/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We should not read tafsirs to learn Islam!!!

selma1
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
We should not read tafsirs to learn Islam!!!
:sister: Salamun alaikum:)

from

[Link Removed]

chapt25
What is the Qur'an? Translations of the Qur'an

A number of doubts and objections arise within the young people who read them. Besides, it is unsuitable for those who, like us, have little religious knowledge, to read tafsirs and hadiths to learn Islam. It causes one to lose one's iman if an ayat or hadith is misunderstood or doubted. A tafsir or hadith cannot be understood only by knowing Arabic. He who considers those who know Arabic as savants is wrong. In Beirut and in other places there are many priests whose native language is Arabic and who know Arabic literature well. Yet none of them understands Islam. In a dictionary they published in 1956 and entitled Al- Munjid, they wrote Islamic names incorrectly, even the name of the Baqi cemetery in Medina, and even the death-date of our Sayyid Rasulullah.

A person who reads a translation of this ayat cannot learn murad-i ilahi (the divine purpose). He learns what the translator has understood according to his level of knowledge. And he who reads the translation written by someone ignorant or by an irreligious translator, learns not what Allahu ta'ala says, but what the translator, who assumes that he understands it, is expressing from his own thoughts

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ayesha Rana
06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
But we all need to gain knowledge and doing Tafsir of the Qur'an is very important. Though if the person is not very knowlegable he/she should seek to study the Tefsir that is written from a well-known authentic source i.e. Ibn Kathir's Tafsir of the Qur'an. He sticks to hadith and other Ayahs from the Qur'an to explain it and from what i have seen his Tafsir is excellent Masha'Allah.

Khaldun
06-14-2006, 02:02 PM
:sl:

I think you have confused Translation of the meaning of the Quran and tafseer these are two different thigns. We should all read Tafseers and Hadith because these are in esscene what Islam is.

However we should be careful when reading "bad" or wrong Translations of the meaning of the Quran as these can sometimes be misunderstood.

06-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Yup i agree sis Ayesha. Or u should learn it off some1 who knows it already.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-fateh
06-14-2006, 02:07 PM
well, u havea point

but what about those non arabic speakers?

Ayesha Rana
06-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Well you've just gotta find the right person to learn from.

selma1
06-14-2006, 02:14 PM
[Link Removed]
salamun alaikum:)
I narrated what ahla sunnat savants declared. If want , you can learn why we should not read tafsirs to learn islam.

http://www.hizmetbooks.org/Endless_B...cle/b1-25.html

azim
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

The Quran and Hadith are there to be read. It's guidance, not decoration.

Ayesha Rana
06-14-2006, 02:20 PM
PRECISELY. The word Qur'an itself means 'recitation'

Khaldun
06-14-2006, 02:37 PM
:sl:

The site you linked to is a Sufi site.

13. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.