/* */

PDA

View Full Version : as Muslims, is it our duty to fight for the country...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
we live in because we eat and earn from it?

what is the ruling on it in Islam ?? e.g. I live in England, if another country attacked England would it be my job to fight against the attacking country. Im sure if this is true there would be certain guidlines, some please enlighten me :?

It's just something have heard mentioned a few times.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
06-03-2006, 08:54 PM
it depends if our ameer - ie leader asks us 2 do jihad, den we gota follow him, but our ameer gota b a gud man, and MUSLIM!!

so in d uk, d leaders aint muslims so we dnt gota fite for islam!!

also a true jihad should never be fought for land only in the name of Allah (swt) if sum1 is kickin u out of ur land cos ur muslim, den u sud spark em up & tak ova der land :D so dey neva try it agen

Dawud_uk
06-04-2006, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
we live in because we eat and earn from it?

what is the ruling on it in Islam ?? e.g. I live in England, if another country attacked England would it be my job to fight against the attacking country. Im sure if this is true there would be certain guidlines, some please enlighten me :?

It's just something have heard mentioned a few times.

assalaamu alaykum,

if you fought for the uk against muslims you would be committing clear and open kufr, any muslim who is fighting in the british armed forces against muslims has committed kufr and needs resign and make sincere taubah.

you are also required to swear alligence to the queen and uk to fight in the british army and if you do this and mean it then you have taken a clear alligence other than Allah and Islam and it is once again kufr, if you do it and dont mean it then you have lied which is also haram except under extreme necessity.

even if you joined up and didnt fight against muslims then you are still fighting somewhere else and freeing up another british soldier to go kill and rape our brothers and sisters in iraq and afghanistan.

would be best you avoided this occupation totally. ibn taymiyyah, one of the great scholars of islam ruled that a person assisting those occupying the muslim lands was committing kufr and was halal to take his blood (life), property and family (as slaves)

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.