/* */

PDA

View Full Version : death penalty

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
:sl:
my country were stroke by a surge of anti death penalty protests. does any of you could explain me Islamic perspective about taking someone's life for the sins he commited?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
06-26-2006, 10:27 AM
it depends on the sins

IbnAbdulHakim
06-26-2006, 10:30 AM
:salamext:

i think apostacy, homosexuality and rape incurs the death penalty.... adulterers get stoned too i think... not sure!

:wasalamex

muslim_friend
06-26-2006, 10:35 AM
plus there is a verse in the Qur'an that mentions some others such as: taking the life of an innocent human being or causing corruption in the land.. but you can confirm it from an authentic fatwa site.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
06-26-2006, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend
plus there is a verse in the Qur'an that mentions some others such as: taking the life of an innocent human being or causing corruption in the land.. but you can confirm it from an authentic fatwa site.

:? Are you referring to Surah al-Maa`ida (5) verse 32, by any chance. It's says that whoever kills one (innocent) person, is like killing the whole of mankind.

:w:

lolwatever
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
yeh bro i think u need to be more specific, what are they complaining about? if they're applying capital punishment because someone stole a pen then yeh ther'es obviously issues there...

Asyur an-Nagi
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
they are charged for causing interracial dispute and riot (and many casualties fell in it). our president (he is a muslim) reject their death penalty review and told the polices to proceed.

lolwatever
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
when i see 'causing riot', i got this feeling that there's more to it than just because its to do with racism.. no comemnts.

But in general if there is racism going on, if the racist party is Muslim and is armed, then they are to be talked to and negotiated with to sort the matter out peacefully.. if they continue fighting for racism (or for soemthing opressive), then they are to be fought... the verse in surat al-hujurat makes that clear (i cant remember which verse, the surah isnt that long if u wanna search it up)

salam

muslim_friend
06-26-2006, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

:? Are you referring to Surah al-Maa`ida (5) verse 32, by any chance. It's says that whoever kills one (innocent) person, is like killing the whole of mankind.

:w:
Read the verse after it.. the problem is, i dont know the correct tafsir..

Salah ad-din
07-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I believe in everything that Allah(swt) has revealed to us through His Prophets(saw). Since the Mosaic days of Moses(as) The Death Penalty was a factor, and it should be now being that the as Muslims we are prescibed to follow the laws of Moses(as). Christians are too being that Jesus(as) said that he didn't come to change anything that any Prophet(peace on them all) prescribe before him. MATTHEW 5:17. This doesn't mean you kill someone as soon as they have committed a crime that is punishable by death. If someone committed a crime punishable by death for wordly gain, then they should be dealt with accordingly. If they did it to help or for any good cause and this can be prooven, then they shouldn't be punished heavily.

Salah ad-din
07-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Min 'Ajli Dhālika Katabnā `Alá Banī 'Isrā'īla 'Annahu Man Qatala Nafsāan Bighayri Nafsin 'Aw Fasādin Fī Al-'Arđi Faka'annamā Qatala An-Nāsa Jamī`āan Wa Man 'Aĥyāhā Faka'annamā 'Aĥyā An-Nāsa Jamī`āan Wa Laqad Jā'at/hum Rusulunā Bil-Bayyināti Thumma 'Inna Kathīrāan Minhum Ba`da Dhālika Fī Al-'Arđi Lamusrifūna

Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits (e.g. by doing oppression unjustly and exceeding beyond the limits set by Allāh by committing the major sins) in the land!.

مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَلِكَ كَتَبْنَا عَلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنَّه ُُ مَنْ قَتَلَ نَفْسا ً بِغَيْرِ نَفْسٍ أَوْ فَسَاد ٍ فِي الأَرْضِ فَكَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ النَّاسَ جَمِيعا ً وَمَنْ أَحْيَاهَا فَكَأَنَّمَا أَحْيَا النَّاسَ جَمِيعا ً وَلَقَدْ جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرا ً مِنْهُمْ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ فِي الأَرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ

Since the Lord has blessed every individual with certain abilities and talents, there is no reason for a person to be jealous of others. It is a miserable way of passing one's life to yearn for things that one does not possess; instead one should be content with the blessings that Allah(swt) has bestowed on him and ask directly from Allah's bounty for the things he does not possess. And the things of the Spirit are finer than the physical still.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.