/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The benefits of Bismillah

jameelash
06-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem, In the Name of Allah Most Compassionate Most Merciful,

source : http://members.tripod.com/maseeh1/advices7/id124.htm

INCIDENTS RELATING TO BISMILLAH
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Most Kind, the Most Merciful

AN INCIDENT WITH ISA-JESUS(Alyhee as salat Wa Salam)

It is reported that Sayyidina Isa (alyhee as salat wa salam) passed by a grave whose inmate was being tormented. After some days he happened to pass by the same grave again. This time there was no punishment. The inmate was in great comfort.This surprised him a great deal. He asked Allah: -Lord, what brought about Your mercy so that you have lifted the punishment from this person?" Allah Ta'ala replied: -0 Isa, when the man died, he left behind a child. When his mother took him to the madrasah and he, the child, said Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem in the presence of the teacher, it is not like me to keep on punishing his father while he called me Rahmaan and Raheem. Hence, I forgave him.

BASHR HAAFI'S INCIDENT

Bashr Haafi once saw a paper with the inscription "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" lying on the ground. He picked it up. He had 2 Dirhams in his pocket. He bought perfume with these and smeared it on the paper. That night he saw (the noor(light)) of Allah Ta'ala in his dream. Allah said to him: 0 Bashr Haafi, just as you have honoured my name, in the same way I shall make you popular in the world and hereafter.

ABU MUSLIM KHAULANI'S INCIDENT

Abu Muslim Khaulani had a slave girl who used to serve him. For some time she began feeding him food mixed with poison so he could die. After a number of weeks she saw no signs of illness. So, she told him what she had been doing and asked him why no harm was coming to him.

He, in turn asked her why she was doing this. She replied that he has grown old and it was her desire to become free as soon as possible. This could only happen if he died.

He replied that no harm came to him because it is his practice to say "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" before taking any food or drink. Thereafter, he set her free so she could marry whoever she desired.

A FASCINATING STORY OF A JEWISH GIRL
It is mentioned in Lam'aate Soofiyyah that a pious man was once lecturing on the virtues of "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem". A Jewish girl was also listening to his lecture. She was so moved by the lecture that she accepted Islam. Now, whenever she did anything she always said "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" first. When her father, who was the king's minister, discovered that she had embraced Islam, he became very upset. He feared that the people would look down upon him. So, he began threatening her in the hope that she would forsake Islam. But she would not. Finally, he decided, the only solution was to kill her.

Thus, he thought of a plan: he gave her the ring which was used for sealing letters and documents in the king's court. He said to her: "Keep it until I ask for it."
Saying "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" she took it and put it in her pocket.'

That night the father tip-toed into her room and stole the ring and flung it into the river. That would give the king all the reason to hang her.

The following day a fisherman came along to the minister and gave him a fish as a gift. The minister took it and gave it to his daughter to prepare it. As soon as she opened the stomach to clean the fish she found the ring. She was shocked! For it looked exactly like the ring her father had given her! She searched for the ring in her pocket but couldn't find it. She read "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" and put the ring back into her pocket.

She then prepared the fish and presented it to her father. After he had his meal. He then asked for the ring. She said "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" and produced it from her pocket. The father was shocked for he had thrown it into the river! How could she take it out from her pocket!
He then told her what he had done and enquired where the ring came from. She told him she found it from the fish's stomach.
Witnessing the barakah(blessing) of Bismillah he accepted Islam straightaway.

THE STORY OF THE ROMAN KING
It is mentioned in Moo-dhi-hul Qur'aan that the king wrote to Sayyidina Umar () that he has continious headaches and to kindly send him some medication.
Sayyidina Umar () sent him a topee(hat). As long as he had the topee(hat) on his head he would feel well. But when he took it off, the headache came back.
He was surprised. He took off the topee(hat) and inspected it carefully. And he found "Bismillahir Rahman nir Raheem" inscribed inside.

