/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Muslim names...

Jeness18
05-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Do you know any important Islamic names? I'm working on this story and well, I'm writing about Islam and I'm meeting people and I don't know that many names except Muhammad. I know Muslims can have any name really, but do you know any special names that mean something more than just a name?

Please let me know...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Truth
05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Adnan.....

Mawaddah
05-27-2006, 10:05 PM
All Muslim/Arabic names have a meaning Jeness,

Saifuddeen = Sword of the Religion

'Afeef = Gentle

Abdullah = Slave of Allah

Akmal = Most Complete

AbdulMalik = Slave of the King (Allah)

Irshaad = Guidance

^ Those are all boys names

Haleemah = Gentle

Nafeesah = Precious

NurZiyani = Light of Adornment

Maryam = Mary

Asilah = Genuine

And there are many other names, I would give you a link but I'm in a hurry now sorry

Pk_#2
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
AsalamuALaykum,

Just go into a muslim baby names site inshaAllah you'll find some there with their meanings...

http://www.milligazette.com/misl/mus...l_boy_name.htm

http://www.muslim-names.co.uk/

Try dem :)

WalaykumSalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*JJN
05-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Mohommad
Ahmed
Umar
Ali
Hassan
Husain

F.Y.
05-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Some names are well known because they were companions of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). I like:
Khalid ibn Walid (leader of the Muslim army)
Umar/Omar bin Khattab (fair, just and merciful leader after the death of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) )

Girl names:
Ayesha
Khadija
Safiyyah

Dhulqarnaeen
05-28-2006, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
All Muslim/Arabic names have a meaning Jeness,

Saifuddeen = Sword of the Religion

'Afeef = Gentle

Abdullah = Slave of Allah

Akmal = Most Complete

AbdulMalik = Slave of the King (Allah)

Irshaad = Guidance

^ Those are all boys names

Haleemah = Gentle

Nafeesah = Precious

NurZiyani = Light of Adornment

Maryam = Mary

Asilah = Genuine

And there are many other names, I would give you a link but I'm in a hurry now sorry

:sl:
What we see above are not only the names which sounds good in our ears but the most important is the meaning. Cause in ISLAM names means a prayer. And if we make a bad name then we just have to be afraid it will happen exactly with the meaning of the name. And its proved masha Allah. When Rasulullah Muhammad shalallahu alaihi wasallam found a bad name, then he would change the name. But some of them wouldnt agree cause the name was their parents gift. And something happen to them which match to the meaning of the name masha Allah. And its haram to make a bad name, such as names of kafereen idols such as Indra, Rama, Uzza, etc. And the best name in Islam is Abdullah, Abdurrahman and all which have sifat Allah. And thesedays there are many muslims so proud giving their children with celebrities names, astaghfirullah. Its really bad and dont have izzah at all. They should be afraid cause Rasulullah said if we make our self looklike one certain of people, then we will be raised in yaumul qiyamah with them.

neoinsane
05-28-2006, 08:24 AM
All Islamic Name are very good

Ummah
05-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Asalaamualaikum

bros n sis i fink it would be more helpful when giving a list of names ot Jeness if you also wrote the meaning next to it.

muslim-names.co.uk is a good site, already mentioned above.

Daffodil
06-06-2006, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

bros n sis i fink it would be more helpful when giving a list of names ot Jeness if you also wrote the meaning next to it.

muslim-names.co.uk is a good site, already mentioned above.
Asalamulaikum

the muslim names site isnt a gud site to use as half of the names dont have a correct meaning and alot of names on there arnt authentic, as theyre posted by random ppl.

it even ses so on the site, Important: Please note that Muslim-Names.co.uk is unable to guarantee the accuracy of the meanings of baby names listed on the site or even their existence because a high proportion of baby names in the database have been added by our visitors from around the world. Therefore before taking any decision on naming/renaming, we highly recommend that you verify the baby names & meanings taken from the site with the Imam at your local mosque.

al-fateh
06-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Yaseen

gamblerxix
06-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I prefer the name Adam for male,and for female Laila :)

Pk_#2
06-08-2006, 11:18 PM
LAILA IS A GOOD UN!

lolwatever
11-16-2006, 09:00 AM
jannah :D

most of my other favs mentined already.. jannah is unique tho... :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.