/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know Any Du'as (Supplication)?

Taqiyah
06-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Asalama Alaikum..:)
Bismillah!:sister:

I posted this thread coz I want to learn new Du'as from u guys....and I will try and write the ones I already know.
O.k sisters and brothers.....this is how it goes......someone is gonna post a Du'a in Arabic or English....and whoever can translate it in any other language(it doesn't have to be in English only) will do so.:sister: If for example somebody translates a Du'a into Urdu or Somali or whatever and most people don't understand it someone else is then gonna translate it in English:) ....got it? :?

It is kinda confussing.:heated: ........but lets give it a shot!!

O.K I will go first.:statisfie .......

Dua taught to a new muslim

1-O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.:statisfie

Reaching the top of an incline

2-O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. ;D

Upon awakening

3-Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him.:)
Ok...Someone:? anyone:giggling:

S/c/w

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Taqiyah
06-27-2006, 04:16 AM
:? Come on guys........:statisfie :statisfie Please...!! :sister:
:X Somebody???? Anybody???????????:thankyou:

Taqiyah
06-28-2006, 03:34 AM
:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
dua for entering the toilet:

Allahuma inni auzubikka minal khuboosi wal khabayyis
i seek refuge in Allah from the he-devil and the she-devil

Dua for exiting:

Ghufraanaka <--- This hadith has difference of opinion, but accordin to majority of hanafi scholars its sound!
Allah forgive me

:salamext: :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taqiyah
07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
dua for entering the toilet:

Allahuma inni auzubikka minal khuboosi wal khabayyis
i seek refuge in Allah from the he-devil and the she-devil

Dua for exiting:

Ghufaanaka <--- This hadith has difference of opinion, but accordin to majority of hanafi scholars its sound!
Allah forgive me

:salamext: :)
Thanks brother. But u didn't translate my Du'as first......:?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
[/B]Dua taught to a new muslim
ENGLISH
1-O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.:statisfie

BENGALI (only other language i really know :embarrass
Ya Allah amare maaf khori dhew, afnar rahmat amare dhaan khori dhew, Sahih fotho amare rakhyo!

ENGLISH
2-O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. ;D

BENGALI
Ya Allah, Shokholta afnar hukum tane oi, Afnar sara ar khewre tarif khortamnay kuno sheme zesatar lagi!

Upon awakening

ENGLISH
3-Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him.:)

BENGALI
Laak Laak Shukrya Allahr lagi ze amda shokholre zibon thisen and zer gese amrar mowt oya zaymu Qyamater dhin'o!

Is that allright sis? :embarrass

:wasalamex

chacha_jalebi
07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
lol sister there is bare duas, but we should read them in arabic, cos RasoolAllah (saw) read them in arabic, the only reason for translatin em is so we can understand what we is sayin :D

so i think its best if people just post up duas :D in arabic & write d meanin in english!!! wot ya tink :D

now lemme post sum duas :p

Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa'ilayhin-nushoor.
(Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return)

this is in bukhari and its a dua for wakin up :D

and when ya sleepin read Surah Ikhlaas & Falaq & Nas, :D

MUNIRAH
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
Asalama Alaikum..:)

Dua taught to a new muslim

Upon awakening

S/c/w

OOOOOOOOOok let me try.........
1) Rabi ighfirli war hamni wahdini wajburni.
3)Alhamdulilahi Ladii Ahyaanaa bacda maa amaatanaa wailayhi nushuur:)

I got those two right??

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
OOOOOOOOOok let me try.........
1) Rabi ighfirli war hamni wahdini wajburni.
3)Alhamdulilahi Ladii Ahyaanaa bacda maa amaatanaa wailayhi nushuur:)

I got those two right??
thats the first n last one right? What about the middle one?

chacha_jalebi
07-07-2006, 10:52 PM
this is d second 1 :D

Allahumma lakash sharafu ala kull li shara few walakal hamdu ala kull-li haalin

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
this is d second 1 :D

Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin
would giv reps but i been too generous lol

chacha_jalebi
07-07-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
would giv reps but i been too generous lol
genorisity is a good thin :D :p

Umm___
07-07-2006, 11:09 PM
:sl:

Here is a good du'a:

Narrated by Shaddad Bin Aus (MABPWH)

The Prophet said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is:

Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta. Anta khalaqtani wa ana 'abduka, wa ana ala' 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastatu'tu. A'udhu bika min sharri ma sanatu, abu'u laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhinbi faghfirli fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa Anta.

O Allah. you are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed on me, and I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sons except You.

