/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a hadith/verse from Quran

SolaceinIslam
05-24-2006, 11:49 AM
:sl:

I am looking for a hadith/verse from the Quran which says something similar to one who has even an ounce of pride will not enter Jannah. Can anyone help, please. Please furnish references.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
05-24-2006, 12:01 PM
salaam

sis theres loads of hadiths and ayahs like that

here are some

in the Quran it says

"That home of the Hereafter (i.e., Jannah), We shall assign to those who rebel not against the truth with pride and oppression in the land nor do mischief by committing crimes. And the good end is for the Muttaqun (the pious and righteous persons).'' (28:83)

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not look at him who trails his lower garment out of pride.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

He who has, in his heart, an ant's weight of arrogance or pride, will not enter Jannah.'' Someone said: "A man likes to wear beautiful clothes and shoes?'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah is Beautiful, He loves beauty. Arrogance and pride mean ridiculing and rejecting the Truth and despising people.''
[Muslim]

heres the one u wer lookin 4 sis, its in sahih muslim -

RasoolAllah (saw) is reported to have said, 'that person who has an iota of pride will not enter Jannah.'

:)

muslim_friend
05-24-2006, 12:18 PM

I couldn't find a hadith with 'ounce', but i did find one with 'atom', found it in Bukhari.

Volumn 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 042.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "Whoever said "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a barley grain will be taken out of Hell. And whoever said: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a wheat grain will be taken out of Hell. And whoever said, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of an atom will be taken out of Hell."

Hope that helps, inshaAllah.

SolaceinIslam
05-26-2006, 09:18 AM

Shukran, those were exactly the one(s) I was looking for... ;D

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.