/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian forums?

Malaikah
06-03-2006, 06:20 AM
To the christains out there- do you guys know of any christain forums, do you go on any? if so, could you please provide me with some links to those that you like please? thanks :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
06-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Good thinking cheese :)

I want to check out some moderate-christian forums and see if they are as badly behaved as alot of muslims are these days..:rollseyes

Umu 'Isa
06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
:sl:
a few of LI members are on this forum.. http://www.christianforums.com/

:D

Malaikah
06-03-2006, 10:29 AM

thanks sis!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi cheese

To be honest I am looking for a good Christian forum myself ...

What is your aim in looking for Christian forums?

Religious debate? Then I may be able to find some forums for you - but be warned, they may not be as friendly towards other beliefs as this one.
A real benefit of the LI forum is that it is heavily moderated - and trouble-makers are quickly weeded out. Many other forums are not so well moderated, and heated discussions can get out of hand! :rant:
Perhaps there are Muslim forums like that too ... this is the only one I have ever visited.

Or are you looking to see how Christians are amongst themselves? Then I may be able to find you some 'nice friendly groups', which aim more to support rather than debate. But be warned, some of them can be overly liberal, along the lines of 'as-long-as-you-don't-harm-anybody-you-can-do-what-you-like-we-don't-mind-really', if you know what I mean. Danger is that those forums actually undermine and water down Christian teaching, and may not give you the right impression. :rollseyes

To be honest, I have not found the 'ideal' Christian forum myself. I am glad you asked the question though - perhaps I find out from others! :thankyou:

Peace

glo
06-03-2006, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam

What's that one like, Maryam?

askanalim
06-03-2006, 11:25 AM
May peace, blessings, mercy and guidance of Allah be upon you all.
ChristianForums.com - I have been informed by Al-Qari Ahmed Waheed that he was banned from there last year for trying to clear misconceptions and deliberate attempts on attacking Islam - The religion as a whole.
I would recommend caution to all those who visit such sites.
Alaikumas Salaam Wa Rahmatullah

أحمد
06-03-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by askanalim
ChristianForums.com - I have been informed by Al-Qari Ahmed Waheed that he was banned from there last year for trying to clear misconceptions and deliberate attempts on attacking Islam - The religion as a whole.
Assalam . . . & Welcome to LI forum

I think you're probably the very first real Sheikh to join this site. Your knowledge will be very much appreciated here Insha-Allah . . .

Wassalam . . .

Malaikah
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam

sis lol that website is sooooo confusing!! the lay out is strange, theres too many advertisments.. its weird... and the pages take forever to load..

i was hoping to find something just like LI except a christian version.. inshaallah.

Glo, thanks for your input, im not really sure what im looking for and why, but like i said before, something like the christain equivalent of LI would be nice. also, as you said about forums not representing the truest image of christianity- keep in mind that forums dont represent the best image of islam either!:) if you know what i mean.

:w:

Nicola
06-03-2006, 12:17 PM
sure cheese

http://www.jesusforums.net/forum/index.php

http://www.christianforums.net/

http://www.worthyboards.com/

I use these three forums...

but take alook at this page...the 500 top Christian forums from around the world..

http://www.jcsm.org/top500/

hope it helps
God Bless
nic

glo
06-03-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
sure cheese

but take alook at this page...the 500 top Christian forums from around the world..

hope it helps
God Bless
nic
Thanks, Nic! :thankyou:

glo
06-03-2006, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by askanalim
What's to be careful about?

Of course, when you become a member of a forum, you should be sensitive to the values and beliefs of that forum.
Non-Muslim members in this forum do ... and those who don't get banned! That's how it works, isn't it? :rollseyes

I see that you are new here. So welcome! :thankyou:

Peace.

Umu 'Isa
06-03-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What's that one like, Maryam?
im not really sure what its like.. i havent been on there for a while.. all i know is it is HUGEEEEE lol theres somethin like 150 000 members.. n too many sections.. but once you get used to the layout its all good.. and the people are friendly masha Allah

Malaikah
06-06-2006, 12:14 PM

^^ yeh sis i noticed its soooo big.... the links Nicola gave have comparitive religion sections too.. its interesting except theres some peole who just make you want to :heated::rant: ... thanks for those links nicola :)

glo
06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

^^ yeh sis i noticed its soooo big.... the links Nicola gave have comparitive religion sections too.. its interesting except theres some peole who just make you want to go :heated::rant: ... thanks for those links nicola :)
LOL
Believe me, there are people who want to make you go :heated::rant:, or even +o( in most forums!

