/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Ferrari1981
06-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Is it possible for me to add a poll for sisters only to view what sort of heagear they wear?

EXPLAINED:

Ive been discussing this issue all week with friends and family and now on many forums, I know since its about the sisters headgear its still knowledge we should all know about, sisters its obvious but there is still difference on opinion on these issues... brothers to help them understand and discuss it to understand and implement the idea of importance to sisters, mothers, who dont already maintain headgear or wives and daughters if you ever have any... was just a thought that came to me...

I have 3 questions and many diagrams to understand the idea of headgear... also about:

1) Niqaab
2) Age required for head cover
3) Whats the minimum
4) and use poll

nothing PERSONAL is asked individually its all anonymous...

The poll is meant for the kind of hijab sisters wear (its not specific sisters - its anonymous), its a research paper I did at our islamic school visit...

my intentions are to learn and understand...

The poll (even though it's only for sisters) is a rough sample of many other muslim sisters out there i.e. how do a great portion of sisters cover these days. the poll is anonymous anyways so I don't see a problem and really if there is an issue, vote null vote. problem solved...

Maybe I can just post it and Ill explain then otherwise you wont udnerstand.... but intentions are to learn, as Islam has allowed us to question our religion in the right manner its not a scholarly question, sisters can help answer this... and no its not personal its a general view how sisters think about headcover REMEMBER... Brothers have a Hijab too...

It maybe interesting... Please let me know as soon as possible... ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
06-11-2006, 05:30 PM
:sl: brother

I don't think it's possible to add a poll that only one usergroup (i.e. sisters) can see it unless you move it to the sisters' section.

:w:

afriend
06-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, I suppose you could just address it to sisters ONLY!

And have a CLEAR SIGN to let brothers know not to vote :)

Ferrari1981
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl: brother I don't think it's possible to add a poll that only one usergroup (i.e. sisters) can see it unless you move it to the sisters' section. :w:
Salaam

Well I understand but the question though related to Sisters also very anonymous, all it states is what kind of head gear statistically wear (as a vote) and the 3 or 4 questions that need answering in regards to Islam…

The only humour side would be the cartoon pictures of veils!

Anyway you take care; I hope to hear from you soon.

Ma'asalaama

I pray Allah (swt) blesses us with happiness, protects and guides us, and grants us a place in Jannah. Ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Well, I suppose you could just address it to sisters ONLY!
And have a CLEAR SIGN to let brothers know not to vote :)
lol that’s a very obvious thing to do which I have already done so in other forums!

Maybe I can post it and then Kadafi can decide where it should go… though I would like to have the questions answered and an idea statistically via the poll to understand what is most popular…

Example: In another forum where I have already posted this:

SISTERS ONLY: Out of the following pictures, which do you wear!?

Hijab [ 43 ] [56.58%]

Al-Amira [ 3 ] [3.95%]

Shayla [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Khimar [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Chador [ 2 ] [2.63%]

Niqaab [ 6 ] [7.89%]

Burka [ 2 ] [2.63%]

I don't wear any headgear [ 12 ] [15.79%]

Total Votes: 76

This statistic just shows us that hijab (57%) is important and the question regarding this would be something like what is the minimum fard veil… and how important (fard in regards to islam/sunnah is a niqaab (8%)…

Let me know what you think…?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
06-12-2006, 04:06 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
Well I understand but the question though related to Sisters also very anonymous, all it states is what kind of head gear statistically wear (as a vote) and the 3 or 4 questions that need answering in regards to Islam…
I think you misunderstood brother kadafi. :) He didn't say it would have to go in the sisters room. However if you want it to be such that only that the sisters group votes, the only way others can't vote is if it goes in the sisters room. :)

I think though brother wouldn't vote.. I don't get what would make them vote, unless they were hijaab?! :? :)

syilla
06-12-2006, 04:09 AM
SISTERS ONLY: Out of the following pictures, which do you wear!?

Hijab [ 43 ] [56.58%]

Al-Amira [ 3 ] [3.95%]

Shayla [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Khimar [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Chador [ 2 ] [2.63%]

Niqaab [ 6 ] [7.89%]

Burka [ 2 ] [2.63%]

I don't wear any headgear [ 12 ] [15.79%]

Total Votes: 76

I am sorry... i don't understand what is Al-Amira [ 3 ] [3.95%]

Shayla [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Khimar [ 4 ] [5.26%]

Chador [ 2 ] [2.63%]

and burka...

maybe you could explain more on this

Ferrari1981
06-12-2006, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah
:sl:
I think you misunderstood brother kadafi. :) He didn't say it would have to go in the sisters room. However if you want it to be such that only that the sisters group votes, the only way others can't vote is if it goes in the sisters room. :)
I think though brother wouldn't vote.. I don't get what would make them vote, unless they were hijaab?! :? :)
Salaam

Jazakallah for your reply...

Well there is another option... I don't wear any headgear --- if the Brother get tempted!!! (kidding I hope not) lol

I think the only issue is if its moved to the sisters section I wont be able to see the statistical vote (no names will be mentioned so theres not aproblem there...) plus the 3 or 4 questions that need answering!?

Ma'asalaama

Ferrari1981
06-12-2006, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I am sorry... i don't understand what is Al-Amira, Shayla, Khimar, Chador and Burka... maybe you could explain more on this
Well this is where the cartoon style pictures show you the different types of veils!

The cartoons are quite funny as they were taken from BBC but the main understanding about what they are still remains itll only be the headgear part anyway so dont worry if your concerned about fitnah!!!

Jazakallah if you guys can help!

Ferrari1981
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
or unless they r in an evil mood... to mess wid the poll results...
get Alpha dude to stay away first.
guess i misunderstood this...
u sure dont want to JUDGE the importance of the hijaab/niqaab wid a mere poll...right ?
LOL @ Alpha Dude --- whos he!?

No I wont judge the importance of the hijab/niqaab with a poll... the poll is merely an understanding of the biggest percentage of women wear (headgear) from this forum (as you saw the results from another forum).

In turn there are 4 questions to be answered once sisters have voted... I could Add a poll entry: I am a brother if you like...

The main reason why I havent made a thread yet is because not of the questions but the humour cartoon styled headgears taken from BBC... its just the upper part of the head with veils...

All i need is an answer if I can post it with the pictures, these pictures are required in order for people to make sense of what is each of the headgears chosen int he poll!

Let me know... Ma'asalaama

Tania
06-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't think the poll will be misused. But you should write somewhere, with bold may be, its only for the muslim sisters.:)

Ferrari1981
06-15-2006, 11:48 AM
MODS: So is it possible for me to post the poll in basics of islam?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.