/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which country do you live in?

Pages : 1 [2]

desert winds
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
I know her but I dont listen to her songs.I dont know any new songs of her.
But there is an interesting story which reflects the contradiction of daily life in Turkey.I actually overheard this.The vice manager at the school I work was talking to a friend of him.He told this as an example of the contradiction of believers in Turkey.He said Sibel Can prays five salahs a day.I couldn't believe because she seems very different on the stage when singing in improper clothes.But who knows?Maybe he was right maybe he was wrong.But he sounded sure about his claim.
whoa!
i am shocked to hear that, the way she dresses! astaghfirullah! but we cant really judge i suppose, and the differrence between kaffir and muslim is the salah.... im sad to hear this though, many turks confused and the imams too!
we are all in troubles in this day and age, but the beauty the scenary the culture the nature! beautiful!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
It doesn't matter. Either where you are now or where you came from. I just started this thread because i love talking to people in every country and am interested to know where everyone is from:D

Gooooooo Buckeyes!;D Believe it or not.....I think i am the only man in "Ahmed_eee_ka" that doesn't watch sports:embarrass:embarrass

I will watch soccer or for us foreigners real "football" I love watching Italy play!:D

I will watch Cricket matches sometimes with my father in law. When he went to med school in India(where he's from) he was a good bowler:D
Another example of how Americans have destroyed the English language. The game they call football, which slightly resembles rugby, have VERY LITTLE AT ALL to do with the feet.

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Another example of how Americans have destroyed the English language. The game they call football, which slightly resembles rugby, have VERY LITTLE AT ALL to do with the feet.
Are you agreeing with me? Thats what i meant. Football is soccer! The Ahmedeekan version of socalled football is boring and not nearly as good as rugby(which i played in highschool as well as Lacrosse):D

_PakistaN_
01-15-2010, 11:36 PM
I am originally born in Pakistan.

I spent only about 7 years of my life in Pakistan though.

Then me and my family came to Toronto Ontario, CANADA.

I am 19 now...woooo hooooo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
desert winds
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
I am originally born in Pakistan.

I spent only about 7 years of my life in Pakistan though.

Then me and my family came to Toronto Ontario, CANADA.

I am 19 now...woooo hooooo

I love how pakistanis are so world wide!

Supreme
01-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Are you agreeing with me? Thats what i meant. Football is soccer! The Ahmedeekan version of socalled football is boring and not nearly as good as rugby(which i played in highschool as well as Lacrosse):D
I am agreeing with you. I also hate how players of American football dress up as if they're going into a combat zone. Real men (ie rugby players) have shin pads and gum shields in maximum.

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
I love how pakistanis are so world wide!
It seems to me that everybody is in Canada...eyy :)

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 01:58 AM
I am agreeing with you. I also hate how players of American football dress up as if they're going into a combat zone. Real men (ie rugby players) have shin pads and gum shields in maximum.
I know it's rediculous...I don't watch American football, but I do here them crying on tv that they broke a nail or got a bruise as there rallying for more millions in their contracts;D

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 02:03 AM
yea there are so many Pakistanis in Canada that sometimes (most of the times) it gets nauseating man lol. Come on, I left Pakistan to go away from em and here its still just like being in Pakistan ... :p so that is why I dont live in mississauga.

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
yea there are so many Pakistanis in Canada that sometimes (most of the times) it gets nauseating man lol. Come on, I left Pakistan to go away from em and here its still just like being in Pakistan ... :p so that is why I dont live in mississauga.
Come on dude thats your people:D Love them......plus.....you will never get away from your own people;D Ever notice no matter what nataionality you are and how far you move away...you always seem to find all the same people? Like a Italian or Pakistani magnet or something?;D

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Come on dude thats your people:D Love them......plus.....you will never get away from your own people;D Ever notice no matter what nataionality you are and how far you move away...you always seem to find all the same people? Like a Italian or Pakistani magnet or something?;D
you are right. If those Pakistanis are Muslims, then sure man, I have no problem with them. But meh, they are not my people (unless they are Muslim) :p, who knows what Pakistan, or any other country might look like on the map tomorrow, :p Muslims are my people, allhamdulillah.