Peace.

ahmed baker
06-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Have ever heard of Islam, Not what people said about, i ask sencerely and honestly to all to read the translation of the Qur' an and ponder and do reseach on the truth, You will be shocked when you read the Qur' an

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
sure cheese

hope it helps
God Bless
nic
Sorry, i forgot to say thanks :D

Umar001
07-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Im off to the Jesus forums one Inshallah looks very kinda interesting.

peace n thanks

Umar001
07-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Cheese, have you gone to the Jesus forum one?

Malaikah
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM

Oh wait! Yes i did! i just forgot. Did you join too? I think i didnt gt too active since it seems pretty dead in there.

I went to http://www.christianforums.net/

Umar001
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
cos there was someone named cheese muslim

"cheese- muslim"

Malaikah
07-04-2006, 11:44 AM

yeh thats me lol

Umar001
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Uh i thought u didnt go there.

Malaikah
07-04-2006, 11:54 AM

I edited my post, i didnt realise that it was the forum i joined then got bored of, i thought it was a different one, sorry

Umar001
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM

I edited my post, i didnt realise that it was the forum i joined then got bored of, i thought it was a different one, sorry
Lol oh ok, no worries, well howcome you got bored already??

Seems interesting in there.

Anyhow sis if you find anywhere nice please invite me there.

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 03:53 AM

i only really go to the comparitive religion sections, and its dead on the jesusforums one, but its pretty active on http://www.christianforums.net/ ive reachaed about 60 posts just trying to refute this really annoying guy who seems to have managed to collect the biggest set of lies against islam that ive ever witnessed and is presenting them as the truth, man he drives me crazy lol, check it out if u want

salam

north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 04:07 AM
Dont go to cariforum especially in Christianity and Religion threads - full of fanatic Muslims and Christians. It's like World War there. Not tolerant at all (I mean both side). There are some murtad there (ex-Muslims)

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 07:50 AM

Interesting, now im curious, i think i will check it out.

north_malaysian
07-05-2006, 08:00 AM

Interesting, now im curious, i think i will check it out.
to cariforum? Good Luck. I've been there for years, and finally I'm totally fed up and decided to leave it for good!

seek.learn
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Salaam o alaikum,
Peace,

This is really quite interesting. JazakAllah for bringing it up sis cheese. Will check those sites out as well, InshaAllah.

Iam curious though. How are there any muslim members on christianforums.com? It says its a christian only site.

Anyhows,
Thanks to everyone who provided links.

Alaikum Salaam,
Peace

Umar001
07-05-2006, 10:18 AM

i only really go to the comparitive religion sections, and its dead on the jesusforums one, but its pretty active on http://www.christianforums.net/ ive reachaed about 60 posts just trying to refute this really annoying guy who seems to have managed to collect the biggest set of lies against islam that ive ever witnessed and is presenting them as the truth, man he drives me crazy lol, check it out if u want

salam

Hmm ok sis, I didnt wanna say nothing here cos...well.. anyway yea but Im writing some replies for the Jesusforum one, cos it seems very one siided there.

And cos I do tend to miss things, I was jus wondering if you went to the Jesus one to kinda jus remind me if I ever need to reply to anythin in the future, im gettin old and tend to forget things.

I will check that one out and look out for cheese lol

EDIT: OH chese whao that forum i have to say looks ugly i jus dislike the looks but boy it looks busy in there. See you there lol

Salam ALeykum

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM

is it that ugly? btw there are too forums by the name christianforums, i visit the one that is .net not .com, and i pretty much post only in the 'christianity and other religions' section, i dont feel 'at home' in the other places lol

let me know what your username is if you join.

Umar001
07-05-2006, 11:09 AM

is it that ugly? btw there are too forums by the name christianforums, i visit the one that is .net not .com, and i pretty much post only in the 'christianity and other religions' section, i dont feel 'at home' in the other places lol

let me know what your username is if you join.

yea I saw ya defeding the prophet's peace be upon him marriage with Aisha.

