/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No sectarian issues allowed

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-06-2006, 12:12 PM
salaam... thanks for closing that so quickly....

well all due respect this issue has to be addressed
if in a hadith the prophet (s.a.w.) says that the ummah with we divided and only one will enter jannah is it not our duity as muslims to help one another as well as ourselves to get to jannah? to be quite frank im scared of going to hell as would any other god fearing person ao i would like to know from people who can explain to me in such a way i can learn...
if its worrying bout upseting people then ok maybe i understand but i guess angering Allah with shirk maybe more on the importance side but whatever....
and as a response from that person who said why call ourselves anything but muslim... its cos you cant just call ur self and muslim and hope to wake up and for the ummah to be whole without understanding and and knowing why theirs a split...
to be honest im disapointed at the amount of forums refuse to talk bout this!!! ''what happend to the ummah we once knew so well''?? << the divided on totally different beliefs and refuse to educate one another but pertend all's well by not approcing issues!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
:sl: sister

no sect discussions are allowed as the forum is trying to promote islamic unity. and sect topics will actually cause further division with all the arguing that goes with it.

this doesnt mean the admins have totally ignored sect issues.

check out

Sects and Divisions

Tania
06-06-2006, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*miz*kurdiya*~
salaam... thanks for closing that so quickly....

well all due respect this issue has to be addressed
if in a hadith the prophet (s.a.w.) says that the ummah with we divided and only one will enter jannah !!
Do you want to say not the person actions will be judge? Its enough if that person belong to the right division :-[

Umm Yoosuf
06-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Miz Kurdiya :)

Please see this thread a simpilar issue was raised.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comments...g-crew-tm.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ayesha Rana
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I read a hadith in which the prophet (saw) told his companion that there would be 73 sects and only one would go to Jannah. The companion asked what to do if unsure which to follow and the prophet advised him to follow the majority. He further questioned what to do if the majority was wrong and the prophrt (saw) answered that we should then isolate ourselves from society even if we have to survive by eating the roots of trees.

- Qatada -
06-06-2006, 05:22 PM
:salamext:

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. (Qur'an 4:59)

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"My Ummah will be fragmented into seventy-three sects, and all of them will be in Hell fire except one sect." The companions asked Allah's messenger which group that would be. Where upon he replied, "It is the one to which I and my companions belong." (i.e. The ways of the Qur'an and Sunnah) [Tirmidhi no.171]

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Kidman
06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Ja'far bin Ali bin al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abdullah bin al-Mugheera narrated to us from his grandfather from his grandfather from Ismaeel bin Muslim ash-Shuairi from Ja'far bin Mohammed as-Sadiq (a) that the Prophet (s) said:

The most sure-footed of you on the Path will be the most loving for my household.

- Refer to Bihar ul-Anwar; 8:669 H.16 and 27:158 H.5. As-Suyoutti, in his Ihyaa ul-Mait Bi-Fadhaa'il ahl ul-Bait; which is printed in the margins of the book titled al-It'haf fi Hubb il-Ashraf; 264 H.47, records this narration and relates it to Amir ul-Mu'minin, peace be upon him. As well, Ibn Hagar records the same narration in his as-Sawaaiq ul-Muhriqa; 185, and al-Mannawi in his Kunouz ul-Haqaaiq; 5.

Not tryin to argue or anything here, just thought that if you can post a hadeeth from your sources, that there should be an equal hadeeth comin from ours, there are much more from both side, but lets just keep it like this and forfeit arguing and instead work side by side...