But yea, i agree with that magnet thing. You can 99% of the times tell that the dude is from your country, at least genetic background and you naturally start talking to em if they are good humans (Muslims in my case)) :p

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 02:30 AM
you are right. If those Pakistanis are Muslims, then sure man, I have no problem with them. But meh, they are not my people (unless they are Muslim) :p, who knows what Pakistan, or any other country might look like on the map tomorrow, :p Muslims are my people, allhamdulillah.

But yea, i agree with that magnet thing. You can 99% of the times tell that the dude is from your country, at least your genetic genetic background and you naturally start talking to em if they are good humans (Muslims in my case)) :p

_PakistaN_
01-16-2010, 03:48 AM
u're bein kind of rude......don't act like you're white cause u're not.

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
u're bein kind of rude......don't act like you're white cause u're not.
how am I being rude? I say it again, I am not a Pakistani. happy now? There is NO Islamic obligation to call myself Pakistani Why? because if I was born about 50 years ago, I would call myself Indian. So whats up with sticking to these temporary nationalistic stuff eh? I know that many Pakistanis are into nationalism and that kind of is rude to me. Once again, I am not going against any command of Allah (swt) if I say "I am not Pakistani" despite being born in the lands which are called Punjab which are by chance in the territory of what is called Pakistan, because He (swt) never said in the quran that I should be nationalistic.

And where did "white" come in from? So white people act like how I just did? That is called racism my Muslim Pakistani brother. Dont assume that just because I do not conform to the normative values of an average Pakistani then that means that I am acting like White person.

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2010, 04:32 AM
I was just wondering how many people from different countries are here? I always find it fascinating to talk to different people from all over the world.:D I happen to do that allot:D

I noticed a lot here are in the UK. Where else are you?

I am in Virginia, USA , how about you? Most of my family, %98 came form Italy. We live mainly in NY, but have spread all over the United states.
I too noticed a lot of English people here and Europeans too, also I see that the site (IslamicBoard) is hosted in the UK. I'm from India by the way and I don't represent India in any way.

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
^ ok fellas..we're not battling over Kashmir here....keep it down. You two are brothers....shake hands and make up.....welllllllllllll?

IslamicRevival
01-16-2010, 04:38 AM
^ ok fellas..we're not battling over Kashmir here....keep it down. You two are brothers....shake hands and make up.....welllllllllllll?
LOL

Pakistan Zindabad!

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
LOL

Pakistan Zindabad!
Islam zindabad.

tw009
01-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Nauseating? hmm.. too many Pakistani people make you feel 'Nauseating" :hmm:

..anyways that is one of the reason I love Mississauga! :D, Its nice to see people around from your home country.

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
Nauseating? hmm.. too many Pakistani people make you feel 'Nauseating" :hmm:

..anyways that is one of the reason I love Mississauga! :D, Its nice to see people around from your home country.
yea it does, as I dont like their mentality ... any problems? My home country is Punjab, not Pakistan. I dont really care as long as they are cultural Muslims. If they are proper Muslims, be pakistani or Indian, i like being in their company and then I dont feel nauseated.

and thats why i dont like mississauga ... too much cultural Islam here. yes there are some good mosques though, masjid farooq for example.

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Why, are Pakistanis annoying?

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmajid
Why, are Pakistanis annoying?
the non-religious ones are annoying and they are in majority. I dont like the topics they talk about. They talk about bollywood movies, bollywood songs, girls, girl friends, western TV shows such as Friends and crap ... so i find that annoying.
and oogh, they talk about TV celebrities. I was asked once that do you like atif aslam i said no, i was called a freak in that company and an outcast. So I avoid these Pakistanis, especially students at my university. Thanks God most of them are not in sciences program and usually go to commerce etc. Otherwise it would have been really tough to interact with em on daily basis ... Like if I would meet one of them on my way to some class and start to catch up, some pakistani girl would come in and these guys would start talking to her on stupid random stuff, clear intermingling of sexes ... so how can I stick around with them? I avoid them.

and once I told my friend on his sister's wedding that what is all this cultural stuff and rituals like "joota chupai," all the friends made fun of me that you are acting white. Then I said whats up with this intermingling of sexes, they called me backward idiot from stone age. They cant even make up their mind. So I avoid them.

And if you follow the website pkpolitics.com and read the comments there, you will come to see how much hatred they are spreading about Islam. I have good religious Pakistani friends who are from Kashmir, sialkot, gujranwala, Karachi, Lahore etc and I dearly respect them. So dont assume I am generalizing. I am talking about the majority.