The Prophet (PBUH) added: If someone recites this during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on that same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of paradise (Sahiih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no.318)

Repentance dua
Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua.

Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-u ilayhaa abada.

Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

:w:

MUNIRAH
07-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Asalama Alaaikum.

Here is a Du'a that truely helps me with difficult situations like when I am takin an exam or somethin:sister:
"Alahuma La Sahla Ila maaja A'ltuhu sahla. Wa anta taja'lu al huzna idaa shi'ta sahlan"

"O Allah there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please You ease sorrow"

This Du'a really worked 4 me so many times..Alhamdulilah I hope it works for u guys InshaAllah.:)

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 08:07 AM
JazakAllah for the great duas so far.. :brother: i am still learning and i find it hard to memorise them in arabic.

samiya_06
07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
aslama alaykum brothers and sister
i will try this one insha Allah

Dua Before studying
Allahumma infa'nii Bimaa' Allamtanii wa' allimnii maa yanfa'uunii.
Allahumma inii as'aluka famal-nabiyyen wa hifzal nursaleen AL-muqarrabeen. Allahumma Ijal leesanee 'aiman bu dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. innaka ' ala ma-tasha'u Qadeer wa anta hasbun-Allahu wa na 'mal wakeel.

"OH ALLAH! MAKE USEFUL FOE ME WHAT YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME AND TEACH ME KNOWNLGE THAT WILL BE USEFUL TO ME. OH ALLAH! I ASK YOU FOR THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROPHETS AND THE MEMORY OF HTE MESSENGERS, AND THOSE NEAREST TO YOU. OH ALLAH! MAKE MY TONGUE FULL OF YOUR REMEMBRANCE AND MY HEART WITH CONSCIOUSENESS OF YOU. OH ALLAH!YOU DO WHAT EVER YOU WISH , AND YOU ARE MY AVAILER AND PROTECTOR AND BEST OF AID."
BROTHER AND SISTER FORGIVE ME IF I MAKE A MISTAKE
AS/C

MUNIRAH
07-11-2006, 04:15 AM
A/s/c

Thanks sister...my Allah bless yah.

Nidita
07-20-2006, 07:57 AM

I like this du'a very much : This du'a is to ask (istekhra)guidance from ALLAAH !

" O' my 'il&#227;h I ask your guidance due to your knowledge, and I ask your help due to your ability. For You are able and I'm not able, You know and I don't Know, and You are the one that knows the hidden matters. O' my 'il&#227;h if You know that this affair -and you name it by its name- is better for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then decree it for me, make it easy for me, and bestow blessings for me in it; and if You know that this affair is bad for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it; and decree for me the good where ever it is, and then content me with it. " {Source : Book 3. Authentic Supplications of the Prophet. Hadith 123 } .

JazakhAllahukhaeran !

Hope that u all are benefited by this supplication, INSHA-ALLAAH !

Taqiyah
07-21-2006, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nidita

I like this du'a very much : This du'a is to ask (istekhra)guidance from ALLAAH !

" O' my 'ilãh I ask your guidance due to your knowledge, and I ask your help due to your ability. For You are able and I'm not able, You know and I don't Know, and You are the one that knows the hidden matters. O' my 'ilãh if You know that this affair -and you name it by its name- is better for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then decree it for me, make it easy for me, and bestow blessings for me in it; and if You know that this affair is bad for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it; and decree for me the good where ever it is, and then content me with it. " {Source : Book 3. Authentic Supplications of the Prophet. Hadith 123 } .

JazakhAllahukhaeran !

MashaAllah sister....thankx very deeply....:sister:..I think it is called Dua Ul-Istikharah........right?

Taqiyah
07-21-2006, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nidita

" O' my 'ilãh I ask your guidance due to your knowledge, and I ask your help due to your ability. For You are able and I'm not able, You know and I don't Know, and You are the one that knows the hidden matters. O' my 'ilãh if You know that this affair -and you name it by its name- is better for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then decree it for me, make it easy for me, and bestow blessings for me in it; and if You know that this affair is bad for me in my faith, my livelihood, the aftermath of my affair, its short term, and its long term, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it; and decree for me the good where ever it is, and then content me with it. " {Source : Book 3. Authentic Supplications of the Prophet. Hadith 123 } .

JazakhAllahukhaeran !

MashaAllah sister....thankx very deeply....:sister:..I think it is called Dua Ul-Istikharah........right? u know the one u read when u r decidin btw 2 things:)

Nidita
07-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes my sis, exactly that ! It's help me very much . And I trust that, it's help all of us very very much..........

