/* */

PDA

View Full Version : diets

Z
06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
who here is on a diet, or is planning on going on one soon?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
:sl:

if u count a detox a diet?

Z
06-14-2006, 04:41 PM
ok go on, let you have it.

just looked into it a bit, seems interesting. how is it working for you?

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 04:50 PM

Diet what for, I'm a lean mean fat burning machine :giggling:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
06-14-2006, 04:51 PM
salaam,

loads of people are on detox diets at the moment....even girls that are as young as 14!!!

but nope not on a diet....mum would rather me to put on weight than lose it.
wassalam :peace:

Musaafirah
06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm a little confused here..I thought detox was to cleanse your inner self or wahtever, this is the first I've heard of it as a 'diet' :confused:
:w:

Z
06-14-2006, 04:54 PM
hmm, don't see where it's been called a diet.

i did say that it can count as one in this case since it's something you have to do and watch the food you eat which is kind of like what i'm on about in terms of diets.

afriend2
06-14-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
I'm a little confused here..I thought detox was to cleanse your inner self or wahtever, this is the first I've heard of it as a 'diet' :confused:
salaam,

sis its about cleansing the body by getting rid of foods that may cause harm.

heres a link....that tells you all about it inshAllah.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/diet..._Diet_Plan.htm

Starseeker
06-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Diets+ME= disaster
I could never go on one. I wouldn't be able to stick to it.

S_87
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
ok go on, let you have it.

just looked into it a bit, seems interesting. how is it working for you?

havent started yet. i need to buy some herbal teas which ill do this week inshaAllah

SistaHH
06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Nah, I'm not going to go on a diet, but I am going to start doing some exercise because I need to get a bit fitter! I have been lazy for the past coupla months:heated:

SistaHH
06-14-2006, 06:32 PM
oh, and eat more vegetables too !

Mawaddah
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Detox? I dont know what that is, but my dad just ordered some 'Colon Cleansing' stuff online, and it's supposed to cleanse out your body from all the toxins and stuff in there. Apparently everyone has 15-20 pounds of toxins in stuff in their body!! :eek: ok I dont know if I got that right

Diets+ME= disaster
I could never go on one. I wouldn't be able to stick to it.
Same here sis about the disaster part :( Diets just dont work for me no matter how much I suffer, but I never give up though hehe.
I've got this book by Richard Simmons though. It's titled " Never Say Diet Book" and it's reallllllllly good.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-15-2006, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
Detox? I dont know what that is, but my dad just ordered some 'Colon Cleansing' stuff online, and it's supposed to cleanse out your body from all the toxins and stuff in there. Apparently everyone has 15-20 pounds of toxins in stuff in their body!! :eek: ok I dont know if I got that right

Same here sis about the disaster part :( Diets just dont work for me no matter how much I suffer, but I never give up though hehe.
I've got this book by Richard Simmons though. It's titled " Never Say Diet Book" and it's reallllllllly good.
Detox is somekinda treatment which you have to enter somekinda bathtub which full with some ingredients and all if Im not mistaken. And they said the toxic in our body will come out and it will reduce the fat. But I heard this method forbidden in Malaysia cause they said its a lie. Allahu A'lam. Ooh talking about dien means talking about eating. Theres hadith that said " I will not eat before ungry and stop eating before full". I found out that its not hadith sahih :rant: Its maudhu hadith. But its also right thing to do, so its just kaidah for healthy life I think.

syilla
06-15-2006, 06:59 AM
for me its easy...

always do sunnah fasting (Monday, Thursday and a lot more).

Do not eat when you're not hungry.

Stop eating even before you feel full.

Avoid eating outside (i mean outside the house). If not bring your own food from home.

Eat more fruits and vegetables.

Avoid eating sweets and junk foods.

Always do simple exercise (like skipping rope). Avoid using the lifts, use the stairs.

Try all of this...i'm sure you will loose some weight.

SolaceinIslam
06-15-2006, 09:24 AM

One should never be on a diet. A diet is, like Islam, supposed to be a way of life.

I agree with Sister syilla. One should follow moderation in everything you do and eat.

Nawal89
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm not on a diet. Those just dont work for me. But i do try eating healthier. And recently i've tried cutting out all my sugar. It's really hard. :(

afriend2
06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
salaam,

dont cut out all your sugar! ^^^^ we need some of it in our body....!!!