And ooh I forgot, they even have Miss Pakistan World beauty peagent which is held in these desi venues like Payal etc!! may Allah keep Muslims away from this sort of fitna based on nationalism ....

tw009
01-16-2010, 06:14 AM
yea it does, as I dont like their mentality ... any problems? My home country is Punjab, not Pakistan. I dont really care as long as they are cultural Muslims. If they are proper Muslims, be pakistani or Indian, i like being in their company and then I dont feel nauseated.

and thats why i dont like mississauga ... too much cultural Islam here. yes there are some good mosques though, masjid farooq for example.
No I dont have a problem but it seemed like you were generalizing and it did sound a bit rude.

the non-religious ones are annoying and they are in majority. I dont like the topics they talk about.They talk about bollywood movies, bollywood songs, girls, girl friends, western TV shows such as Friends and crap ... so i find that annoying.
and oogh, they talk about TV celebrities. I was asked once that do you like atif aslam i said no, i was called a freak in that company and an outcast.
So I avoid these Pakistanis, especially students at my university. Thanks God most of them are not in sciences program and usually go to commerce etc. Otherwise it would have been really tough to interact with em on daily basis ...

and once I told my friend on his sister's wedding that what is all this cultural stuff and rituals like "joota chupai," all the friends made fun of me that you are acting white. So I avoid them.
haha lol @ the bold part

see now it sounds a bit better, before it seemed like as if you hated every single Pakistani and it was rude!!!.. but I get what your trying to say.

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
No I dont have a problem but it seemed like you were generalizing and it did sound a bit rude.

haha lol @ the bold part

see now it sounds a bit better, before it seemed like as if you hated every single Pakistani and it was rude!!!.. but I get what your trying to say.
well I have a Pakistani passport, so I am a Pakistani? So even if I hate them, its justified cuz clearly I cannot be "racist" against myself, if being a Pakistani is a race, which it is not? Anyways.

Overall, my point was that I dont distinguish between a Muslim Pakistan and a Muslim Indian, as MOST Pakistanis do. If I was told to choose between a religious Indian and a secular by-name Muslim Pakistani, I'd choose former. If any Pakistani on this forum feels that I am betraying Pakistan by liking an indian Muslim brother, then so be it, I dont care.

zakirs
01-16-2010, 06:29 AM
I am from india too .. and i love every body , well except for adolf hitler :D :D

CosmicPathos
01-16-2010, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I am from india too .. and i love every body , well except for adolf hitler :D :D
yay :D join da club

Supreme
01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
That's a name that's gone out of fashion for some reason.

Cabdullahi
01-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not from India but im sure i have Indian blood , i think i should go for a genealogical DNA test

Italianguy
01-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah, Hitler was not a good guyimsad I would have to say I love everybody as well but I will add Mussolini to the list:raging:

smile
01-16-2010, 05:09 PM
AFRICA! yah!

Banu_Hashim
01-16-2010, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
AFRICA! yah!
You should watch the series "The Lost Kingdoms of Africa" on BBC iPlayer.

Very Interesting. So far two episodes have been broadcast. Nubia and Ethiopia.

desert winds
01-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Did everyone who attacked wahabi not read his post? Did they not understand?

Anyway, africas a beautiful place, lions of tsavo, the elephants, rhinos, hippos giraffes, the sahara. The beauty of africa is majority hasnt been meddled with by humans. Its when humans take charge things go wrong. I.e plastic surgery.
Anyone to upload a pic for a better e.g?

_PakistaN_
01-17-2010, 01:23 AM
how am I being rude? I say it again, I am not a Pakistani. happy now? There is NO Islamic obligation to call myself Pakistani Why? because if I was born about 50 years ago, I would call myself Indian. So whats up with sticking to these temporary nationalistic stuff eh? I know that many Pakistanis are into nationalism and that kind of is rude to me. Once again, I am not going against any command of Allah (swt) if I say "I am not Pakistani" despite being born in the lands which are called Punjab which are by chance in the territory of what is called Pakistan, because He (swt) never said in the quran that I should be nationalistic.

