/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to everyone :)

limitless
06-24-2006, 05:57 AM
:sl:

GILFORD, Mich. - A teenager who flew to the Middle East to be with a man she met on MySpace.com said Friday she intends to marry him.

"I love him very much," 17-year-old Katherine Lester said of Abdullah Jimzawi, 20, who works in his father's business delivering goods to West Bank convenience stores.

Lester appeared on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America" with her father and stepmother. Jimzawi also spoke with ABC during a taped portion of the segment, describing how the pair "can't live without each other."

After hearing what Jimzawi said, Lester began weeping.

"It's true," she said. "I love you. That's all I can say."

The two first encountered each other about seven months ago on the social networking web site but have never met face to face.

Lester, who turned 17 on Wednesday, was en route to Israel earlier this month when she was intercepted in Jordan by U.S. authorities who seized her passport and put her on a flight back to the United States.

Jimzawi has told The Associated Press that the two planned to marry and that Lester planned to convert to Islam. Lester, a Christian, declined to say Friday whether she intended to convert.

The two have resumed communication online since she returned home.

"Our initial reaction was to isolate her, to lock her up and just keep her safe here in America," said her father, Terry Lester. "But that's unrealistic because you can see the love they have for each other."

Authorities filed a runaway juvenile petition against Lester earlier this week, and a judge ordered her to give up her passport and undergo counseling. If the judge finds that Lester was a runaway, she could be placed under court supervision until she turns 18.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/...yspace_mideast

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
06-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Interesting is putting it lightly..lol.

kheir,good luck to them both..

Tilmeez
06-24-2006, 06:33 AM
hmmm...

Asyur an-Nagi
06-24-2006, 07:42 AM
life is like that...and such thing happened.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shummo
06-24-2006, 07:52 AM
hmmm...interestin...

Pk_#2
06-24-2006, 11:10 PM
HUH?

haha ...

cool

yeah...

mixed emotions really :|

duno wah 2 say...aii aii aii

firdaw
06-24-2006, 11:28 PM
hummmmmmmmm cool i hope she converts to islam and wish to them both a happiness

afriend
06-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Lol

Rofl!!!

;D ;D ;D Hhahahahahahahahahah!!!

How sad?

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 11:40 PM
^^^ that ain't sad bro..that's cute!! *yeah right*

afriend
06-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh man...Anyone can put up a pretty face on the internet....Just my 2cents...So be careful out there kids, you don't wanna go marrying a peado or a grandma ;D

Woodrow
06-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Raises more questions then it answers. Apparently there was some 2 way flirting going on.

Is this a basis for a good relationship? Perhaps it is best if the young lady remains with her parents and then see if she chooses to revert to Islam for the right reason and then she may be presented to the young man as a respectable Musilimah.

limitless
06-26-2006, 03:02 AM
:sl:

It just shows that islam is a REALLY GREATEST Religion ever!

:w:

al-fateh
06-26-2006, 03:19 AM
thats like 2 weeks ago bro

north_malaysian
06-26-2006, 04:21 AM
I hope she would learn more about Islam and Arab culture before she is 18. I dont want she to convert because of love, but because her believing in Islam. But she dont have to convert, because a male Muslim can marry Ahlel Kitab. Whatsoever, good luck for them!

Nablus
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

opposing this relation

Abdulwaheed
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I dont oppose the realation, but i think the girl is acting too hastily. She has only met the online personality of this young man. she hasnt met him in person. Does she plan on getting married to him straight away after she arrives??

searchingsoul
07-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Insane girl!

Kas1m
06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
I dont oppose the realation, but i think the girl is acting too hastily. She has only met the online personality of this young man. she hasnt met him in person. Does she plan on getting married to him straight away after she arrives??
that would be a bit quick

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.