/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The elegance of a modest woman

Halima
05-15-2005, 02:22 PM
:sl:

A story that I found fasinating when I read it, and I had the urge share, which made me realize that i'm grateful for being the muslim that I already am.

While out for dinner last week with colleagues, we sat beside three 20-something women. There was the usual posing and glances exchange, and as they paid their bill two Muslim women entered and sat nearby. Whispers were quickly exchanged and we could hear, "Why do they wear those things anyway?" ... "I feel sorry for them" ... and so on.

As they filed out of the restaurant, we noticed they sported a mixed collection of the following: skin tight pants, short skirts, exposed midriffs, push-up bras, high heels, jewelry, see-through or plunging tops, piercings, lipstick and makeup, and one had breast implants for certain. We observed the two Muslim women as they were engaged in close conversation over coffee.

Their graceful features complimented their dark headscarves and warm eyes. Their natural gestures were flirty without even trying - revealing natural beauty. And their clothes, while conservative, brought forth the hidden potential of something wonderful and truly feminine.

The idea of dressing modestly terrifies some western women - but why? Perhaps it would trample their "right" to show off. Would their self-esteem fall along with their hemlines?

After some debates, we identified the cost of the western "right" to flaunt. The Muslim women were free from the fashion trap -free to "just be" without posing, comparing, dieting and spending for the approval of men and each other. And they looked more desirable to us than the exhibitionists who were in the restaurant and parading on the sidewalk.

The sexual displays in our culture are so mainstream and competitive that modesty is seen as regressive. Yet, long term, when a man looks past the right pants and heels, he will ultimately detect not confidence, but a certain unattractive desperation.

Modest women don't have that desperation - they don't compete in the arena of vanity. They have themselves - and that's the kind of attraction with legs to last the long run. Remember that the next time you feel sorry for a Muslim woman.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
05-15-2005, 02:45 PM
wow!! mashallah that's heavy jazahkallah for that i'll pass it on too :thumbs_up

~fUrRrI~
05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
jhazakhullah...love stuf like this...

Halima
05-15-2005, 03:00 PM

Hey Marvat! Jazakallah Khair for the compliment- this is to help all muslim women have the confidence they need while wearing hijab or burka- or even niquab.

Furi- Jazakhallah Khair for ur compliment aswell :applaud:

Mashallah dear sisters.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
soulja-ess
05-15-2005, 03:27 PM

jazak allah khair for that sis halima....makes us proud to be muslim women :)

~fUrRrI~
05-15-2005, 03:30 PM
:D it very much does...

Halima
05-19-2005, 06:24 PM

Dear sisters, thank you very much for the compliments..lol anytime.

h1jabi_sista
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
as salam alikum!

both funny and an extremley good read mashallah!!! :thumbs_up

if i may ask sista halima, where did you get it from? did you write it?

:)

Halima
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Assalaam walikum Sister

hahaha...no I did not write this, but I just happend to come across it when i was searching through an Islamic website subhannallah. I was chuckling to myself, b/c it is very funny just like you had said earlier..lol and that's how I came up with the idea that I should show it to my lovely wonderful sisters.

h1jabi_sista
05-19-2005, 06:50 PM

jazakallah khair sis!
:thumbs_up

:)

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullah-hey-wabarkatu

Subahanallah jazakallah khair for sharing that was a excellent read (some well deserved rep points coming your way!)

Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-20-2005, 08:00 AM
jazakallah sis, may Allah keep us on the Straight Path

Halima
05-20-2005, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABDULLAH SAOOD
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullah-hey-wabarkatu

Subahanallah jazakallah khair for sharing that was a excellent read (some well deserved rep points coming your way!)

Wassalam

Subhannallah oh thank you dear brother, May Allah bless you.

Jazakhallah Khair , sister Halima

Ra`eesah
05-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Mashallah, thats vry nice. :D

Khayal
06-01-2005, 08:50 PM

:sl: Wr Wb
MashaAllah!! Excellent sharing.....jazak ALLAH khair. :wilted_ro

:w: Wr Wb

Halima
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
lol... thank you. I will post more..lol. If anything I wanted this piece of information to help as much people as it can.

Khayal
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
MashaAllah.
Good story

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.