Peace,

Kidman

jwgoes
06-10-2006, 07:43 AM
I wrote this letter to an admin earlier today not knowing about this section of the board where you can discuss board policies, so I will reprint the letter and treat it as an open letter to the admins here. I made what I thought at the time was a nonsecterian post in regard to the question of Apostacy in Islam and was very shocked to find the post removed because it was "sectarian", and I was referred to the "correct" interpretation of the issue:

I'm writing in regard to a post I made in the Refutations forum, under the thread "Apostacy and Islam". I posted what I thought was a very favorable interpretation of the issue of apostacy which someone sent me in order to understand more about this issue which I still do not have a good understanding of despite reading all the posts in the thread, which appears to be closed now. An administrator wrote a note saying I posted a sectarian article, which is very confusing to me, because it doesn't seem sectarian at all to me. I am writing directly here because I don't see any place on this forum where we can discuss the forum itself and I don't want to disturb the forum if you do not condone discussing the forum itself.

Anyway, this censoring of my post is only confusing me more about this whole issue, because I struggle to understand how the first post which is "condoned" by the forum is nonsectarian, but an interpretation I posted by a scholar in Australia is considered to be sectarian!?

Could you please explain what you mean by sectarian? I was told this was a better forum than the last one in which I tried to get answers and still hope it is. I respect that you want to keep this forum relatively peaceful, and I can understand how the issue of apostacy inflames many people's passions, but quite frankly this seems to me one of the most misunderstood aspects of Islam and closing the discussion of it will have negative consequences.

Ultimately any human authority, whether it be a cleric or a scholar, or an ayatollah, is fallible (at least according to what Woodrow told me in my second post to this forum), so one scholar's interpretation does not create a religious sect, it seems to me it is merely an interpretation, whether it is true to the word and spirit of the Qu'ran is a seperate question, one which I hope it is possible to discuss! Should we not all not seek the truth with tranquility and a peaceful heart rather than with anger? The censoring of posts because it is deemed sectarian seems to create a sect in the very act of censoring! I was under the impression that the only Allah, and through him the Qu'ran were the only authorities!

I offer this short letter with a plea for clarification.

Peace

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Kidman i take it by saying ur books ur talking bout shia sources right? but u mentioned the ahul bait as far as i know sunni's love and respect them too and the ahul bait isnt a shia thing... that surely cant be enough to seperate the ummah

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:sl: sister

no sect discussions are allowed as the forum is trying to promote islamic unity. and sect topics will actually cause further division with all the arguing that goes with it.

this doesnt mean the admins have totally ignored sect issues.

check out

Sects and Divisions
The mindset of the Admins blows me away at times.

I wont say anymore than that,unless i am asked what i mean by that.

wa'salaam.

sonz
06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
The mindset of the Admins blows me away at times.

I wont say anymore than that,unless i am asked what i mean by that.

wa'salaam.
salama

the admins r more knowledgeable than u and they know what they r doin

im fully behind them cuz if this was a sects discussion forum, i wouldave left ages ago

masalama

jwgoes
06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
How do you define a sectarian post?

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
salama

the admins r more knowledgeable than u and they know what they r doin

im fully behind them cuz if this was a sects discussion forum, i wouldave left ages ago

masalama
o k.

wootevah ye sez sonz.

i nevah questiond dair no-ledge.i don' dis-respek dem dat moch.i nevah clemed to hev mo no-ledge den dem.im a siker of no-ledge.

let me know when you've willing to have a proper man-2-man talk,then i will explain to you what im talking about.until then,i will stop wasting my time.

wa'salaam.

p.s No offence akhi,but the fact to You fully support them doesnt comfort me one little bit.

NJUSA
06-11-2006, 05:52 AM
It seems that users can't post anything remotely sectarian, but the administrators can. Why not restrict that to an admins only area?

jwgoes
06-11-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm not a Muslim, but I've been surrounded by religions all my life and the idea of a "sect" seems ridiculous to me. Anyone on a forum is here to discuss and not to serve the interests of a particular group. It's one thing to set limits on the nature of the discussion, to delete posts which contain ad hominem attacks or viciousness or something of this nature, another to delete a post because one does not agree with the interpretation.

kadafi
06-11-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Miz Kurdiya :)

Please see this thread a simpilar issue was raised.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comments...g-crew-tm.html
Topic closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.