Lol under your name you had 'Cheese' then under 'Not a Christian' LOL

Umar001
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
My name on there will be Eesa Abdullah, jus waiting for my account to be activated Inshallah.

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
yea I saw ya defeding the prophet's peace be upon him marriage with Aisha.

Lol under your name you had 'Cheese' then under 'Not a Christian' LOL
yeh lol the admin changed it, you wont believe the hassle they put me through over that, all i said is how come all members have that label under their nicks that implies they are christian, cant we be allowed to change it, and they gave me the biggest head ache about how i joined their forum and now i complain about their rules, if you dony like then leave etc and my question was so simply and innocent!:offended:

glo
07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Hmm ok sis, I didnt wanna say nothing here cos...well.. anyway yea but Im writing some replies for the Jesusforum one, cos it seems very one siided there.
LOL :giggling:
What do you mean, Isa?
Believe it or not, I find this forum pretty one-sided too ... but then I wouldn't expect anything else. After all this is an Islamic forum, and I would expect it to take an Islamic stance.

I think it is very commendable that you are visiting forums of other faiths. It is quite an eye opener to enter the forum of another religion ... don't you think?
You probably come across all manner of stereotypes and misinformation about your own faith, and some things you may find really offensive and upsetting. I know, I do sometimes. :X

Try to make use of your time there to learn and understand the 'other side'.
Be patient and gentle when informing them about 'your side'.
Remember that you are representing your faith. How people see you will influence whether they change or deepen the stereotypical ideas they have of Islam!

It's a tough job, Isa. Don't underestimate it! Use your wisdom, as well as you knowledge. :?

Peace, brother. :thankyou:

glo
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
now i complain about their rules, if you dony like then leave etc and my question was so simply and innocent!:offended:
Hi cheese

I'm afraid that's how forums work ... and often the best forums have the toughest rules.
This forum has some fairly strict moderating going on, and that's good so!

As I said to Isa, people may be suspicious of you because you are a Muslim.
Don't play into their stereotypes by being seemingly 'difficult'! Even if you feel you are being treated unfairly. You may just keep your head down for a bit and bite your tongue a few times!
Demonstrate the peace and friendship Islam has to offer! This is a great opportunity for you!
What will you achieve, if you get yourself banned?? :?

peace, sister.:thankyou:

Umar001
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
LOL :giggling:
What do you mean, Isa?
Believe it or not, I find this forum pretty one-sided too ... but then I wouldn't expect anything else. After all this is an Islamic forum, and I would expect it to take an Islamic stance.

I think it is very commendable that you are visiting forums of other faiths. It is quite an eye opener to enter the forum of another religion ... don't you think?
You probably come across all manner of stereotypes and misinformation about your own faith, and some things you may find really offensive and upsetting. I know, I do sometimes. :X

Try to make use of your time there to learn and understand the 'other side'.
Be patient and gentle when informing them about 'your side'.
Remember that you are representing your faith. How people see you will influence whether they change or deepen the stereotypical ideas they have of Islam!

It's a tough job, Isa. Don't underestimate it! Use your wisdom, as well as you knowledge. :?

Peace, brother. :thankyou:

With regards to the one sided thing yea I agree this forum is kinda one sided which is understanable in any forum but, here I also see like in the comperative forum, ex Christians who correct and do also tell others that they have the wrong view and so on and I think the community here is more diverse of course the main bulk are muslims but there are a few christians and a few of other faiths which i guess didnt make me think too much of the one sidedness.

Where as all i saw was a clear cut division like, one person made a comment and the others of the faith cheered no matter what was said.

In honesty I dont not expect much of seeing an amicable side from the forum I have seen, based on first impressionsions ther are better forums of christian background which I had visited before but cant remember them now :p

thanks for the advise though

glo
07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I have never been to the forum mentioned, so I cannot really comment.
Not many religious forums manage to strike the right balance between protecting one faith and tolerating others.
This forum is one of the few I know of that seem to work well. :)

peace.

glo
07-05-2006, 07:49 PM
In honesty I dont not expect much of seeing an amicable side from the forum I have seen, based on first impressionsions ther are better forums of christian background which I had visited before but cant remember them now :p

thanks for the advise though
Well, if you find/remember a Christian forum as lively, honest, friendly and well-moderated as this one, please let me know! :)

peace.

