/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The arabic word Allah is pure and unique,unlike the english word 'God'.

Abdul-Raouf
06-20-2006, 01:05 PM
We muslims prefer calling Allah,instead of the English word 'God'.The arabic word Allah is pure and unique,unlike the english word 'God'.

If you add 's' or 'ess' to the word God, it can give different meaning.But Allah is a unique word no letter can be added to it. Allah is one and singular,there is no plural of Allah.Therefore the Muslims prefer saying 'Allah'.

But sometimes while speaking to non-muslims we have to use the inappropriate english word 'God' for the word 'Allah'.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
safeeyah
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
this is so true Allah is such a beautiful word

DAWUD_adnan
06-20-2006, 08:59 PM
that's right evrytime i say God im not keen on repeating it i prefer Allah

Alhamdulilahi rabi- al alamein

snakelegs
06-21-2006, 04:09 AM
i understand why you prefer the arabic.
but some people say it's forbidden to say "khuda" as in "khuda hafiz"
(khuda is farsi for god and is widely used among pakistanis and indians.)
why is it forbidden?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
06-21-2006, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i understand why you prefer the arabic.
but some people say it's forbidden to say "khuda" as in "khuda hafiz"
(khuda is farsi for god and is widely used among pakistanis and indians.)
why is it forbidden?
Refer to This thread and THIS thread.

Same article in both threads,but since they are different forums,different people have responded to the original post,..some are quite interesting.

Anyway,as for the topic,..God,..Al-Lah,..same difference.

Wa'salaam.

snakelegs
06-21-2006, 11:10 PM
thanks, sir!

Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Allah hu akbar!

Umar001
06-21-2006, 11:18 PM
I think if Im talkin in a real deep religious conversation i prolly say ALlah but if im talkin jus religiouis stuff not too deep then I prolly say G-d

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.