And I have another beautiful du'a (inshaAllaah) . That is :

" O Allaah, please give me your blessings and turn me away from the HELL FIRE and decree JANNAH for me, decree for me the good where ever it is, and then content me with it . "

JAZAKH ALLAHUKHAERAN !

Hijaabi22
07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Can any1 tell me wat duas U can read before u start DRIVING? Im a new driver and am still bit scared :-/

Kittygyal
07-22-2006, 02:16 PM
can someone please give me a english one that i can read as i am very ill and plz :cry: :cry:

Nidita
07-22-2006, 04:34 PM

For sis-------------,

Sorry sis, I don't know any du'a to read before start, driving...........

But, I have two du'as which can hep u also vry mch on ur driving inshaAllaah, I think !

Those r :

{By book :3. Authentic supplications of the prophet }

1. 003 : 055 : Upon going out of the home
" 'Allahumma innee 'a`outhu bika 'an 'adhilla 'aw 'udhalla, 'aw 'azilla 'aw 'uzalla, 'aw 'athlima 'au 'uthlama, 'aw 'ajhala 'aw gujhala 'alayya "
Meaning : " O' my 'Ila~h I solicit protection in u lest I go astray or that I be led astray, that i drift or that I be caused to drift, that I commit injustice or that I be subject to injustice, that I act in ignorance or that I be acted upon in ignorance. " (78)

2. 003 : 190 : When going on a journey
" 'Astawdi`ukumul-la~ha 'allathee la~ tadhee`u wada~'i`uhu "
Meaning : " I entrust u unto Allaah, Whose trusts r not lost. " (203)

I wish that my help will work on u the best inshaAllaah !

And, like a advise : Don't be scared or afraid on something without ALLAAH, bcoz u r a muslim inshaAllaah and Allaah will help and care and be with the muslims all the time inshaAllaah, that's Allaah's promise ! It's vry mch important to knowledge for all of us !

And sis-Islamgyal, sorry I can't understood u !

" JazakhAllaahukhaeran "

Hijaabi22
07-22-2006, 05:22 PM
aww thanks sis^^

Umm___
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
can someone please give me a english one that i can read as i am very ill and plz :cry: :cry:

:sl: :sister:

Have sabr sis and inshaAllah ur sins will be removed:rose:

U asked for a dua, so here u go:

A’oodhu Bi ‘Izzatillaahi Wa Qudratihi Min Sharri Maa Ajidu Wa Uhaadhir.
I seek refuge in the honour and power of Allah (SWT) from the mischief of the pain which I feel and fear.
Note: Place the right hand on the affected area, say Bismillah three times and then say this Du’aa seven times.

“If Allah touches you with affliction, none can remove it but He; if He touches you with happiness, He hath power over all things.” (Surah 6, al-An’aam, Verse 17)

A man said, ‘I visited Allah’s Apostle (SAW) while he was suffering from a high fever. I touched him with my hand and said, “O Allah's Apostle! You have a high fever.” Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said, “Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you have.” I said, “Is it because you will get a double reward?” Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, “Yes, no Muslim is afflicted with harm because of sickness or some other inconvenience, but that Allah will remove his sins for him as a tree sheds its leaves.”’ (Bukhari)

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Whenever a Muslim is afflicted with a hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm or depression -even a thorn’s prick, Allah expiates his sins because of it.” (Agreed Upon – i.e. Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (SAW) said, “Expect good, because Allah (SWT) makes a believer’s sickness an expiation (for his sins) and a period of repose. As for a disbeliever falling sick, he is like a camel whose owner ties it and then lets it loose - it does not understand why it was tied, nor why it was freed.” (Bukhari)

Kittygyal
07-22-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Omar18
:sl: :sister:

Have sabr sis and inshaAllah ur sins will be removed:rose:

U asked for a dua, so here u go:

A’oodhu Bi ‘Izzatillaahi Wa Qudratihi Min Sharri Maa Ajidu Wa Uhaadhir.
I seek refuge in the honour and power of Allah (SWT) from the mischief of the pain which I feel and fear.
Note: Place the right hand on the affected area, say Bismillah three times and then say this Du’aa seven times.

