/* */

PDA

View Full Version : death

unknown_JJ
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Assalam Alaikum brothers and sisters,

Death is a fact that not even the kafir (disbelievers) can deny. It is inevitable and we must face it one day followed by the questioning in the grave and then qayamat (day of judgement), and this belief is a core part of our faith.

Even though death can occur at any point in time, lets assume that one lives to the life expectancy of 75.

A 25 year old thinks I have another 50 years and therefore forgets about his death and the hereafter. He/she gets involved in the worldly affairs trying to earn more and more money for his family, popularity amongst his friends and wants to enjoy life. He/she would say that life is short and we must enjoy it. What about the hereafter in janat (heaven) or the jahanam (hell) which lasts forever and compared to that this life is merely a few moments. Just take a look back and you will realise that your past is only but a few moments.

He/she continues in the same fashion with great love of this life after making themselves a fortune of money, love of family and friends and an enjoyable life. Before long they are now 65 and weak. Their friends & family abandon them since they have learned from him that life is to earn money and enjoy. He/she can already start counting the number of days in fear to the day where there eyes will shut and whatever they had is left behind and all their deeds (good & bad) are taken with them. Just imagine yourself in this situation and ask yourself what would you like to take with you at this point. Go into a mosque and take a look around, do you see young people or old?

This leads to people being afraid of death as they have finally realised that they have not prepared for it. The day of judgement will be a long one and Allah will bring the smallest of your good and bad deeds in front of you. An ageing billionaire recently said to a very popular aalim I would like to die, I just dont like anything anymore and I would like you to help me for my next life. Similarly each one of us will eventually realise. The sooner we realise the more good deeds we can take forward with us to go to janat and avoid the jahanam.

May Allah subhana tala give us all the hidayat (guidance). Ameen.

Jazak Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.