/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Cartoon Film on the Prophet?

Muhammad Waqqas
06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
:sl:

I just read on another website that there is a cartoon movie about the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Somebody said that its not featuring the Prophet, yet, should such things be watched?

Some people are with the opinion that making pictures and listening to music is OK, I don't know how many of you will agree. Anyway, if somebody has seen this movie, please let us know about your views. I could not download it, its to big. My connection dosen't feel like downloading it.

Oops, forgot the link: http://www.islamictorrents.net/details.php?id=1308

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nablus
06-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I am against any idea (a film ) about our last messenger

afriend2
06-08-2006, 07:49 PM
salaam,

it is quite strange....we're told not to create images and then theres a movie about our Beloved Nabi (pbuh)....

in my opinion i would NOT watch it....but Allahu Alam. its really quite a tricky subject. some may say its great in promoting da'wah...but then others wont.

wassalam :peace:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Waqqas

I just read on another website that there is a cartoon movie about the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Somebody said that its not featuring the Prophet, yet, should such things be watched?

Some people are with the opinion that making pictures and listening to music is OK, I don't know how many of you will agree. Anyway, if somebody has seen this movie, please let us know about your views. I could not download it, its to big. My connection dosen't feel like downloading it.

yh i seen the advert on islam channel :rollseyes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seeker_of_ilm
06-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Theres a link on this thread, with information about the film...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...t-prophet.html

chacha_jalebi
06-08-2006, 07:55 PM
i think they did it 2 promote it 4 d kiddies :D

Umar001
06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I have seen such cartoons, the same can be said about The Message which potrays many famous people of Islam, and music.

Personally I wouldnt buy it for my kids.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
06-08-2006, 08:01 PM
yeh i gues but its not the Prophet (saw) himself, its another person talking about the life of the Prophet (saw)

Umar001
06-08-2006, 08:04 PM
but whatabout Hamzah and Bilal And Zayd and Ja'far and so forth, may allah be pleased with them.

Its like the other day someone gave me a copy of what was meanto be a quran with pictures of all the prophets Adam his children to Abraham to mohammed peace be upon them all and Aishan and Abu Jahl and everyone.

Its all crazy.

- Qatada -
06-08-2006, 08:06 PM
:salamext:

If anyone tried to imitate our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) - i would really hate that because whoever watched it would always compare the actor to Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam. And most people would have an image of the other person in replacement of the real Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings be upon him.)

The same can be said about the film - The Message, because alot of people look at the characters from that film, and whenever anyone says the name of any of the sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) - then that actor comes to your mind, and its shocking because i think that the characters from the film were actually non muslims?

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Looking4Peace
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I always wondered why so many depictions of Jesus have been in movies and such, also many drawings, shouldnt this be offensive to christians and muslims alike as well?

x Maz x
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Why make a film about the Prophet and his blessed companions? their contributions to the spread of Allah's message is quite clear and they need not to be portrayed in Alladin like films like those *humph* Peace x

Umar001
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
thats what i mean sis Crystal, when Jerry Springer the thingy came out, i saw a couple of Christians outside BBC but NO MUSLIMS

- Qatada -
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
:salamext:

subhan Allaah that is so true.. we shouldn't allow them to disrespect any prophet of Allaah.

I remember the hype that was going on about jerry springer like 2yrs back, but i don't really remember why..

:wasalamex

Muhammad Waqqas
06-09-2006, 02:47 AM
What do we have to say about: http://www.mynaraps.com/music.htm

corn_fed
06-09-2006, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
I always wondered why so many depictions of Jesus have been in movies and such, also many drawings, shouldnt this be offensive to christians and muslims alike as well?

there are no instructions in the Christian world to hide anything.. what does a picture or cartoon matter to anyone?

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 06:08 PM
nothing to do with hiding, but making pictures of a prophet from my understanding is prohibited in Islam, I was just wondering if it was the same from christians and why they dont seem to care if Jesus is represented in disgusting ways in movies, cartoons etc

did anyone see the south park episode with Jesus taking a crap on someone?

why wouldnt a true christian be offended by this?

Umar001
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
The jerry springer thing was a show in which, they potrayed Jesus as a man wearing diapers and a man who said he was 'a little gay'

I could remember watching the news and seeing Christians there but no signs of muslims which made me think of Muslims as somewhat 'liers' since they said that all the prophets were equal to them yet didnt say much about that show.

PEACE BE UPON JESUS, AND HIS MOTHER, AND HIS FOLLOWERS.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
The jerry springer thing was a show in which, they potrayed Jesus as a man wearing diapers and a man who said he was 'a little gay'

I could remember watching the news and seeing Christians there but no signs of muslims which made me think of Muslims as somewhat 'liers' since they said that all the prophets were equal to them yet didnt say much about that show.

well i dont know about calling them liars, but that people in general seem to have no respect for Jesus all religions alike, i mean just look how many movies, cartoons and insulting images he is in everyday and barely anyone blinks an eye except for ultra conservative neo con christians that noone takes serious anyway cause most of these people are kkk trailor trash inbreds who believe everyone should die besides them, hence hence jerry farwell

but anyway the average christians and muslim alike should take these matters more serious.

Umar001
06-09-2006, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
well i dont know about calling them liars

It was jus the view I had as a non-muslim, because they kept tellin me, we treat the prophets the same yet I never heard one of them say anything bout it

thats all

Salam Aleykum

Muezzin
06-09-2006, 09:40 PM
In regards to this film, which is in essence an animated version of 'The Message', in that the Prophet (SAW) is not even depicted, I have one question for everybody:

'Who the heck cares?'

Aly
06-09-2006, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad Waqqas

Yesterday i saw that movie , they didnt show , Prophet (PBUH) , Hazrat Ali, HAzrat Hamza and some other but they does showed HAzrat Abu Talib ,

i think these kinds of films should be banned or not to be made

Muhammad Waqqas
06-10-2006, 04:16 AM
I gave a link in the last page which was the main thing to be discussed here, since we have very scholarly-minded people here who have no problem going off topic, I would request them to debate/discuss that link. The writer of the page proves that Music and singing is Halal. May be we can make up a discussion to refute this Bida'h?

Halima
06-10-2006, 05:03 AM

What doesn't anyone understand about stay on topic?

I have deleted all off topic posts please stay on topic.

Jazkhallah Khair

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.