And where did "white" come in from? So white people act like how I just did? That is called racism my Muslim Pakistani brother. Dont assume that just because I do not conform to the normative values of an average Pakistani then that means that I am acting like White person.
lol man I'm not trying to start a debate here lol. I'm just sayin when u said " I left Pakistan to go away from em and here its still just like being in Pakistan "

was rude

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
AFRICA! yah!
Africa impressionante!!:D

Mia madre ha speso il tempo in Africa, ha detto non importa che le persone potrebbero pensare Africa ed è delle persone sono belle!:D

Taqiyah
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Africa impressionante!!:D

Mia madre ha speso il tempo in Africa, ha detto non importa che le persone potrebbero pensare Africa ed è delle persone sono belle!:D
If "Italian" was not part of your username I would have swore you are speaking Spanish:pI get the meaning of half of the words and I only took Spanish in high school not Italian...weird:skeleton: Well I guess they both from Latin.

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
If "Italian" was not part of your username I would have swore you are speaking Spanish:pI get the meaning of half of the words and I only took Spanish in high school not Italian...weird:skeleton: Well I guess they both from Latin.
Italian is very close to Spanish some of the words and meanings are exactly the same.They have many different versions and dialects where Italians have only a couple...unless you find smaller villages that speak something nobody know's;D like in India. My Nonna also spoke "Sardo" the language spoke by some in Sardinia, as far as i was told it's closely related to a form of Arabic? We Italiano's and Italiana's just make it sound nicer;D No offense to my Latino/a Brothers and sisters:D

Dio benedice!!

Cabdullahi
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Italian is very close to Spanish some of the words and meanings are exactly the same.They have many different versions and dialects where Italians have only a couple...unless you find smaller villages that speak something nobody know's;D like in India. My Nonna also spoke "Sardo" the language spoke by some in Sardinia, as far as i was told it's closely related to a form of Arabic? We Italiano's and Italiana's just make it sound nicer;D No offense to my Latino/a Brothers and sisters:D

Dio benedice!!
Watch out for mujaheeda!

Supreme
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Dio benedice!!
When I went to France last year, specifically Disneyland, I saw someone who I assumed was Italian and one who I assumed was Spanish communicating rather well to one another. I think if I mastered Spanish, Italian would be fairly straight forward, and vice versa. However, Spanish and Portugese are so similar it's a joke.

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Watch out for mujaheeda!
Oh no! Che quell'è supposto per significare? :phew

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
When I went to France last year, specifically Disneyland, I saw someone who I assumed was Italian and one who I assumed was Spanish communicating rather well to one another. I think if I mastered Spanish, Italian would be fairly straight forward, and vice versa. However, Spanish and Portugese are so similar it's a joke.
I communicate well with Spanish speaking people...it's very similar. Italian is a little more laid back sounding, whereas Spanish is spoken faster...and i speak it proper...most off the Spanish I know speak speak to much slang...I don't know their slang?:p

Cabdullahi
01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh no! Che quell'è supposto per significare? :phew
no te preocupes !!

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
no te preocupes !!
Why should I not worry?lol

Mikayeel
01-17-2010, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
You should watch the series "The Lost Kingdoms of Africa" on BBC iPlayer.

Very Interesting. So far two episodes have been broadcast. Nubia and Ethiopia.
loll bro hv u finished watching the ethiopia one? nd hv they posted the third episode?

nd another african here!

Cabdullahi
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
^ ya zol! :)

Italianguy
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
There have been over 1,480 veiws of this thread and only like 150 replys with %50 percent of the replys be repeat users..Come on people there has to be many many more countries?? where are you? Where are the rest ofr the 1000 users looking at this thread?

desert winds
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
the views on this topic are crazy!
is that you italian refering to this topic every few secs to boost views??????

waqas maqsood
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Been a resident in London, UK from the last 10 years. Before that we were in Paris, France.

Un pays chic et magnifique! :statisfie

Ethnicity origin is from Pakistan.

Can you imagine how we have have a conversation over family dinner ( Mixture of Urdu, Punjabi, French and English)...lol

waqas maqsood
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Been a resident in London, UK from the last 10 years. Before that we were in Paris, France.

Can you imagine how we have have a conversation over family dinner (mixture of Urdu, Punjabi, French and English)...lol

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 03:34 AM
the views on this topic are crazy!
is that you italian refering to this topic every few secs to boost views??????
Not at all, I am genuenly interested in seing and knowing how many different people communicate together.:D

It's amazing how many diiferent nationalities are on these forums. God willing we will see many more responses:D

No matter our differences in faith, nationality and or culture, it is an awesome chance to communicate and learn more about each other before making generalizations and or changing our veiws of one another.

