/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mahrams - Who are they?

akulion
05-28-2006, 04:16 PM
:salamext:

Mahram are basically people to whom your relation is Islam is such that you cannot marry them - thus you are allowed to be in front of them without a Hijab and talk to them alone without the presence of a chaperon.

Below are images which outline the Mahrams for male and females:

For Males

For Females

Insha'Allah I hope it will help understand the relations

Bro Aku

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

very informative with those outlines

barak allahu feek

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Woodrow
05-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Excellent outlines. Much easier to see then just the words.

Sunflower
05-28-2006, 11:09 PM
so what happened to the husband/wife?? isnt a husband also a mahram to a female???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
05-29-2006, 02:57 PM
:sl:

a mahram is someone your forbidden to marry. your husband isnt your mahramfor this reason. but like husband= different catergory

Najiullah
05-29-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

a mahram is someone your forbidden to marry. your husband isnt your mahramfor this reason. but like husband= different catergory

yep thats right :thumbs_up

NJUSA
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I was at a talk with Professor Jackson, and he spoke of the great prevalence of blended familes in Western societies, and the fact that the category of mahrem may have to expand in response to this, as it's a little difficult to consider a member of your family, whom you may have grown up with, a stranger to you Islamically. He also spoke about the fact that in Western societies, cousins (especially first and second cousins) are de facto mahrem, between laws prohibiting marriage between cousins, and the social taboos against marrying them. I wonder then, how this diagram might change in a few centuries, as even now, we have families of American Muslims where Islam goes back as many as four generations (third generation in my family, my grandad converted in the early 1940's).

Aly
05-29-2006, 03:11 PM
wow great,,,, Thanks much appreciated

afriend2
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
salaam,

jazakAllah for sharing that bro.

wassalam :peace:

Kittygyal
05-29-2006, 06:17 PM
SALAM.
ta for sharing :)
w.salam

Iconoclast
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
:salamext:

Mahram are ..................
[/center]
Insha'Allah I hope it will help understand the relations

Bro Aku

:brother:
JAZAKALLAH AL KHAIR
May Allah grant ( as his will he is Ar-Raheem) you merit per pixel and more

Mawaddah
05-29-2006, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NJUSA
I was at a talk with Professor Jackson, and he spoke of the great prevalence of blended familes in Western societies, and the fact that the category of mahrem may have to expand in response to this, as it's a little difficult to consider a member of your family, whom you may have grown up with, a stranger to you Islamically. He also spoke about the fact that in Western societies, cousins (especially first and second cousins) are de facto mahrem, between laws prohibiting marriage between cousins, and the social taboos against marrying them. I wonder then, how this diagram might change in a few centuries, as even now, we have families of American Muslims where Islam goes back as many as four generations (third generation in my family, my grandad converted in the early 1940's).
Category of Mahrem "might have to change" ? I think not. What this Professor is talking about is absolutely against Islamic teachings. These are the people whom we've been warned against, those who change Islam to suit their whims. Islam is Islam from the beginning until the end no matter how society perceives it. No matter how different cultures and societies may look at the marriage between cousins, The fact is that it is allowed and for that reason they can never be our Mahrams. Period. But of course, as time goes on, there will always be those people who try to change Allahs words and it's possible that there will be those people who will claim that due to changes in society, cousins will have to be included as mahrams. But The Truth will always remain that they are not and will never be.

NJUSA
05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Category of Mahrem "might have to change" ? I think not. What this Professor is talking about is absolutely against Islamic teachings. These are the people whom we've been warned against, those who change Islam to suit their whims. Islam is Islam from the beginning until the end no matter how society perceives it. No matter how different cultures and societies may look at the marriage between cousins, The fact is that it is allowed and for that reason they can never be our Mahrams. Period. But of course, as time goes on, there will always be those people who try to change Allahs words and it's possible that there will be those people who will claim that due to changes in society, cousins will have to be included as mahrams. But The Truth will always remain that they are not and will never be.
:rollseyes

Halima
05-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Jazakhallah kahir for the diagram.

:w:

wafa islam
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Asalam

Jaza Kallahu khayr for the diagram brother

Slave of Rehman
06-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Mashalalh beautiful sharing !
Jazakallaj

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.