/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Multi--quoting?????

Ferrari1981
06-11-2006, 01:25 PM
MULTI-quoting... when you quote loads of posts together how is this done...

We used to a have a button called 'MULTI' on very post and you click on every post you wanted to quote multi and then reply lol

At the moment Im copy and pasting all my posts i want to reply to on word and then replying it by copy and pasting the whole multi posts back in the forum lol.

How do you guys do it!???

Ma'asalaama...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ferrari1981
06-11-2006, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
What do you mean multi-quoting? like so?:

This can be done by using [_quote] to start then put text then another [_quote] and the imbedded text and end it with two [_/quote]

BTW, use the tokens without the '_' character as that was the only way I could think to show...
LOL wrong again....

What i mean was not multi quoting... BUT multi replying posts...

for example:

theres 5 posts above me that i wish to quote (instead of quoting one by one) i want to quote them all in one reply... therefore there should be a button called multi so that i can click on every post 'multi' button under every post i like to reply to... once done itll qutomatically quote all 5 posts individually in one reply and all i have to do is reply to each on in ONE REPLY!

Do you get it (its hard to explain) actually ill get you a print screen of what i mean !????

Ma'asalaama

afriend
06-11-2006, 01:36 PM
we don't have a system for that I'm afraid :X

- Qatada -
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
:salamext:

You mean like this?
and this..
and this.........??

If you mean that, then we just copy and paste what the person said, then we put the [quote =] (no space) tags around it [/quote]

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ferrari1981
06-11-2006, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:
If you mean that, then we just copy and paste what the person said, then we put the
:wasalamex
LOL NO... haha you guys dont understand ermmm...

see most invision boards have them...

its basically not quoting because anyone can do that... by typing
What Im saying is to reply to 5 posts together in one reply... rather then replying one by one

ill go and get the print screen version youll understand better brb...

Muezzin
06-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I know what you mean. Like this?

format_quote Originally Posted by Pac Man
Wakka wakka wakka
format_quote Originally Posted by Shrek
DONKEY!
Let's say Pac Man made the first post chronologically. On his post I'd use the Quote function (the button). Then, for Shrek's message, I'd copy and paste his actual message into my current message, after Pac Man's quote, and I would enclose Shrek's message in [quote] [/ quote] tags (with no spaces). To get his name to appear, I'd use this tag with no spaces [ quote= ]. After '=' I'd manually type 'Shrek'.

You see? :)

kadafi
06-11-2006, 05:25 PM
:sl:

It will be included in the next VB upgrade, insha'Allaah.

:w:

afriend
06-11-2006, 05:27 PM
OH Cool...

JazakAllah khair brother kadafi...Will be most useful :)

Ferrari1981
06-12-2006, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Muezzin;352412]I know what you mean. Like this?
Let's say Pac Man made the first post chronologically. On his post I'd use the Quote function (the button). Then, for Shrek's message, I'd copy and paste his actual message into my current message, after Pac Man's quote, and I would enclose Shrek's message in
[/ quote] tags (with no spaces). To get his name to appear, I'd use this tag with no spaces [ quote= ]. After '=' I'd manually type 'Shrek'. You see? :)
Exactly except thats manual ... theres a button called 'multi' which does everything automatically for you!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl: It will be included in the next VB upgrade, insha'Allaah. :w:
Salaam

I hope I havent been a burden upon you, it was only a suggestion...

Ma'asalaama

Far7an
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
Salaam

I hope I havent been a burden upon you, it was only a suggestion...

Ma'asalaama
Wa alaikum asalaam.

Your suggestion will make life alot easier for many of us :happy:. Jazaakallahu khayran, and baarakallahu feekum akh kadafi.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.