I think everyone should learn first, and ask questions peacefully, trying to understand each others veiws and beliefs before jumping to conclusions.

I am just exited;D;D:D I love meeting people from all over and making new friends.

I know many different people and make NO enemies. You can't imagine how many friends I have from every where(location), and walk in life. And I pray everyone has that opportunity!

God be with you all!

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Lahore, Pakistan :)

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 04:02 AM
God is truely great!!!!!!!

Zico
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Kuwait.

bewildred
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Wow, Zico, you were such a great player!!!!! :D

Zico
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Wow, Zico, you were such a great player!!!!! :D

I know right? :D LOL!

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zico

Kuwait.
WOW!!! Thats beautiful!:D

Amadeus85
01-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Not at all, I am genuenly interested in seing and knowing how many different people communicate together.:D

It's amazing how many diiferent nationalities are on these forums. God willing we will see many more responses:D

No matter our differences in faith, nationality and or culture, it is an awesome chance to communicate and learn more about each other before making generalizations and or changing our veiws of one another.

I think everyone should learn first, and ask questions peacefully, trying to understand each others veiws and beliefs before jumping to conclusions.

I am just exited;D;D:D I love meeting people from all over and making new friends.

I know many different people and make NO enemies. You can't imagine how many friends I have from every where(location), and walk in life. And I pray everyone has that opportunity!

God be with you all!

Italiandude, You are like Gandhi and Dalailama combined ;D

sister herb
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I love meeting people from all over and making new friends.
;D Same here. You never can´t have too much friends.

desert winds
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood

Can you imagine how we have have a conversation over family dinner ( Mixture of Urdu, Punjabi, French and English)...lol

Bonjour!
je suis la dame-
je habite en Anglattare
jai adore francais!

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Italiandude, You are like Gandhi and Dalailama combined ;D
I don't think i can be as good as either oneimsad. One can only try. I like Gandhiji....don't know much about the lama.

God be with them.

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
;D Same here. You never can´t have too much friends.
AMEN, to that.:D

waqas maqsood
01-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Bonjour!
je suis la dame-
je habite en Anglattare
jai adore francais!

Ahhh.. Basic grammar mistakes..

J'habite a l'Angleterre
J'adore le Francais..

Donc ou t'habite tu en Angleterre?

MT2
01-19-2010, 04:54 AM

J'habite en Angleterre
J'adore le Francais..

Où habites-tu/ T'habites où en Angleterre?
African residing in Canada...

waqas maqsood
01-19-2010, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MT2
African residing in Canada...
Excuser moi mon frere Africain..

MT2
01-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Excuser moi mon frere Africain..
T'importes frère pakistanais.
... et je suis une soeur
:statisfie

zakirs
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
kya baat kar rahe ho bhai log.. kuch samajh nahin aa raha hain

take this

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Mainu vi samajh nahin lagdi...tu das..lol :x

desert winds
01-19-2010, 06:05 PM

J'habite a l'Angleterre
J'adore le Francais..

Donc ou t'habite tu en Angleterre?
je nais pas de francais
je suis parlour francais

and thats about it- im lost :S i have no idea hw to form a sentence....imsad

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 05:11 AM
No one else? Do we not have any Saudi's, Afghani, syrian, Palestinians?

nightingale
01-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Indian living in Bahrain...

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale
Indian living in Bahrain...
Alo! Vaazhga. Nienga thamizh pésuviengala?

Abdul Qadir
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
lol...i guess ur wife can speak tamil? haha...

Woodrow
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
No one else? Do we not have any Saudi's, Afghani, syrian, Palestinians?
I am certain we have a few of each. I know we have at least one Person from the West Bank, but I have not seen any posts from him in quite a while.

We do have several from Afghanistan, but they no longer live there.

There are at least 3 or 4 active members living in Saudi.

I do not recall the names of any members from Syria, But I recall reading posts from people saying they were.

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
lol...i guess ur wife can speak tamil? haha...
Of course she can speak Tamil, Hindi and very litle Urdu, and Malayallam.

I know some Tamil, mostly just greetings and short phrases. Not sure i spelled it right but i wrote the reply:D

Romba Nandri!:D

Abdul Qadir
01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Of course she can speak Tamil, Hindi and very litle Urdu, and Malayallam.

