/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to Search

Ummah
05-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Asalaamualaikum

why do we have to wait 15 seconds between searches on the forum?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Z
05-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Salaam.

Hmm, is it so important are you just impatient.

Najiullah
05-27-2006, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Most likely a measure put in place in order to conserve bandwith, in anticipation of multiple searches being performed simultaneously. :)
exactly

Woodrow
05-27-2006, 08:27 PM
The pleasures of still being on a slow dial-up connection(often only 28 k). I wish this darn connection faster so I could do anything without wating 3 or 4 minutes. I envy those who can do searches every 15 minutes never mind seconds.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
05-27-2006, 09:27 PM
:sl: brother :brother: ,
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The pleasures of still being on a slow dial-up connection(often only 28 k). I wish this darn connection faster so I could do anything without wating 3 or 4 minutes. I envy those who can do searches every 15 minutes never mind seconds.
Are you using the 56K style? If not, see this announcement:
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...56k-style.html

:w:

Woodrow
05-27-2006, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
:sl: brother :brother: ,

Are you using the 56K style? If not, see this announcement:
http://www.islamicboard.com/news-ann...56k-style.html

:w:
I believe it has more to do with the quality of the phone lines here in the South end of Austin. Even have problems in using the line for phone calls. The modem on the PC is 56 k, but the actuall connection with the ISP varies from 24 to 40 K . Uploading is even worse. Can seldom get above 2 kbs on uploads although downloads are usually fast.

Could be worse, when I was living in Palestine, Texas, The phone co was in the process of changing the lines from wire to fiber optics. The connecting relays were all messed up. I was happy anytime I just got on line much less worry about the speed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.