Ru'ya
07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
To the christains out there- do you guys know of any christain forums, do you go on any? if so, could you please provide me with some links to those that you like please? thanks :)
Sister cheese ..i heard that some shiekhs said that you must be knowledgable enough before entering any converstion with christians ... So i advise myself and you to be strong in ilm 1st then go there to make dawah

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 03:08 AM
As I said to Isa, people may be suspicious of you because you are a Muslim.
Now thats an understatement!

On that forum, ive been called a liar because im Muslim, intolerant because im Muslim, a potential pedofile because im Muslim, even a potential terrorist! And they treat every one of my posts as a potential threat or something, its so weird.

I guess the main reason why i was so shocked is because LI is the 1st forum ive ever been on, and as you said it is heavily moderated, so when i went to the other forum it was a real eye opener. even the admins go off topic! and the admin appears to be the rudests member too, nothing like LI.

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-06-2006, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ru'ya
Sister cheese ..i heard that some shiekhs said that you must be knowledgable enough before entering any converstion with christians ... So i advise myself and you to be strong in ilm 1st then go there to make dawah
This is extremely important advice; not only is it wrong for muslims with little knowledge to get caught up in debates on non-muslim forums, but [many] non-muslim forums will also not prevent people from being rude, insulting and abusive towards Islam and the Prophet Muhammad pbuh. As Muslims, we are commanded not to stay in the company of those who act in such a disrespectful manner:
4:140 And indeed He has revealed to you in this Book that when you hear God's revelation being rejected and ridiculed, then avoid their company until they enter into some other discourse; if you did then you would be like them; surely God will gather the hypocrites and the unbelievers all together in Hell.

On this forum we welcome any objective criticism so long as it is done with respect. Sadly, this standard is not maintained on many other forums.

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 05:37 AM

Yeh thats very true. I dont usually reply with my own words/opinions but i provide links or do my research first.

GARY
07-06-2006, 06:44 AM

salam
Is his name Gary?

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 06:49 AM
LOL is that really you? How did you get here??

GARY
07-06-2006, 06:51 AM
With my computer.

glo
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Uhoh. :rollseyes

GARY
07-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Is that how christianity teaches you to treat your guests? Sad. Although i must say the christians who refered me to this website did warn of such behaviour. Too bad you guys arent as polite to us Muslims on your forum as we are to the christian on the Islamic board i visit.
It was a hostile environment for you wasn't it?
Too bad you guys arent as polite to us Muslims on your forum as we are to the christian on the Islamic board i visit.
I have actually been reading this board for some time now. I have seen plenty of poor treatment of kafirs.

Malaikah
07-06-2006, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
I have seen plenty of poor treatment of kafirs.
Perhaps, but you will notice those in authority here (moderators and admins) do not tolerate it and try their best to reduce it. That wasnt the case on your forum.

north_malaysian
07-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Is his name Gary?
Did u smell CHEESE and followed CHEESE here?;D

Woodrow
07-06-2006, 07:47 AM
I have actually been reading this board for some time now. I have seen plenty of poor treatment of kafirs.
I believe you will find yourself treated with courtesy and fairness here. True there are sometimes people that come here with no intent to share, just to create arguements. They may sometimes arouse angry responses. However, overall, You will find that Non-Muslims are treated as fairly as the Muslim members.

north_malaysian
07-06-2006, 07:48 AM
I just wonder, how poor treatment the non muslims have here, do they feel 'hostile environment'? - just wondering:?

glo
07-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese
Is that how christianity teaches you to treat your guests? Sad. Although i must say the christians who refered me to this website did warn of such behaviour. Too bad you guys arent as polite to us Muslims on your forum as we are to the christian on the Islamic board i visit.

Quote:
Too bad you guys arent as polite to us Muslims on your forum as we are to the christian on the Islamic board i visit.

I have actually been reading this board for some time now. I have seen plenty of poor treatment of kafirs.].
There is a fine lesson here for all of us.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you". Luke 6:31.
I am quoting the Bible version pureply, because it's the easiest one for me to access. It is by no means a principle unique to Christianity. It is a Golden Rule, which is found in all faiths and none!

