/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Merits Of Hajj!!!

chacha_jalebi
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
salaam

Bismillah Ir Rahman Nir Raheem

now now, from what ive heard and seen Hajj seems like the bestest bestest bestest thin 1 can do! im sure the lucky bros & sistas that have done it agree :D

heres some hadiths & Quran on hajj :)

In Surah Al Imran verse 97, Allah (swt) says .....

"And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka`bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e., denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then he is a disbeliever of Allah], then Allah stands not in need of any of the `Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).''

mashallah, it says we owe hajj 2 Allah (swt), Allah (swt) neva asks us 4 anythin, we always ask him, but he has kinda asked us 2 do hajj, and some people have the money, yet they dont :heated:

some hadiths about Hajj

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "(The superstructure of) Islam is based on five (pillars), testifying the fact that La ilaha illallah wa anna Muhammad-ar-Rasul-ullah [there is no true god except Allah, and Muhammad ((PBUH)) is the Messenger of Allah], establishing As-Salat (the prayers), paying Zakat (poor due), the pilgrimage to the House [of Allah (Ka`bah)], and the Saum (fasting) during the month of Ramadan.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) delivered a Khutbah and said, "O people! Hajj (pilgrimage to the House of Allah) has been made incumbent upon you, so perform Hajj.'' A man inquired: "O Messenger of Allah, is it prescribed every year?'' He (PBUH) remained silent till the man repeated it thrice. Then he (PBUH) said, "Had I replied in the affirmative, it would have surely become obligatory, and you would not have been able to fulfill it.'' Afterwards he said, "Do not ask me so long as I do not impose anything upon you, because those who were before you were destroyed on account of their frequent questioning and their disagreement with their Prophets. So when I order you to do something, do it as far as you can; and when I forbid you from doing anything, eschew it.''
[Muslim]

this fits in with the hadiths from Bukhari "Allah (swt) curses those who keep asking about something, and in the process that thing becomes halal or haram"

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) was asked: "Which deed is the best?'' He (PBUH) replied, "Faith in Allah and His Messenger.'' Then he was asked: "What is next?'' He replied, "Jihad (holy fighting) in the Cause of Allah.'' Then he was asked, "What is after that?'' He (PBUH) replied, "Hajj Mabrur (an accepted pilgrimage).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Whoever performs Hajj (pilgrimage) and does not have sexual relations (with his wife), nor commits sin, nor disputes unjustly (during Hajj), then he returns from Hajj as pure and free from sins as on the day on which his mother gave birth to him.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "(The performance of) `Umrah is an expiation for the sins committed between it and the previous `Umrah; and the reward of Hajj Mabrur (i.e., one accepted) is nothing but Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I said: "O Messenger of Allah! We consider Jihad as the best deed, should we not then go for Jihad?'' The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The best Jihad for you women is Hajj Mabrur (i.e., one accepted by Allah).''
[Al-Bukhari]

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "(The performance of) `Umrah during Ramadan is equal to Hajj (pilgrimage).'' Or said, "Equal to the performance of Hajj with me.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

May Allah (swt) make us do hajj every year, ameen!!! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.