“If Allah touches you with affliction, none can remove it but He; if He touches you with happiness, He hath power over all things.” (Surah 6, al-An’aam, Verse 17)

A man said, ‘I visited Allah’s Apostle (SAW) while he was suffering from a high fever. I touched him with my hand and said, “O Allah's Apostle! You have a high fever.” Allah’s Apostle (SAW) said, “Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you have.” I said, “Is it because you will get a double reward?” Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, “Yes, no Muslim is afflicted with harm because of sickness or some other inconvenience, but that Allah will remove his sins for him as a tree sheds its leaves.”’ (Bukhari)

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Whenever a Muslim is afflicted with a hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm or depression -even a thorn’s prick, Allah expiates his sins because of it.” (Agreed Upon – i.e. Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet (SAW) said, “Expect good, because Allah (SWT) makes a believer’s sickness an expiation (for his sins) and a period of repose. As for a disbeliever falling sick, he is like a camel whose owner ties it and then lets it loose - it does not understand why it was tied, nor why it was freed.” (Bukhari)

thanks sis ever so much :wub:

Nidita
07-25-2006, 09:21 AM

Is any body there ?????????

MuSe
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
As Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

ask for Allah's protection for children:

"Oe'ieedzoekoema biekaliemaatie lleehie ttaammeetie mien koellie shaytaanien wa haamah, wa mien koellie 'aynien laammah"

I seek refuge in the Perfect words of Allah against every Shaytaan and every harmful vermin and against every jealous and condemning eye.

MuSe
07-25-2006, 01:16 PM

dua for when you sneeze:

When someone sneezes, this person needs to say:

"Al-h'amdoelilleeh (all praise be to Allah)"

Someone who hears another say this, has to say to him:

"Yarh'amoeka llaah (May Allah have mercy on you)"

When this is said to you, you answer to this person:

"Yahdiekoemoe llaahoe wa yoeslieh'oe baalakoem (May Allah lead you and adjust your cases)"

Taqiyah
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuSe

dua for when you sneeze:

When someone sneezes, this person needs to say:

"Al-h'amdoelilleeh (all praise be to Allah)"

Someone who hears another say this, has to say to him:

"Yarh'amoeka llaah (May Allah have mercy on you)"

When this is said to you, you answer to this person:

"Yahdiekoemoe llaahoe wa yoeslieh'oe baalakoem (May Allah lead you and adjust your cases)"

waalaykum Asalaam bro.

what about if u sneez n u say Alhamdulilah then a non-muslim says to u (bless u) what r u gonna say to them....."]"Yahdiekoemoe llaahoe wa yoeslieh'oe baalakoem (May Allah lead you and adjust your cases)" should u say that to him/her:? :? :?

MuSe
07-25-2006, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
waalaykum Asalaam bro.

what about if u sneez n u say Alhamdulilah then a non-muslim says to u (bless u) what r u gonna say to them....."]"Yahdiekoemoe llaahoe wa yoeslieh'oe baalakoem (May Allah lead you and adjust your cases)" should u say that to him/her:? :? :?
wa'alaykum assalaam sister,

I'm sorry to say, but I don't know the exact answer to your question. I only know that when a non-muslim sneezes and praises Allah, the muslim has to say "May Allah lead you and adjust your understanding".

"Bless you" is not really praising Allah of course :)

Nidita
07-26-2006, 02:58 PM

Ok then, wat's da nxt question ???

My nxt wrd is........

NOWKA ! ! !

sameer
07-26-2006, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Sorry, i knows it kinda late but i've now began to read this thread.
Dua for the sick

Azhibil ba'sa rabban naas
washfi Antash shaafee
Laa shifaa-a illaa shifaa-uka.
Shifaa-al laa yughaa diru saqamaa

O Allah, Lord and Sustainer of mankind,
remove his difficulty and cure him.
You are the only One who cures. There is no cure but Yours.
Grant such (complete) cure that leaves no trace of illness.
(Bukhaari and Muslim)

You can make this dua for ure self or anyone else who is sick. Just say the dua and blow into ure hands and pass it over the person (or ure self) in a downward motion.

Offcourse sura Fatiah is a Dua of healing also.

Hope u are feeling better :)

sameer
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
Can any1 tell me wat duas U can read before u start DRIVING? Im a new driver and am still bit scared :-/
Assalamu Alikum,

I dont know any dua for driving but heres the Dua for leaving home.
I always use it when i leave home driving. :)

Bismillahi tawakaltu 'Al-allahi
wa la howla, wa la quuwata
illa billa

In the name of Allaah, I place my trust in Allaah, and there is no might nor power except with Allaah.

Also these duas can be said anytime....not only when leaving home.:)

sameer
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
here is a site where u can find many daily duas

http://www.makedua.com/

Nidita
07-29-2006, 09:27 AM

OH ! Jazakh Allaahukhaeran, bro !

That site will help me vry mch InshaAllaah !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.