/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the thread subscribtion facility

Daffodil
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Asalamulaikum

Ive been having a few probs with the thread subscribtion thing.

Basically i opted for getting instant email notification but half of the time i dont even get a notification which is quite annoying because then i have to go back n search the threads ive posted in to see if anyones replied. its very annoying. i also know some one else whose having this problem.

Is there only a certain amount of threads u can subsribe to or something.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I am having the same problem.

glo
06-07-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
^ Same problem here :(
Funnily enough, now it worked! :giggling:

Daffodil
06-07-2006, 03:02 PM
it happens more on the sisters section.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-07-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
yea... guess its more for the gender sections.

wait till kadafi come online next time n chks this.

Sabrun Jameel.
Well, I'm not in the gender sections, and it still happens to me. So it must be other sections, too.

kadafi
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
:sl:

Has this been occuring recently or from the start that you enabled the instant email notification option?

Also, make sure that you verify that your Email provider does not block emails coming from the islamicboard domain. Go to your Junk/Spam folder and see if you can find any emails from islamicboard there. If so, then add islamicboard to the safe list.

:w:

Daffodil
06-08-2006, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Has this been occuring recently or from the start that you enabled the instant email notification option?

Also, make sure that you verify that your Email provider does not block emails coming from the islamicboard domain. Go to your Junk/Spam folder and see if you can find any emails from islamicboard there. If so, then add islamicboard to the safe list.

theyre defo not going into my junk email.

n its been happening only recently its proper annoying, it happens mainly in the sisters section, even when i go onto thread tools n subscribe again i sometimes dnt even get a notification its whackkkkk

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah there's a certain thread that I started and I don't get a notification when people reply... even in the user CP.

Mohsin
06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
theyre defo not going into my junk email.

n its been happening only recently its proper annoying, it happens mainly in the sisters section, even when i go onto thread tools n subscribe again i sometimes dnt even get a notification its whackkkkk

Thtas exactly what has happened with me. I re subscirbed to it and later it still isn't working

kadafi
06-09-2006, 07:59 AM

I am currently working on this problem. Please bear with me

kadafi
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM

I have tested the subscription tool and it works perfectly.

The thing is that it sends out 1 email per thread and will continue sending emails after that once you have visited the forum again.

It says:

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I have tested the subscription tool and it works perfectly.

The thing is that it sends out 1 email per thread and will continue sending emails after that once you have visited the forum again.

It says:

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
yep i know that u only get one email notification per thread n not per post but how comes sometimes we dnt even get that notification. alot of us are having this problem n its ANNOYING.

kadafi
06-09-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
yep i know that u only get one email notification per thread n not per post but how comes sometimes we dnt even get that notification. alot of us are having this problem n its ANNOYING.
:sl: sister

I have checked the emails logs and at least 25 subscription emails have been sent to you. Is that correct, or have you only received some?

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl: sister

I have checked the emails logs and at least 25 subscription emails have been sent to you. Is that correct, or have you only received some?

Walaikum Salaam wr wb

I dnt know what u mean brother sorry.

Today I have only been notified of a few threads, the rest i just have to keep checking myself.

It doesnt matter brother, it seems theres nothing u can do about it. Ill just have to carry on with what im doing which is manually checking to see if any ones replied.

Jizakallah khair for ur help.

Asalamulaikum

Daffodil
06-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Asalamulaikum

Just thought id let u know that the thread subscribtion facillity is getting worser n worser, im hardly getting any notifications.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.