/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The beautiful Quran causes polytheists to fall down in prostration

al-fateh
06-29-2006, 04:09 PM
The beautiful Quran causes polytheists to fall down in prostration
In Ramadan of the fifth year of prophethood, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) went into the Holy Sanctuary where there was a large host of Quraish polytheists, including some notables and celebrities. Suddenly he began reciting Sûrah An-Najm (Chapter 53 — The Star). The awe-inspiring Words of Allâh descended unawares upon them and they immediately got stunned by them. It was the first time for them to be shocked by the truthful Revelation. It had formerly been the favourite trick of those people who wished to dishonour Revelation, not only not to listen to it themselves but also to talk loudly and insolently when it was being read, so that even the true listeners may not be able to hear. They used to think that they were drowning the Voice of Allâh; in fact, they were piling up misery for themselves, for Allâh's Voice can never be silenced, "And those who disbelieve say:

"Listen not to this Qur'ân, and make noise in the midst of its (recitation) that you may overcome." [41:26].

When the unspeakably fascinating Words of Allâh came into direct contact with their hearts, they were entranced and got oblivious of the materialistic world around them and were caught in a state of full attentiveness to the Divine Words to such an extent that when the Prophet (Peace be upon him) reached the stormy heart-beating ending:

"So fall you down in prostration to Allâh and worship Him (Alone)." [53:62]

The idolaters, unconsciously and with full compliance, prostrated themselves in absolute god-fearing and stainless devotion. It was in fact the wonderful moment of the Truth that cleaved through the obdurate souls of the haughty and the attitude of the scoffers. They stood aghast when they perceived that Allâh's Words had conquered their hearts and done the same thing that they had been trying hard to annihilate and exterminate. Their co-polytheists who had not been present on the scene reproached and blamed them severely; consequently they began to fabricate lies and calumniate the Prophet (Peace be upon him) alleging that he had attached to their idols great veneration and ascribed to them the power of desirable intercession.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Best Read in some Time, good news too, thanks for the article and providing a source too.

Umar001
07-01-2006, 07:53 PM
I read a description of this in the book, When The Moon Split, and so I have fallen in love with that Surah, Thought I dont think its surah 41 will check inshallah

Umar001
07-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I thought not, fusillat is 41.

An Najm is 53

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
07-01-2006, 07:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

cool jazakhala :)

Alhamdhulillah!

seek.learn
07-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Salaam o alaikum,

JazakAllah u khairun for sharing this. SubhaanAllah!

May Allah(SWT) forgive us all and guide us. May we act upon our claims. Aameen.

JazakAllah again.

Alaikum Salaam

Ummu Amatullah
07-01-2006, 08:17 PM
:salamext:

Masha'Allah the Quran truly is the wording of Allah(S.W.T).That's why muslims are urged to approach the Quran with open minds and to ponder over it's meaning.Walahi have you guys ever tried to sit in a room all by yourselves and to read the Quran and to study it's meaning and it's teachings?Subhana'allah walahi it's as if it's talking to you,and you just fall in love with it in the first 15 minutes you read it.The Quran is a book,a miracle,and a medicine to the hearts and souls.Only if we muslims knew the benefits and the blessings in this deen walahi.Have you guys ever asked your selves why some people convert to Islam?What is it that attracts them to Islam?when they hear all these negative things about Islam?Because those people when they deeply looked into Islam they realized the blessing in Islam,they realized the beauty of it,it's a way of life,and what really amazes me is that this way of life goes for any people living at any time or period,and the other thing I'm astonished at is that Islam always has a system or law for everything,and when you look at it's rules and regulations they're only for the better of humanity.Like when Islam commands that the thieves hands should be cut off if he or she steals.Let's take Somalia for example: After the Shari'a courts were established and after the Shari'a was put in practice in some parts of Somalia adultery,stealing,and crimes were lessened.Before Islam was introduced into Somalia a guy could just walk up to you shoot you,search you,then as soon as he sees that you've nothing with you he'll say,"Sorry I thought you had something with you."You're on the ground bleeding your life out and here's a man apologizing to you saying he thought you had something:mad:,but after the Shari'a was implemented the thief that did that,their hands were cut off.After one theif saw that another theives hands were cut off he didn't even think of stealing,because he knew the punishment.So not only was theft lessened,but the people were safe.I know some of you guys mayn't agree with this ruling of Islam,but think of Human logic.If there's not something to stop you such as punishment then you would steal continue the crime,but in Islam there's a punishment it's not,"Okay you're going to go to jail."That doesn't really scare any one off,but if you threaten them with something that they know will hurt,then I'm sure they will take that thing serious.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.