/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.......need answers inshalah...

Helena
05-26-2006, 09:29 AM
:sl:

Well i was wondering, are we allowed to assaign the qur'an such as surah yasin as a ringtone on my phone? is it unappropriate? i feel very comfortable, its word of Allah(swt) is it rite?

Hope someone get backs to me inshalah!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
05-26-2006, 10:52 AM

helloooo............i knw am very impatient...kinda bad.....but seriously need to knw some answers inshalah!

cum on there is someone out there who cud help me!

Umm Yoosuf
05-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I dunno sis. Ask your local imam Insha Allah.

Mawaddah
05-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I think there was a similar thread to this sometime back, maybe you can look thru the past threads Insha'allah.
But as far as my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with doing it, however it's kind of risky, seeing as sometimes you take your phone with you into places like the toilet and all of that, so if the phone were to begin ringing inside there and recitation of the Qur'an were to come up, it wouldn't be exactly respectful.
Hope someone can come up with something insha'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-26-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

Well i was wondering, are we allowed to assaign the qur'an such as surah yasin as a ringtone on my phone? is it unappropriate? i feel very comfortable, its word of Allah(swt) is it rite?

Hope someone get backs to me inshalah!

I found this thread. I haven't read it through, but it might give you some answers ...
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...t=mobile+phone

Hope this helps, since you sound so desperate! :giggling:

peace.

Mawaddah
05-26-2006, 12:42 PM
^ glo that was so nice of you to post that up, but I read thru it just now and there really isn't any proper fatwa or anything........Thanks tho :)

glo
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ glo that was so nice of you to post that up, but I read thru it just now and there really isn't any proper fatwa or anything........Thanks tho :)
You are welcome :)

Hope you choose a nice ring tone! ;D

Peace.

Helena
05-26-2006, 01:14 PM

thanks alot glo...yeah i did sound abit deperate, serioulsy i needed some answers!

thank u again!

Rabi'ya
05-26-2006, 01:17 PM

I would be of the same opinion as sister Mawaddah, i dont see anything wrong with it for the majority of times. but what if it were in your pocket when you were in the toilet and it rang...I would certainly feel uncomfortable.

Again, I would say ask you local imam inshAllah

Rabi'ya:rose:

Rabi'ya
05-26-2006, 01:19 PM
check this out inshAllah

http://www.islamicboard.com/27444-post1.html

Rabi'ya:rose:

Dhulqarnaeen
05-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Arent we ordered in Quran that if someone reading Quran (or it been played by cassete then we are told to be silent and hear it)? Which surah? Maybe sis mawaddah can help insha ALlah. I forget. So Its forbidden if we turn on the cassete recitation of Quran while everybody are busy with their own works. Then they will just egnore the quran. Its not their sins but it will be your sin cause youre the one who turn it on. And its the same if you set Quran as the ringtone then if the phone rang then it will be just like forcing everyone to be silent, cause if Quran read then we have to be silent and listen. And sis Mawaddah is right, what happen if the phone rang in the toilet then its mean we dont respect the quran right. I hope sis mawaddah can bring the ayah insha ALlah

Looking4Peace
05-27-2006, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I think there was a similar thread to this sometime back, maybe you can look thru the past threads Insha'allah.
But as far as my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with doing it, however it's kind of risky, seeing as sometimes you take your phone with you into places like the toilet and all of that, so if the phone were to begin ringing inside there and recitation of the Qur'an were to come up, it wouldn't be exactly respectful.
Hope someone can come up with something insha'allah.

lol toilet

Mawaddah
05-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Arent we ordered in Quran that if someone reading Quran (or it been played by cassete then we are told to be silent and hear it)? Which surah? Maybe sis mawaddah can help insha ALlah. I forget. So Its forbidden if we turn on the cassete recitation of Quran while everybody are busy with their own works. Then they will just egnore the quran.
True what Bro Dhulqarnaeen says, we have to consider it from this angle too, I recall hearing a fatwa from Shaikh Al-Albani that it's haram for masjids to intentionally fix up the loudspeakers in a way that if the Imaam is reading Qur'an in Salaat, it is heard from outside the masjid and into the neighbouring homes.

The reason he stated for this forbiddance is because it would cause a difficulty on the people around who are doing things, because as how Allah stated in the Qur'an, Surah A'raaf "So when the Qur'aan is recited,listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy "

So the women in the homes would have to put down their work etc. So I guess you should consider this also when it comes to ringtones Sis. Because it's not likely that if it rings for a long time and the Qur'an is being recited,that people will be quiet and listen to it Because not everyone is aware of this ruling. And for those who are aware of it, it would cause a difficulty for them.

Jazakallah Bro Dhulqarnaen for bringing this to attention :)

Dhulqarnaeen
05-28-2006, 04:04 AM
:sl: :brother: Jazakillah khair for the ayah too, masha Allah. And also I want to add some information too insha Allah. Its more forbidden if we set the ringtone with music, cause music is haram according to fatawa ulama and its also used for ringtone. And Ibn Qayyim said it can bring munafiq into our soul. And also its not good to set the ringtone with "salam". Cause its should be said by muslim to another muslim and its du'a for muslims. It shouldnt set as ringtone. And if we bring the handphone to the toilet then since we may not say salam or answer salam while we are in the toilet (as been said in hadith), then I am afraid the guilts will be ours cause we are the one who set it as ringtone. Allahu a'lam

Helena
05-30-2006, 12:17 PM

shukran for evrybodies help.......am very clear about the situation now!

:w: :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.