/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wrigleys HARAM

Protected_Diamond
05-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Wrigley’s Spearmint®, Juicy Fruit®, and Altoids® – have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other brands include Doublemint®, Life Savers®, Big Red®, Boomer®, Pim Pom®, Winterfresh®, Extra®, Freedent®, Hubba Bubba®, Orbit®, Excel®, Creme Savers®, Eclipse®, Airwaves®, Alpine®, Solano®, Sugus®, Cool Air®, and P.K. ®.

To all Wrigley Chewing Gum lovers, it is not halal anymore. Read below e-mail from Wrigley to Islamic News and Information Network editor who asked the company if it uses any animal-derived ingredients (Pig Fat) in the manufacturer of its gum.

Dear Hameed:

Thank you for visiting our web site, Wrigley.com, to ask if we use any animal-derived ingredients in the manufacturer of Wrigley's gum. We appreciate your interest in our product.

At one time, Wrigley products were made with vegetable-or mineral-derived softening ingredients.

However, the availability of these types of softeners decreased several years ago when major sources closed their manufacturing facilities.

Since we can no longer guarantee that all Wrigley brands from all of our factories will always be made with vegetable-or mineral-derived softeners, our products may not always be acceptable for your diet.

We're sorry that you may not be able to chew Wrigley's gum, but we appreciate your contacting us so that we can give you the facts.

Sincerely yours,
Denise Young
Consumer Affairs Department
WM. WRIGLEY, JR. COMPANY

Any Info can be obtained from www.wrigley.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
05-25-2006, 08:44 PM
nooo way!! chewing gum has gone down zee drain......oh nooooo juicy lucy hehe!! ok im making my own

primitivefuture
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Where does it say it uses derivatives from pigs?

S_87
05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
:sl:

the uk ones are halal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
lol dey wer boogs chewin gum neway, its all bout bubblicious, any1 tried dat? u put 1 of dem in ur mouth, its lik u eatin a kebab lol dey propa fat & u can blow massive bubbles wit em:okay:

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Where does it say it uses derivatives from pigs?
It doesn't, it says:

Since we can no longer guarantee that all Wrigley brands from all of our factories will always be made with vegetable-or mineral-derived softeners, our products may not always be acceptable for your diet.
I just stick with Trident, Wrigley's gum messes up your teeth with all that sugar anyway.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Woodrow
05-25-2006, 09:49 PM
I just remembered when I was a kid. the neighborhood I was living in was predominatly Jewish. I was Catholic at the time. I asked a Jewish friend why he did not chew bubble gum, he said it was because bubble gum was made out of flattened pig tails.

Gotta remember Bubble gum was fairly new on the market back then, and we really did not know what it was made of. They didn't list ingrediants on labels back then.

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 09:51 PM
erm i remem wen i woz chewin gum in my skool & we woz so dum lol
dey wud say stop chewin & instead of throwin it away, id swallow it lol & d teacher sed its made from whale fat & it wil stay inside me for years lol

so lol dunno wot it made off woody

Abdullah4ever
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM

Hmm.. Jazakallah for informing us,
Id rather chew on miswaak:-\

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
Gotta remember Bubble gum was fairly new on the market back then, and we really did not know what it was made of. They didn't list ingrediants on labels back then.
I thought back in the day it was made out of old tires or something similar.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
lol old tires? i fort whale fat!! n d woody guy sed pig tails

hmmmm lol dats y i sayin chew bubbliciouis its heavyyyyy, bublicious & ribena is a heavy combo

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

lol old tires? i fort whale fat!! n d woody guy sed pig tails
loool maybe they put it in all together and called it G.U.M, in which means gross unknown material lol..lemme google inshallah and I'll get back with some REAL answers inshallah, I've known it to be tires because i seen it on the food channel or something..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
lol sis, tires dnt appeal 2 me its lik eatin a car:p lets jus say its made from a very nice tin ;)

k u google it & get bk & let me put a pic up of bubblicious :-[ :p

chacha_jalebi
05-25-2006, 10:10 PM
heres bubblicious hmmmmm its scrumplicious

Looking4Peace
05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
what ingrediant exactly is dervied from animals? i have read the ingrediants and i cannot find any, maybe they dont list it. Well anyway there are many other gums besides wrigleys.

Looking4Peace
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
But i love the new green apple and berry flavors :'( :laugh:

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

heres bubblicious hmmmmm its scrumplicious
^^loooooool "scrumplicious"...u get reps for that, they should hire you as the bubblicious advertiser

anywayzzzzz

here we go:
Gum technology took a major step forward when bubble gum was invented in 1928. Walter Diemer (c. 1904–1998), an accountant for the Fleer Chewing Gum Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was experimenting with new gum recipes when he hit upon the bubble gum formula by accident. "I was doing something else," Diemer later explained, "and ended up with something with bubbles." He colored his concoction pink because that was the only color he had on hand. The result, dubbed Dubble Bubble, became a hit with consumers and has remained so ever since.
out of all the links they just mention "experimenting" and "ingredients" but nothing specific hmmmmmmmmmmm
The Ancient Greeks were probably the first gum chewers.
interesting...

source

and this link is gud too i guess (more about the history):

http://home.howstuffworks.com/question86.htm

But i love the new green apple and berry flavors
But Allah has jannah awaiting His creation...I'd stay away just in case, allahu a'lem what they put in it anyways, like i was told there is no way a muslim can live in a kufar country without accidently consuming something unlawful/haram..

fi aman Allah
w'salam

Looking4Peace
05-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Your probably right charisma but i would like to find out what ingredients exactly are animals products since now i am mad cause i chew alot of gum and didnt know this, it may the the lecithen ingredient if thats how its spelled, however its in some of their gums but not all. I will contact them about this

Looking4Peace
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I started to become a gum addict out of quitting smoking, i hope i am forgiven:giggling:

a.abraar
05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
thanks a lot respec for de info no more gum in our family from now on srictly miswaq a go on

*charisma*
05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Your probably right charisma but i would like to find out what ingredients exactly are animals products since now i am mad cause i chew alot of gum and didnt know this, it may the the lecithen ingredient if thats how its spelled, however its in some of their gums but not all. I will contact them about this
Yea inshallah, try to contact them and ask them what it is exactly they put in there, really gets me annoyed how they dont list EVERY ingredient on their products subhanallah, but try to use some other brand of gum inshallah or chew on a pen cap lol

fi aman Allah
w'aslaam

Ummah
05-26-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

the uk ones are halal.
sis do u have proof for what u say?

wa alaikum asalaam

virago
05-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Are your products Kosher?
Our products are not currently kosher certified, and we are not aware of any plans to begin certifying them at this time

http://www.wrigley.com/wrigley/produ...ts_faqs.asp#q7

Woodrow
05-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Intersting, it seems people have a long history of wanting something like gum to chew on. Thinking back as a kid when we did not have sufficient money for chewing gum, what did we gnaw on? Lumps of sap from peach trees, bits of bark from birch trees, twigs of alfalfa or wild grape vines, fruits, sometimes even bits of pine pitch.

The native Americans chewed on spruce gum, meat gristle, pemmican and meat jerky, sap of the sweet gum tree and others. South American indians chewed on dried chicle sap.

Modern Chewing gum did not come about until 1928, we most likely can survive without it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.