THE STORY OF SAYYIDINA KHAALID ()
On one occasion Sayyidina Khaalid ( surrounded the enemy. So they said to him that you claim that Islam is a true religion. Show us some proof. So he said to them to bring him some poison. They brought him a cup filled with poison. He said 'Bismillah' and drank it. No harm whatsoever came to him. Witnessing this, they all embraced Islam.

Blessings:

Rasoolullah (Sallallaahu-alayhi-wasallam) is reported as saying that as long as people keep on saying Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem it will be a means of safeguarding them against sicknesses; a means of granting riches to the destitute; a means of freedom against the Fire; a means of safeguard against being swallowed by the earth; a means of safety against faces becoming distorted; and a means of safety from stones raining down from the heavens . (Ghunyatut Taalibeen Page 157)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Najiullah
06-01-2006, 06:18 AM
JazakALlah for sharing

mbaig
06-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Mashallah a very good and knowlegdable post. May allah reward you

mehnaz
06-01-2006, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameela

It is reported that Sayyidina Isa (alyhee as salat wa salam) passed by a grave whose inmate was being tormented. After some days he happened to pass by the same grave again. This time there was no punishment. The inmate was in great comfort.This surprised him a great deal. He asked Allah: -Lord, what brought about Your mercy so that you have lifted the punishment from this person?" Allah Ta'ala replied: -0 Isa, when the man died, he left behind a child. When his mother took him to the madrasah and he, the child, said Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem in the presence of the teacher, it is not like me to keep on punishing his father while he called me Rahmaan and Raheem. Hence, I forgave him.
Assalamoalaikum,

Therez no doubt in the fact that if u glorify Allah swt's name he will inturn forgive ur sins and reward u in any way he likes....

i just had a small doubt relating to the incident narrated above...isnt it mentioned clearly in the holy Quraan that everybody is responsible for their own actions....any punishment or reward that u receive is becuz of ur own actions....wat the father has done will not help the son/daughter and vice versa...if u've done something wrong u will be punished no matter how religious ur son/daughter is??....

plzz dont get me rong...i'm just trying to clear my own doubts and confusions....cuz i know there are many knowledegeable bros and sisters here who can give me a clear explanation on this topic....

JazakAllah khair...

W'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mehnaz
06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
^bump

jameelash
06-01-2006, 05:40 PM
now now wat exactly do u mean by bump?never used such word

Halima
06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
:sl:

Jazkhallah Khair for the beneficial article.

:w:

mehnaz
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Salaam,
nobody gonna give any reply??
W'salaam

jameelash
06-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by jameela

It is reported that Sayyidina Isa (alyhee as salat wa salam) passed by a grave whose inmate was being tormented. After some days he happened to pass by the same grave again. This time there was no punishment. The inmate was in great comfort.This surprised him a great deal. He asked Allah: -Lord, what brought about Your mercy so that you have lifted the punishment from this person?" Allah Ta'ala replied: -0 Isa, when the man died, he left behind a child. When his mother took him to the madrasah and he, the child, said Bismillaahir rahmaanir raheem in the presence of the teacher, it is not like me to keep on punishing his father while he called me Rahmaan and Raheem. Hence, I forgave him. )

salam-this happened during the time of Isa (a.s)The happenings of that time
is different from today .that is after the revelation of QURAN.FOR eg- Allah the Almighty gave Esa (A.S) the power to give life to the dead.but not to prophet Mohamed (S.A..W ) so one can,t argue in such matter.so i dont think it is wise tothink wat is beyond our knowledge.(this is is my own opinion)may Allah forgive me if i am in wrong.

Pk_#2
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
jazakhala

Najm
11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.....

Wow, SubhaanAllah!!!!

JazakAllah Khair for the article :)

FiAmaaniAllah

Caller الداعي
12-31-2008, 03:39 PM
salam sis! in islam nobody bares the burden of any1 else...however if a peson starts such a bad thing which is practiced by others after him bcoz of him then he wil carry a portion of the burden too(eg. the incident of qabeel who killed his bro habeel so evry1 who kills a portion of the burdn is on qabeels shouldrs)...the same goes with good deeds (eg. some1 has pious childrn who pray 4 them they wil get reward too) as is mentiond in hadith. hope that helps!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.