Why, I wonder, do we find it much easier to accuse others of poor behaviour and demand respect for ourselves, instead of granting other people respect and a positive attitude first??? :?
Note that the Golden Rule doesn't say "Demand of others to treat you, as you would like to be treated ... and then you might consider to do the same to them." :giggling:

Incidentally, although I am quoting cheese and Gary, here, this is not a post directed just at those two members.
Most of the members here (me included) can do with a good dose of self-reflection once in a while! :rollseyes

peace.:thankyou:

glo
07-06-2006, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I just wonder, how poor treatment the non muslims have here, do they feel 'hostile environment'? - just wondering:?
I can't compare to the other forum in question, but yes, sometimes I feel comments in this forum are hostile towards non-Muslims ...
Some people also make comments which are hostile towards Muslims.
I'm sure we all experience it at times. :uhwhat

peace.

Panatella
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Most of the members here (me included) can do with a good dose of self-reflection once in a while! :rollseyes
*ahem* *cough* Uhm.... me too. *cough*

north_malaysian
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I can't compare to the other forum in question, but yes, sometimes I feel comments in this forum are hostile towards non-Muslims ...

peace.
I had experience of Muslims being so hostile towards me (a Muslim). But not this forum. Thanks to God.

Panatella
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Imagine how much things would improve if every person alive started and finished each day with such a dose.

Umar001
07-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Well, if you find/remember a Christian forum as lively, honest, friendly and well-moderated as this one, please let me know! :)

peace.
I will.

To the sister's advise about having Ilm yea thats true, theres an article by Bin Bazz on this which is very nice. I dont know if its being posted here before so I wont post it.

Yea for real, hmm, I tend to try and jus do the basic stuff, havin a little knowledge about the bible its nice to be able to show others that there are very similar parts in the religions.

Umar001
07-06-2006, 12:33 PM

peace.
The only thing I can say is, I have seen statements which will always seem offensive but thats from the different view points in the faith.

Like a Muslim will say, Whoever says Jesus peace be upon him is G-d is a disbeliver.

That would seem abit hostile and so on.

I think I can deal with such things personaly, the only time I feel akward is when people make such statements, and it seems they make it out of malice, such as saying, 'Trhee in One and One in Three thats rubbish, lol' that to me would be hostile in the sense that the person seems to be taking it comically.

Anyhow, peace im to tired to comment

Ru'ya
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM

Yeh thats very true. I dont usually reply with my own words/opinions but i provide links or do my research first.
masha allah ...this is a good point but sometimes deep ilm is very essential ...

Umar001
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Cheese on that Christian Forum place it says this:

*in their 10 commanments*

This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act.
This mean I cant talk about Islam?

.... No vulgar sexual remarks. No foul language or symbols to suggest such remarks. This is a Christian site, plus, there may be young ones on the board.
This mean I cant quite Ezikeil?

Skillganon
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Is his name Gary?
Nah! Their are few, "Yawhewishisname" who keep's recycling things and few others, . I dnt know if they are still their, it is always Christianity Vs Muslim their. I stopped refuting them, got bored. I had my share attack, and I did it in return few times, when I was new, but now I stopped. I try to keep my discussion Just on a theological stage, without bringing in commentary that may be taken as offensive.

Malaikah
07-08-2006, 03:26 AM
This mean I cant talk about Islam?

Um i thought that means you just arent allowed to be insulting or make fun of their religion or go crazy posting things like "jesus isnt god, youre all lost cases' etc. Ive been posting in the comparative religion section for a while, aminly trying to refute the lies against Islam and no one has said its against the forum rules (including the admins)

Ezikeil? :?

muslim_friend
07-10-2006, 07:26 AM
I hope you dont do that Bro.. We are supposed to preach in ways that are most gentle..

Umar001
07-10-2006, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
I hope you dont do that Bro.. We are supposed to preach in ways that are most gentle..

I know with wisdom and so on, I agree and I wouldnt jus say 'LOOk at this HAHAHAHAHAH'

I would ask in the nicest way.

Pk_#2
11-07-2006, 09:06 AM
thnx for link pplz :D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24026

errrrr whatz dat all abt?! a moderator who likes 2 defame Islam? dis forum cant b a fair and just 1 can it? tut tut, am so disappointed :-\

astagfirullah read some of da threadz.....!!!!

glo
11-08-2006, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe

errrrr whatz dat all abt?! a moderator who likes 2 defame Islam? dis forum cant b a fair and just 1 can it? tut tut, am so disappointed :-\

Such threads are written out of ignorance, sister ... when enough people come together what share the same view, and not enough others to represent the opposing view!