Nawal89
06-15-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

dont cut out all your sugar! ^^^^ we need some of it in our body....!!!

white sugar doesnt actually do your body any good. I've never of any nutrients in white sugar. I TRY to eat honey..but it tastes so nasty..I prefer not to eat anything sweet at all. But unfortunately my sister just baked a cake. She tortures me.:grumbling

SAEF
06-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I Don't Believe In Diets!!!!!

Stuff Yourself With Healthy Food And Then Spoil Yourself Rotten From Time To Time!!

amirah_87
06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Spot On Akhee!!!

Looking4Peace
06-15-2006, 07:14 PM
With the sugar things, its refined sugars that cause weight and insulin problems not the natural sugars from fruit and honey and even raw sugar( not the white stuff), same with other carbohydrates, whole grain over refined is the better choice.

I went from 180 to 127 in a year from cutting out refined sugars and carbs, less saturated fat, eliminated trans fat and excercising. This was almost 3 years ago and i have maintained this weight since, gradual way to go is best for lasting results.

And i had a slow metabolism so if it worked for me it will work for anyone, and the idea of diet is where people go wrong, u have to change your eating habits permantely, way of eating for life instead of a quick fix diet.

Mawaddah
06-15-2006, 10:39 PM
^ That's what I"m doing now sis. I've started a diet in which I take no sugars at all except for natural sugars (in fruits etc.) and taking no carbs whatsoever. I see the results already too :) alhamdulillah.

amirah_87
06-15-2006, 10:41 PM
oooh puhlzz maw.....what's it with you and nawaal.....diets are no good..just go with the flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Evil:

Looking4Peace
06-16-2006, 01:40 AM
diets are no good people need to change their eating habits permanately in a healthy manner, when people ask me why i eat the way i do and tell me are u crazy on some diet, i tell them no this is the way i always eat now and show them a picture of the past me and they get the hint, and its not about appearance eating bad= bad health and can even cause emotional problems, i feel better in alot of ways.

Looking4Peace
06-16-2006, 01:43 AM
^ That's what I"m doing now sis. I've started a diet in which I take no sugars at all except for natural sugars (in fruits etc.) and taking no carbs whatsoever. I see the results already too :) alhamdulillah.
dont cut all carbs for too long, just a few weeks then add whole wheat and other natural grains back in, its the white breads and stuff that you want to keep to eating just occasionally once weight lost is achieved, and yes fruit is the best sugar/carb choice

good luck:)

Dhulqarnaeen
06-16-2006, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAEF
I Don't Believe In Diets!!!!!

Stuff Yourself With Healthy Food And Then Spoil Yourself Rotten From Time To Time!!
Yes right akhee. Maybe in your kinda age you may not believe in diet (Maybe youre still so young so you can talk like that :brother: ), but when you get older you will be forced to change your believe :happy: I just eat usual but also dont forget to do sports eeeeeeeveryday. I never forget it tell you the truth but also I feel lazy to do it eeeeeeeveryday :giggling: . My friends have a cholesterol problems and he just eat usual. But he run almost 5 km eeeeeeeveryday masha Allah. And his cholesterol is just normal. Im too shy to do something like him :X Cause everybody will stare at me, its very strange to see a man with a long beard running on the road in here ;D But I have to do it too :rollseyes Do U have any ideas what to wear akh? :uhwhat Its impossible If I wear jubah when I do joging in the morning right? ;D.

Nawal89
06-16-2006, 11:29 AM
^^I jogged in my jilbab when i was in malaysia. They stare, let them stare. I'm trying to be healthy;D. It is kinda of embarassing in the beginning, but then i didnt get much opportunity to exercise there so i had to do that. lol but it was fun.

Protected_Diamond
06-17-2006, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
for me its easy...

always do sunnah fasting (Monday, Thursday and a lot more).

Do not eat when you're not hungry.

Stop eating even before you feel full.

Avoid eating outside (i mean outside the house). If not bring your own food from home.

Eat more fruits and vegetables.

Avoid eating sweets and junk foods.

Always do simple exercise (like skipping rope). Avoid using the lifts, use the stairs.

Try all of this...i'm sure you will loose some weight.