I know some Tamil, mostly just greetings and short phrases. Not sure i spelled it right but i wrote the reply:D

Romba Nandri!:D
haha..ok..u dun have to worry about the spelling unless ur writing in tamil...what u have done rather is just a transileration...maybe u should learn arabic? lol...the most powerful language in the world...

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
haha..ok..u dun have to worry about the spelling unless ur writing in tamil...what u have done rather is just a transileration...maybe u should learn arabic? lol...the most powerful language in the world...
I am actually taking a course offered at my university for Arabic( havent started yet, next semester):D Taking Hindi as well. And maybe Hebrew after? ........My accent is going to be so messed up .....nobody will ever understand me;D

Abdul Qadir
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I am actually taking a course offered at my university for Arabic( havent started yet, next semester):D Taking Hindi as well. And maybe Hebrew after? ........My accent is going to be so messed up .....nobody will ever understand me;D
well, personally, i find arabic overwhelming...anyway, the purpose of me learning arab is to get closer to the quran..im learning classical arabic..what about u...whats ur purpose of taking up arabic..

Supreme
01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I hate languages. I could not even master German. German for those who don't know is perhaps the language closest to English. And I could not master it.

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 07:37 PM
well, personally, i find arabic overwhelming...anyway, the purpose of me learning arab is to get closer to the quran..im learning classical arabic..what about u...whats ur purpose of taking up arabic..
Couple of reasons (Arabic) If I learn Arabic, which is closest to Aramaic, my target language. It makes it easier to learn Aramaic. For personal edification and to read and understand the Qur'an as it is supposed to be read. Education i guess?

God bless!

Italianguy
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
I hate languages. I could not even master German. German for those who don't know is perhaps the language closest to English. And I could not master it.
I lived in Germany when I was young. Ich kann nur ein wenig Deutsch sprechen. I can say and write a small amount. We learned it in school before my mother was able to move off base. Don't miss it much, but beautiful country:D

Shahreaz
01-20-2010, 07:59 PM
from Bangladesh, the only country in the world that fought for it's language rather then land. :D

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-20-2010, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shahreaz
from Bangladesh, the only country in the world that fought for it's language rather then land. :D
I have never heard of this fight.Who did you fight against?

Shahreaz
01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
I have never heard of this fight.Who did you fight against?
Salam yasin, pls visit these links..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengali_Language_Movement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...r_Language_Day

Supreme
01-20-2010, 08:29 PM
I lived in Germany when I was young. Ich kann nur ein wenig Deutsch sprechen. I can say and write a small amount. We learned it in school before my mother was able to move off base. Don't miss it much, but beautiful country:D
The incentive was never there either. I arrogantly believed (indeed, I still do believe), that English is truly the only language one needs to bother mastering. Perhaps if it was a bigger language like Chinese or more beautiful language like Spanish I may've tried more. German is a rather ugly language, and also very logical and keeps to a lot of rules.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the links.
well I dont want to go off topic but I would like to know
if the two countries-Pakistan and Bangladash are a kind of enemy today.or is there any kind of friction like between India and Pakistan?
And are the two languages totally different from each other?For instance Can a native speaker of Bengali understand when someone speaks Urdu or vice versa?

nightingale
01-21-2010, 05:34 AM
pesamatte...konjum theriyum :exhausted

Shahreaz
01-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the links.
well I dont want to go off topic but I would like to know
if the two countries-Pakistan and Bangladash are a kind of enemy today.or is there any kind of friction like between India and Pakistan?
And are the two languages totally different from each other?For instance Can a native speaker of Bengali understand when someone speaks Urdu or vice versa?
if the two countries-Pakistan and Bangladash are a kind of enemy today. = No. We have a very good diplomatic relation with Pakistan. Infact we've good relation with all our neighboring country (India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives)

there any kind of friction like between India and Pakistan? = No

And are the two languages totally different from each other? = Yes

For instance Can a native speaker of Bengali understand when someone speaks Urdu or vice versa? = No. Urdu is more close to Hindi then Bengali.

Supreme
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Wait, what? I thought India and Pakistan hated each other? The two countries seem to have a whole lot of troops on one another's borders, and then there's the issue of Kashmir...

Italianguy
01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Wait, what? I thought India and Pakistan hated each other? The two countries seem to have a whole lot of troops on one another's borders, and then there's the issue of Kashmir...
Yeah? What happened to Kashmir?? Maybe they mean as far as a people? Politicaly speeking They aren't buddies. ..... As far as my wife tells me, and she's from India.

