRy GoOd

mas
05-24-2006, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

^^ That would be more appropriate than with the 'Ain I think Bro
i think its like this
anyways peace

أحمد
07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Walikum Salam

My Arabic isnt the greatest but best to my knowledge your name would have to be 'pronounced' using arabic alphabet sounds...it would be spelled as follows:

additionally you can practice writing your name using this online painting tool:

click here to start freehand painter

hope that helped u :)

I think it would match better with the English; to write it as:
اِلِزَبِث

:w:

Eddi
07-15-2006, 12:52 PM
:sl: Someone told me that I can shorten my name to عدي in arabic, is that right?

Skillganon
07-18-2006, 01:47 AM
How you write Musa in arabic?

MahmoodShariff
07-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Aswrwb, this is very interesting.

أحمد
07-30-2010, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
How you write Musa in arabic?

موسى

:wa:

nousername
07-30-2010, 05:00 AM
this is probably a challenging one but how do you write : Andrea

أحمد
07-30-2010, 01:13 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
this is probably a challenging one but how do you write : Andrea
أندريا

أحمد
08-23-2010, 11:09 PM

If anyone wishes to type in Arabic, even without the language installed on their computer; its possible to do so with the help of an online keyboard such as this: http://www.arabic-keyboard.org/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.