/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ## Patience ##

------
06-26-2006, 02:58 PM
:salamext:

During times of deep trial, despair, and sadness,we should seek comfort and guidance in the words of Allah in the Qur'an. Allah reminds us that all people will be tried and tested in life, and calls upon us to bear these trials with "patient perseverance and prayer." Indeed, Allah reminds us that many people before us have suffered and had their faith tested; so too will we be tried and tested in this life.
There are dozens upon dozens of verses that remind us to be patient and trust in Allah during these times of trial. Among them:

"Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble."
(2:45)

"Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere."
(2:153)

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance."
(2:155-157)

"Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper."
(3:200)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish."
(11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah."
(16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning."
(40:55)

"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune."
(41:35)

"Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy."
(103:2-3)

As Muslims, we should not let our emotions get the better of us. It is certainly difficult for a person to look at the tragedies of the world today and not feel helpless and sad. But believers are called to put their trust in their Lord, and not to fall into despair or hopelessness. We must continue to do what Allah has called us to do: put our trust in Him, perform good deeds, and stand as witnesses for justice and truth.

"It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards East or West.
But it is righteousness to believe in Allah and the Last Day,
And the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers;
To spend of your substance, out of love for Him,
For your kin, for orphans, for the needy,
for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves;
To be steadfast in prayer
And give in charity;
To fulfill the contracts which you have made;
And to be firm and patient, in pain and adversity
And throughout all periods of panic.
Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing.
Qur'an 2:177

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Qur'an 94:5-6

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim_friend
07-05-2006, 03:13 AM
:sl:

JazakAllah khair for reminding.I love that last verse.. It gives so much hope, no wonder it's repeated twice.. SubhanAllah!

umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
BaarakaAllahu feeki ukhti, we always need reminders, may Allah reward you. Just reminds you how beautiful our deen is, alhamdulillah.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Patience is bitter, but the result is very sweet.
Please pray for me guys, I have some debts that make this world seems so narrow for me. I cant deny it and I dont wanna escape from it, cause its my responsibilities to my brothers in Islam (especially he is salafy masha Allah). Its best to be bitter in here than in the day hereafter. Please pray for me, I really need it. Yaa Rabbi sahilni...amin.

Like it said above...
So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
Patience is bitter, but the result is very sweet.
Please pray for me guys, I have some debts that make this world seems so narrow for me. I cant deny it and I dont wanna escape from it, cause its my responsibilities to my brothers in Islam (especially he is salafy masha Allah). Its best to be bitter in here than in the day hereafter. Please pray for me, I really need it. Yaa Rabbi sahilni...amin.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...scenery028.jpg
Like it said above...
So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
I ask Allah ta3aala to settle your debt akhaana, Fata7aAllahu 3alayk.

muslimah_here
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Ofcourse being patient is very difficult thats why theres a greater reward in the hereafter for those who are patient in this life, Its a form of bravery to self restrain urself.

i am sorry to say that patience is something we muslims lack, we tend to get very emotional and aggresive irrespective of the fact that we might be wrong, we think by showing anger we will suppresss the other. may ALLAh give us all patience in our day to day lives, ameen.
ALLAHAFIZ

------
03-01-2007, 09:30 AM

Patience is a necessity in Islam, as you will not get anywhere, through any hard situations without patience. I\'ve learnt that through life.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-01-2007, 10:30 AM

jazakAllah khair ukhtee wa barakAllahu feeki

------
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM

*BUMP*

Ummu Sufyaan
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
jazakallahu khair!

Souljette
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
jazakhallah...veryyyy usefullll post

jannat
02-09-2008, 12:23 AM

nice post!Yes indeed patience is a hard thing to have and grasp, when ur faced with a difficult situation u feel weak , helpless , esp if ur imaan is weak.I hope Allah (SWT) gives us all patience(sabr) inshallah.i am goin thru somefin difficult at the moment, i really hope Allah (SWT) can answer me inshallah, give me ease inshallah and many more out there who are facing difficult situations inshallah tala.Ameen. Hopefully the words of Allah, as stated in the post will help i.e. 'Verily, with every difficulty there is relief., Inshallah.

Remember me in ur duas, :)
JAZAKALLAH

:w:

Annie
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Salams
jazakllah for that post.
wasalam

Re.TiReD
02-21-2008, 08:42 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Fantastic thread Masha'Allah! We all need reminding once in a while that Allah's mercy and loves tops EVERYTHING! SubhanAllah...So be patient *smile*

WassalamuAlaykum

*Maysun
02-22-2008, 01:02 PM
good reminder masha allah .. jazakaaai allah khair sista ...

~ Sabr ~
01-10-2012, 03:45 PM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.