/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Comments

Shukria
06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
:sl: Every1

Well, the main reason I'm making this message public is that I have emailed two moderators about members making offensive remarks about other races and failed to reply. It has happened on two occasions thus something needs be done about this. Comments such as
  • I say screw the Somalis. What business is it of ours? If they wanna kill each other then I say sell both sides M-16's and let Allah sort them out.

• Laughing at the stupid Somalis kill each other.

It seems like it is acceptable for members to diss other races and that is totally out of order. I think a lot of people would protest if I started cussing Asians. Moderators need to do something about this.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yasin
06-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Seen as we're on the subject of rules being ignored and not moderated i'll bring my topic in here:

A member has publically been calling gay people 'fags'.

'Fags' is a deragotory and pathetic insult, when it is used by a Muslim it is ironic since the people that invented the term 'fag' are also the people that invented the terms '------' for all non white people.

When Crescent used it, not one user said anything which disappointed me. It REALLY angers me when Muslims fail to be aware that we live in an era where we are being watched and must be on our best behaviour more than ever since everything we say or do will be scrtunised and become sterotyped in to what the media is moulding people's perceptions of what a Muslim is.

There are non-Muslims who use this site (which makes it extra special in my opinion), those non-Muslim people may see one Muslim using homophobic terms and make the assumption that Islam is homophobic. Islam is NOT homophobic; Islam states that homosexual behaviour is a sin, but it does not state that gay people must be treated like second class citizens and insulted.

As a Sikh user pointed out perfectly, Islam preaches tolerance. So as a Muslim i condemn and apologise for Crescent's appaling and degrading use of language when describing gay people.

The fact that no moderator has said anything prior to this topic suggests to me that perhaps homophobia is allowed here; i hope a moderator can clear that up.

Good day and remember; negativity is the key to Satan's door.

Looking4Peace
06-07-2006, 12:52 AM
I couldnt agree more with what you have said, i notice alot of peoples biased and racist comments get overlooked lately whether it be making fun of religion, race, culture etc.

F.Y.
06-07-2006, 12:54 AM
I think you have brought up some good points. People should think really hard before they post.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking4Peace
06-07-2006, 01:00 AM
I also believe the people who should be banned the most are still currently members, these are generally the most racist/prejudice people who make insulting comments about others in just about every post regardless of the topic, and they know who they are.

yasin
06-07-2006, 01:02 AM
But what is also frustrating is that when nobody bothers to stick up for them they believe the silence is an undenaible show of support from everybody.

BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
:sl:

SubhanAllah. I'm really impressed by the language here. Not! So one brother uses inappropriate language, and you follow his footsteps while allegedly reprimanding him? Is this how Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) rebuked any person? Is it?

Anyhow, we do not accept any insults. Sister Shukria, I'm not sure when you PMed the mods, and if they have seen your report. Because if they did, then they would have taken care of it. :)

And please avoid going further off topic! Shukran.

Shukria
06-07-2006, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

Anyhow, we do not accept any insults. Sister Shukria, I'm not sure when you PMed the mods, and if they have seen your report. Because if they did, then they would have taken care of it. :)

And please avoid going further off topic! Shukran.
At last a Moderator:happy:
I emailed two Bro Khaldun n Muhammad, n they just disappeared. :rollseyes
Maybe I'm being paranoid Allahu 'Alim

Woodrow
06-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Defending ones religion, is a very admirable thing. Sadly all too often people believe loudness and answering in kind is defending. In relaity it is the ability to take a good cause, with good intentions and place it into the same category as that which it is attempting to protect religion from.

It is tantamount to using a Qur'an to swat a fly to prevent it from sitting on the Qur'an. The fly may be a pest and you may wish to protect the Qur'an from being defiled by it. But, that is no reason to degrade the Qur'an to protect the Qur'an.

So it is with us. Are we not to be servents of Allah? Therefore why do we allow ourselves to soil ourselves with angry words to keep others from speaking against Allah(swt). Would it not be better to speak with knowledge and truth then to defile our own speech?

It is good to be motivated by anger, but the anger must be controlled, or it will rule our thoughts. No matter how we try to justify it, doing a wrong to another will not correct a wrong done by the offender.

Would we speak words of hate to anyone after we do wudu? If not why would we defile our thoughts and words at anyother time?

Angry words of hate are seldom perceived as defense, they are usually perceived as the rantings of a madman or tools of ignorance.

Looking4Peace
06-07-2006, 01:25 AM
crescent likes to follow people around threads and push their buttons, just open his profile and follow all of them, hes already been reported to the adminstrators for cursing, insulting people etc. He what you call a forum troll, people like him need their ip's blocked because just blocking their name is useless. I know this because i am a mod on another forum, so i know all the troll tricks

BlissfullyJaded
06-07-2006, 01:27 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
At last a Moderator:happy:
I emailed two Bro Khaldun n Muhammad, n they just disappeared. :rollseyes
Maybe I'm being paranoid Allahu 'Alim
Oh okay. Don't worry sister. It happens. They won't ignore you. InshaAllah they will see it as soon as possible and sort it out for you. :)

Woodrow
06-07-2006, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria
Salam
Subhanallah Bro Crescent..U need to learn some akhlaq bro..As I have said, take ur insults somewhere else...U already made one thread go off topic (Bro Woodrow's 1). So please every1 let's all calm down
Wasalam
wa alaikum salaam Ukhti,

A thread going off topic is of little importance. Threads will always be high-jacked if the subject matter does not hold interest.

What is painfull is watching a Brother defile himself and believe he is defending Islam. Perhaps, the young man is uanaware of the connontations the words in the English language convey and perhaps he does not see the harm he is doing to himself.

Shukria
06-07-2006, 01:49 AM
Salam
This thread was supposed to be make members aware of derogatory words on other people's race, creed or religion and it has turned into a slanging match. It has turned into exactly what I was protesting against. It is so immature of members to insult other members and it is clearly not proper Islamic AKHLAQ
Wasalam

Khaldun
06-07-2006, 05:49 AM

Please refrain from making these kind of threads, contact the admins and wait for the reply. We havent ignored this, and a little patience is always good.

:threadclo

Muhammad
06-09-2006, 01:36 PM

Perhaps this thread was started slightly early, because I am quite sure you received replies to your pms.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.