It is sad to see this happening!
Unfortunately it happens a lot in religious forums. imsad

Although LI is one of the best moderated forums I have come across, even here I read threads and opinions, which grossly misrepresent and distort my faith!

If you feel strong enough, try to explain the real perspective of Islam - but be prepared that you may be shot down! :(
If that happens, or you don't feel strong enough for the argument, don't feel ashamed to just walk away. Some people and some arguments are not worth the effort!

Remember that not all non-Muslims share those views!

Peace

Umar001
11-08-2006, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe

Hey Assalamu Aleykum,

I actuallly had rebuttles for a couple of articles there, I think, you know, alot of those sites dont really truly care about understanding the other viewpoints (i say understanding not accepting or believing)

so just remember, whoever Allah guides none can Misguide ;)

Just reading that has made me wanna go back there.

glo
11-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey Assalamu Aleykum,

I actuallly had rebuttles for a couple of articles there, I think, you know, alot of those sites dont really truly care about understanding the other viewpoints (i say understanding not accepting or believing)
Sadly, I have to agree, Isa. imsad

Such forums are not worth hanging around in. I certainly don't!

peace

Umar001
11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Sadly, I have to agree, Isa. imsad

Such forums are not worth hanging around in. I certainly don't!

peace
Hey, hope your alright.

I don't know sometimes dropping the good word of advise and a different opinion can be good. For surely you know of the person who scatters the seed? Some lands on stoney ground some in thorny areas but others may land in fertelised areas.

Christians and Muslims, don't mind being abused, or shouldnt in some ways, for the simple fact that, 'love covers a multitude of sin' right? If one person through my words even thinks about Islam a little more nicely then at least that.

Christians, take up your cross, Muslims submit and proclaim the good news.

I mean Biblical Jesus went through stuff, and so did Muhammad. But our Reward/Blessing is with G-d!

Peace be upon both of them.

Goku
11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Assalamu Aleykum,

so just remember, whoever Allah guides none can Misguide ;)

Just reading that has made me wanna go back there.
Salam.

What was your username there?

glo
11-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, hope your alright.

I don't know sometimes dropping the good word of advise and a different opinion can be good. For surely you know of the person who scatters the seed? Some lands on stoney ground some in thorny areas but others may land in fertelised areas.

Christians and Muslims, don't mind being abused, or shouldnt in some ways, for the simple fact that, 'love covers a multitude of sin' right? If one person through my words even thinks about Islam a little more nicely then at least that.
That's just how I feel, Isa.

The problem is that many such forums create an atmosphere of division and hatred - and it can be very difficult not to repond in the same way. imsad
Sometimes it is better to walk away in peace than to fall into the trap of negative and angry vibes ...

Peace :)

Umar001
11-08-2006, 07:30 PM
That's just how I feel, Isa.

The problem is that many such forums create an atmosphere of division and hatred - and it can be very difficult not to repond in the same way. imsad
Sometimes it is better to walk away in peace than to fall into the trap of negative and angry vibes ...

Peace :)
I know, I know it can be hard, and I agree, if it upsets a person or it causes a person to end up angry or do bad then they should keep away.

Anyhow, yea, I mean as muslims you aint raelly meanto, I THINK, stay with people who are rude about your religion, kinda similar to the rules of Titus 3, anyhow, yea, it would be nice to jus drop a thread and then go, and not stay around ther like I do here.

I mean to me here, its like a family, its like a little house, a little state, with non muslims here too, which can be cool.

glo
11-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I mean to me here, its like a family, its like a little house, a little state, with non muslims here too, which can be cool.
Yeah, this place is your safe haven, isn't it Isa? :)

May God protect you through your struggles, brother.

Peace

Umar001
11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, this place is your safe haven, isn't it Isa? :)

May God protect you through your struggles, brother.

Peace
Yea, this place is my ideal country lol, if I had a country I'd have one like this website, well, hmm yea. lol.

And May G-d guide us closer to the Truth always, ameen.

Umar001
11-08-2006, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku
Salam.

What was your username there?
Having looked through am not so sure i went to that one, it had a similar lay out and similar 'topics' i cant find my pasword or username in my email acount from that site

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.