Alhamdulilah excellent advise! :)

Mawaddah
06-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Im too shy to do something like him Cause everybody will stare at me, its very strange to see a man with a long beard running on the road in here But I have to do it too Do U have any ideas what to wear akh? Its impossible If I wear jubah when I do joging in the morning right? .
No reason to be shy brother, if they stare then let them stare. Is a beard such a big deal anyway? I see men over here jogging with beards all the time. Anyway, are you going to let yourself be deprived of excercise just because of some ignorant peoples stares? I hope not. I never let peoples' stares get in the way of anything I want to do.

And as for what to wear, then just wear regular clothing I think, jubah would be practically impossible to jog in right :? unless you do it the yemeni way......they just hitch up the jubah in tuck it into their pants lol...but then you might as well wear a shirt like that innit?

Pk_#2
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Don't need a diet, i need some food!

REPSTER
06-17-2006, 03:29 PM

i have a balanced diet.

chocolate on one side, and fruit on th other....;)

or one day u can stuff urself with takeaways....and th next day u can clean ur system out with water and apples.

my friends say i live to eat, instead of eat to live:D

but im a growing boy so ya cant expect me to go hungry:p

Aminah_92
06-17-2006, 03:34 PM
i don't need to go on a diet, once you start dieting you start getting used to not eatin that's what happened to someone i kno, as soon as they stopped, they were soooo used to not eating that they hated the look of food, now that person is trying sooo hard to put the weight back on, lol he's not doing very well.

Dhulqarnaeen
06-19-2006, 01:38 AM
No reason to be shy brother, if they stare then let them stare. Is a beard such a big deal anyway? I see men over here jogging with beards all the time. Anyway, are you going to let yourself be deprived of excercise just because of some ignorant peoples stares? I hope not. I never let peoples' stares get in the way of anything I want to do.

And as for what to wear, then just wear regular clothing I think, jubah would be practically impossible to jog in right :? unless you do it the yemeni way......they just hitch up the jubah in tuck it into their pants lol...but then you might as well wear a shirt like that innit?
Ooh I also like you sis, I never let people get in the way of anything I wanna do too But its just maybe some of you have opinion what I have to do best about those strangers stares Im just too shy sometimes .
And yes, I will do like you suggested. Meanwhile I choose to run on my parents treadmills and do some weightlifting . But your idea about those yemeni ....., can I hitch up my jubah in tuck it into my pants ?:rollseyes ooh...its even more weird I will just do usual way insha Allah.

Umm Khalid06
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
am going on a diet don't know which one though:?

glo
06-19-2006, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lilly_rose
am going on a diet don't know which one though:?
Hi Lilly

I was just thinking about you! How are you??? :thankyou:
How is the baby?

I have to ask you ... are you feeding your baby yourself? If so, you should not be even thinking about going on a diet!!

Love,

syilla
06-20-2006, 07:03 AM
lily...when you breastfeed...you will loose weight naturally. Just don't eat unhealthy food. If you're hungry (when you breastfeed you'll always be hungry) eat wholemeal/oat biscuits and dunk it into your favourite hot drink. That way you won't easily feel hungry and stuff yourself with unhealthy diets.

Umm Khalid06
06-20-2006, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Hi Lilly

I was just thinking about you! How are you??? :thankyou:
How is the baby?

I have to ask you ... are you feeding your baby yourself? If so, you should not be even thinking about going on a diet!!

Love,
am fine and my boy is doing good .:statisfie
i am so fat+o( and most of the time he is Bottle-fed But I do breast feed him sometimes I just wanted to lost a stone or tow before end of summer time.;D :happy:

Mawaddah
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
:eek: Why do you bottlefeed him!!! Oh Subhanallah Sis Lilly you should breast feed him, that's the most natural and nutritious food you could give your son right now.....and you know when you breast feed the baby it'll help get rid of all the excess weight you put on whilst pregnancy

Please dont deprive your baby of his breast milk....it's one of his rights over you you know, that he is to be breast fed for 2 years. Unless of course you have a medical condition which is preventing you?

06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I so totally agree with sis Maw! Breastfeed your baby he needs it - it's so much healthier for kids to be breastfed. Of couse unless u can't.

Umm Khalid06
06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
well i do Breastfeed sometimes but like when we are going out i bottle feed him.but am going to try to breastfeed him more;D :happy:

06-20-2006, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lilly_rose
well i do Breastfeed sometimes but like when we are going out i bottle feed him.but am going to try to breastfeed him more;D :happy:
dats good:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.