Supreme
01-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah? What happened to Kashmir?? Maybe they mean as far as a people? Politicaly speeking They aren't buddies. ..... As far as my wife tells me, and she's from India.
Well I've got an Indian Hindu friend, and he personally despises them and the whole concept of Pakistan.

deepfreeze66
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
I am from TAIWAN and am also HALF CHINESE... but right now i live in western world, in canada.... :shade:

Shahreaz
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm talking about my country, Bangladesh :S

Well I've got an Indian Hindu friend, and he personally despises them and the whole concept of Pakistan.
check these links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princel...hmir_and_Jammu

Italianguy
01-21-2010, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deepfreeze66
I am from TAIWAN and am also HALF CHINESE... but right now i live in western world, in canada.... :shade:
Cool, my sister-in-law is half Chinese:D She speaks Cantonese.

Italianguy
01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shahreaz
;D I just read your post again. I am so Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh:p

God bless.

north_malaysian
01-22-2010, 02:48 AM
I am from Malaysia.

Born in Georgetown, Penang Island, Malaysia. Currently living in a town called Kulim on the mainland (40 km from Penang)... and working in Penang.

I was being registered as an ethnic "Malay"... but I look like a northern Thai or a Chinese and there are some people who said that I look like a Eurasian. :hiding:

I prefer to be called as ethnic "Penangite"/"Penang Islander"

Muslim Woman
01-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Salaam / Peace

guess

S_87
01-23-2010, 10:00 AM
of indian origin from Barbados west indies currently living in England..

Cabdullahi
01-23-2010, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
of indian origin from Barbados west indies currently living in England..

from barbados

to england

what were you thinking

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 10:21 AM
My lab supervisor was a Hindu woman. She knew that I am a Pakistani (by birth) and a Muslim. I did not feel that she hated me. She was actually quite a good human. Maybe because she is well-educated and is a scientist? I do not know. Even when Mumbai attacks happened, she did not put the blame on "Pakistanis." It did not even pop up. Maybe she was just being nice? I do not know. But her response was very educated and she did not resort to stupidity at all. Actually we only talked about it for 1.5 minutes?

But in general, there are many Hindus (Indians, as Indian atheists can also be Hindus) who despise Pakistan. We, however, as Pakistanis are very happy that we were able to get separation from India.

In regards to Bengladesh, I have two Muslim bengali friends who are religious. Within Muslim community who understand Islam, nationalism does not even come up. In other words, believers get rid of petty nationalism when they are in each other's company.

In regards to the Bangla language, it is very different from Urdu. Bangla is derived from Sanskrit. And no, we cannot understand each other's languages.

S_87
01-23-2010, 10:26 AM
from barbados

to england

what were you thinking

that england has shopping centres?

Muhseen
01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I am from Nigeria. ;D

Supreme
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
from barbados

to england

what were you thinking

Tropical paradise isn't actually everything life has to offer- people have to think about more than just sun, sea and sand. Britain is richer, safer, stronger, has better education systems, fantastic healthcare system, etc.

Indians, as Indian atheists can also be Hindus
...No they can't. By definition, to be Hindu you have to believe in God/gods.

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Tropical paradise isn't actually everything life has to offer- people have to think about more than just sun, sea and sand. Britain is richer, safer, stronger, has better education systems, fantastic healthcare system, etc.

...No they can't. By definition, to be Hindu you have to believe in God/gods.
Not really. Who told you that? One of my majors was History of Religions and I've studied South Asian religions in some detail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Hinduism

Supreme
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Not really. Who told you that? One of my majors was History of Religions and I've studied South Asian religions in some detail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_in_Hinduism
I stand corrected. Although, I would like to point out, not all Indians are Hindu, and believe it or not, not all Hindus are Indian.

CosmicPathos
01-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I stand corrected. Although, I would like to point out, not all Indians are Hindu, and believe it or not, not all Hindus are Indian.
Of course not all Indians are Hindus. You have Muslim Indians. Sikh Indians. Buddhist Indians. Jain Indians. :)

And yes not all Hindus are Indian, of course as well. Hindu traditions were wide spread in antiquity to as far as Burma, Nepal, Sri Lanka. In the last 200 years, many white folks have become Hindu etc.

