/* */

PDA

View Full Version : England Flag's

SilentAssassin
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
i have noticed that there have been an increasing amount of england flags hung up on cars and houses etc and i was just wondering that if this was permissable in islam. Maybe i am wrong but i thought that nationality was forbidden in islam and that morally it is wrong to support the country who is killing so many of our brothers and sisters in the eastern world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
A country don't kill people...dnt be shilly bruv...

seeker_of_ilm
06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SilentAssassin
i have noticed that there have been an increasing amount of england flags hung up on cars and houses etc and i was just wondering that if this was permissable in islam. Maybe i am wrong but i thought that nationality was forbidden in islam and that morally it is wrong to support the country who is killing so many of our brothers and sisters in the eastern world.
:sl:

Are we supporting the "Country thats killing innocents" or are we supporting the Football team?

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Them lil men on the pitch barely wearing any clothes...astaghfirullah << but dem init

So tis ok?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sabi
06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
"The Nationalist is not one of us"

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Explain bro ^

SilentAssassin
06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
brothers all i see is muslims with the england flag. The white box with red cross. This was the same flag that the crusaders (may allah curse them) held when they marched through palestine defeating salahudin's (may allah reward him) army. This flag held by the crusaders was coloured with the muslim blood.
Wearing the football flag i have no problem with but using the england flag is a complete different point. This is just my point so i hope i have not offended anyone, insaa'ala

Al-Hanbali
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
"Nationalism is a concept alien to Islam because it calls for unity based on
family and tribalistic ties, whereas Islam binds people together on the
`Aqeedah, that is belief in Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saaw). Islam
calls for the ideological bond.

Grouping the Muslims on tribalistic lines is clearly forbidden. It is
narrated by Abu Da'wud that the Messenger of Allah (saaw) said,

"He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who
fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah.""

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 05:44 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

brothers all i see is muslims with the england flag. The white box with red cross. This was the same flag that the crusaders (may allah curse them) held when they marched through palestine defeating salahudin's (may allah reward him) army. This flag held by the crusaders was coloured with the muslim blood.
Wearing the football flag i have no problem with but using the england flag is a complete different point. This is just my point so i hope i have not offended anyone, insaa'ala
SilentAssassin-Make another post for the sisters :)

Jazakhala Taymullah

WalaykumSalaam!

Far7an
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM

Please read . It'll answer your questions inshaaAllah.

Ferrari1981
06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Salaam

BTW Farhan lov3ed your thread interesting... (i read some of it)

The way I see it the Hadith states... obey the laws of the country you live in... I dont see the england flags as a law!

But you are accusing England to be a kafir which:

1) you cannot call anyone a kafir as its only judged by allah (swt)
2) if you dislike the idea of us Muslims supporting England because of the war then why are you living here? Did the football team start the war?

Islamically theres nothing wrong with supporting a team... in fact I dont even if it mentions sport... but people should keep fit and healthy, food and activities like football help us keep in line...

Of course we should focus on Quranic studies and prayers etc... but football isnt the issue and neither is politics...

Be careful what you discuss technically theres nothing wrong... only issues in regards to football would be shorts... T-shirts are allowed but shorts must be knee length or below!

Ma'asalaama

Sabi
06-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Shorts!?! Shorts don't lead to crusades. `Asabiyyah does. The second major problem with being any sport fan however, is that it distracts one (1000 times more than music) away from duties like prayer and crongregation.

Joe98
06-21-2006, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah
Nationalism is a concept alien to Islam because it calls for unity based on
family and tribalistic ties....Grouping the Muslims on tribalistic lines is clearly forbidden.
Does this mean that London can play Manchester in a game of football (because they are cities) but the Iran cannot play Iraq (because they are countries).

Joe98
06-21-2006, 06:23 AM
"England" does not have soldiers anywhere.

The "United Kingdom" has soldiers in various places.

Ferrari1981
06-21-2006, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabi
Shorts!?! Shorts don't lead to crusades. `Asabiyyah does. The second major problem with being any sport fan however, is that it distracts one (1000 times more than music) away from duties like prayer and crongregation.
When did I say anything about crusades!!!

Shorts for men MUST be knee length to be permissible and as for women must cover themselves fully, in regards to playing sports!

A sport isn’t really an issue, it’s your Imaan, the Hadith Bukhari states you can use some free time for entertainment purposes to fulfil yourself in activities in anything such as sports…

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Does this mean that London can play Manchester in a game of football (because they are cities) but the Iran cannot play Iraq (because they are countries).
LOL @ the sarcastic remark!

format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
"England" does not have soldiers anywhere. The "United Kingdom" has soldiers in various places.
LOL that’s true!

What has any of this got to do with the relevence of this thread!

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 09:46 AM

Why would any muslim wave that england flag it's soaked in muslim blood, people might say get over it but the flags got history behind it.

------
06-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Gud point akhee.

SirZubair
06-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Somebody please enlighten me.

How is Englands flag soaked in muslim blood?

Joe98
06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
What has any of this got to do with the relevence of this thread!

The thread is about the English flag.

British soldiers serve under the flag of the UK. They do not serve under the English flag.

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Somebody please enlighten me.

How is Englands flag soaked in muslim blood?

Daffodil
06-21-2006, 02:10 PM
U wudnt wear a cross around ur neck so how is that different by waving a flag with a cross on it or putting it up on ur car window or something.

SirZubair
06-21-2006, 06:45 PM
The arguements in this thread are extremly weak.

I wont bother replying to any of them. :rollseyes

Muezzin
06-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Why are people getting so hot and bothered about a piece of fabric? I really don't understand. I thought in Islam, we're simply not supposed to go around waving flags of any countries, regardless of whose blood they spilled.

Sabi
06-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Well said Muezzin.

P.S. is it just me or has this board gotten very quiet now that the schools are doing exams? Are the regular posters mostly youngsters?

Asyur an-Nagi
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why are people getting so hot and bothered about a piece of fabric? I really don't understand. I thought in Islam, we're simply not supposed to go around waving flags of any countries, regardless of whose blood they spilled.

bro,i want to ask something (i am sorry for my limited knowledge).when i was in KSA they go around and waving flag to support their football team in world cup 2006 champaign. How about it? Thanks and may Allah be with u.

AvarAllahNoor
06-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Do you reside in England? If you do, then don't you think that's hypocritical of you to make a comment about supporting England in the games as it was them who went on a crusade, but you're happy to live in this country!

Daffodil
06-23-2006, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabi
Well said Muezzin.

P.S. is it just me or has this board gotten very quiet now that the schools are doing exams? Are the regular posters mostly youngsters?
Yep most of the ppl on this forum are kids, I feel so old n im not im still a spring chick, crying face

Sabi
06-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Aww don't say that sis, you are making me feel feel really old (I hope 30 is not that old).

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Do you reside in England? If you do, then don't you think that's hypocritical of you to make a comment about supporting England in the games as it was them who went on a crusade, but you're happy to live in this country!
Don't be silly please. Of course we can live where we like and there are plenty of English who despise tribalism and football we can be friends with, but as for those who are nationalists, do not copy them. Haven't you read the newspapers about the outrage from White Anglo Saxon Protestants and Catholics against the warlike tribalism of the Nike advert? If even they know better enough to draw a line between themselves and the tribalists then we should certainly be at least matching them in their righteousness.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.