Supreme
01-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Of course not all Indians are Hindus. You have Muslim Indians. Sikh Indians. Buddhist Indians. Jain Indians. :)
Christian Indians as well- Christians are the third largest religious group in India, besides. We even outnumber Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists;D.

And yes not all Hindus are Indian, of course as well. Hindu traditions were wide spread in antiquity to as far as Burma, Nepal, Sri Lanka. In the last 200 years, many white folks have become Hindu etc.
That's what I meant- there have been many converts to Hinduism by white and even black folk, although it is still very much a predominantly Indian religion. When I think of India, Hinduism immediately springs to mind.

ardianto
01-23-2010, 12:44 PM
People of Bali island are Hindus. But from my knowledge, there are many differences between Hindu in India and Hindu in Bali.

north_malaysian
01-25-2010, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
People of Bali island are Hindus. But from my knowledge, there are many differences between Hindu in India and Hindu in Bali.
In Thailand and Indochina, there are ethnic Thais, Khmers and Cham Malays who are Hindus. In Malaysia, there are ethnic Chinese who are Hindus.

ardianto
01-25-2010, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
In Thailand and Indochina, there are ethnic Thais, Khmers and Cham Malays who are Hindus. In Malaysia, there are ethnic Chinese who are Hindus.
Interesting, I never know it. I thought they are Buddhists.

Faseeha
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa

Italianguy
01-27-2010, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa
I have a freind from Johannesburg:D

Faseeha
01-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I have a freind from Johannesburg:D
Oh ok, where about in Jhb is your friend from?

cihad
01-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Nkosi sikaleli Afrika

hey sis, ek is ook van Suid Afrika, maar ek is van n klein dorpie

Italianguy
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh ok, where about in Jhb is your friend from?
I want to say, witfeild or whitefeild? Not sure wich one is right?

Faseeha
01-28-2010, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
Nkosi sikaleli Afrika

hey sis, ek is ook van Suid Afrika, maar ek is van n klein dorpie
Lol, my Afrikaans is a bit rusty since finishing school. Whereabout u from?

I want to say, witfeild or whitefeild? Not sure wich one is right?
Uhm think its witfield, although Im not sure exactly which part of jhb its in.

north_malaysian
01-28-2010, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Interesting, I never know it. I thought they are Buddhists.
Well a great majority of ethnic Thais and Khmers are Buddhists, but some of them are Hindus. But there are more ethnic Thai Muslims (5% of all ethnic Thais) than ethnic Thai Hindus. The Cham Malays in Vietnam and Cambodia are like 90% Muslims and 10% Hindus.

Mohamed_Sadiq
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Nice post!

Well I represent Islam first then Somalia!

But was born in Kenya, lived in Italy (milan) and Netherlands and now currently live in UK but I really represent Somalia because thats my roots and ethnicity!

May Allah give peace to my country Somalia and other Muslim countries around the world like Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan (to many too name,subhanallah)

Amiin

Italianguy
01-29-2010, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Nice post!

But was born in Kenya, lived in Italy (milan) and Netherlands and now currently live in UK but I really represent Somalia because thats my roots and ethnicity!

May Allah give peace to my country Somalia and other Muslim countries around the world like Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan (to many too name,subhanallah)

Amiin
I know tons of somali's in New York City.

Cabdullahi
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Nice post!

Amiin
Brother i thought you were Mohammed sadiq khan?

Italianguy
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Who is that? ^

غزالی
01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Who is that? ^
i am from Pakistan.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Aslaamu`alaaykum...
i represent Islaam...
But originally a pakistani ..so yeahhhh..and i dont really like representing a country, its kinda pridefull well according to me..not you : ) doesnt necessarily mean all so yeahh
SO yea

Wa`alaaykum Salaam

Misz_Muslimah
01-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Boring London ...:hmm:

Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
I represent Finland, I think :/

cihad
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Lol, my Afrikaans is a bit rusty since finishing school. Whereabout u from?

3 hours from pe
i like to remain anonomous as possible

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
Boring London ...:hmm:
From LONDON !!!! hmmm boring London are you sure? Something is always happening in London :) its far from boring........

Mohamed_Sadiq
01-31-2010, 10:49 AM

No, I just recently joined this forum

Muhammad
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Greetings,

After 16 pages and most people already having replied, I believe this thread has served its purpose.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.