/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The next prophet.

Joe98
06-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Theorise:

God sees the bad things happening on the earth. Tomorrow he sends another prophet.

What proof would Muslims require that the new prophet is really the latest prophet?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
no new prophet is coming-cos' the last one came already-1427 years ago.

06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
It's kinda obvious - the prophet told us that he's the last prophet (the seal of the prophets). And that the Quran is the last and final word of God.

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
there's no need for another prophet since we still have the final unaltered word of God in it's original form.

God would send a new prophet when the revelation/message from the previous prophet had been distorted/changed/lost.
but that isn't the case now-cos' God promised He'd preserve the last message and He has.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Theorise:

God sees the bad things happening on the earth. Tomorrow he sends another prophet.

What proof would Muslims require that the new prophet is really the latest prophet?
That is a moot question, as We have already been told Mohammad(saw) was the final Prophet, there can not be a new prophet.

glo
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That is a moot question, as We have already been told Mohammad(saw) was the final Prophet, there can not be a new prophet.
Muhammed's claim to be the last prophet of God is one of the things that really makes me suspicious about Islam.
It adds to my 'it's-all-a-bit-too-convenient' feeling.

I mean, let's just assume I wanted to start a new religion. My followers are starting to grow in numbers, my own power and influence grows.
But people are gullible ... how do I prevent them from following the next guy that comes along with the next idea? How about I state that I am the last prophet, and nobody else will come after me! Very clever, very slick ...

The more I hear about the claims and proofs of Islam, the more I think it's a very cleverly devised scheme. :mmokay:
I just cannot believe it to be anything else. :-\

peace. :)

j4763
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Aint Jesus coming back to earth some day to save us all? Dont muslims believe this too?

If this is the case then Jesus will be the next one wont he?

06-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Yep he is coming back, but he's not the last prophet coz he came to the world b4.

Woodrow
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Aint Jesus coming back to earth some day to save us all? Dont muslims believe this too?

One major difference. Jesus(PBUH) already is a Prophet and accepted as a Prophet. He will not be a new PROPHET.

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
hey glo-remember what Jesus (P) said about the comforter?
1-he will confirm me (ie jesus)
2-what he brings will not be from himself-but from God
3-he will explain all things in detail
4-what he brings will remain with you (talhing to disciples) forever
(i'm not sure they are in order..)

the quran confirms jesus (P) in a chapter titled 'mary' after his mother
the quran is revelation from GOd
the quran is called the criterion (al-furqan) and explains issues of fiqh etc)
the quran is the only revelation that has not been changed in any way-(not even a single letter) since it was revealed.

as for the bible and the 'trinity' -the trinity concept was developed after Jesus' time-it was not part of the original teachings..
go ask any scholar who's researched the history of the beg.s of the bible etc and paul's conversion...

(this isn't meant to offend in any way..)

peace

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
One major difference. Jesus(PBUH) already is a Prophet and accepted as a Prophet. He will not be a new PROPHET.
and he will not bring anew religion but will follow the religion of MUhammad (P)

j4763
06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Is it said then in the quran that there will be no "new" prophets after mohammed or just no prophets and he is the last one?

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
the quran says that prophet Jesus will return in the end times cos according to islam he isn't dead and since 'every soul must taste death' he is gonna come back and die on earth...

glo
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya1
hey glo-remember what Jesus (P) said about the comforter?
1-he will confirm me (ie jesus)
2-what he brings will not be from himself-but from God
3-he will explain all things in detail
4-what he brings will remain with you (talhing to disciples) forever
(i'm not sure they are in order..)

the quran confirms jesus (P) in a chapter titled 'mary' after his mother
the quran is revelation from GOd
the quran is called the criterion (al-furqan) and explains issues of fiqh etc)
the quran is the only revelation that has not been changed in any way-(not even a single letter) since it was revealed.

as for the bible and the 'trinity' -the trinity concept was developed after Jesus' time-it was not part of the original teachings..
go ask any scholar who's researched the history of the beg.s of the bible etc and paul's conversion...

(this isn't meant to offend in any way..)

peace
Hi Marya

I'm not offended ... just wondering how your reply is related to my previous post? :?

Peace.

Malaikah
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I mean, let's just assume I wanted to start a new religion. My followers are starting to grow in numbers, my own power and influence grows.
But people are gullible ... how do I prevent them from following the next guy that comes along with the next idea? How about I state that I am the last prophet, and nobody else will come after me! Very clever, very slick ...
Hi Glo:)

Youre forgetting something though- people didnt follow Muhammad pbuh becuase he told them he was the last messenger. They followed him because they saw the truth in what he had to say. They believed in him.

Either way, there has to be last prophet doesnt there? God cant just keep sending them down, eventually one of them would have to be the last. And it happened to be Muhammad pbuh.

The truth is there were others who claimed to be prophets even during the prophets time, but everyone saw the falsehood in them. For example, on of them was a great people, and when ever he would hear that a verse was revealed to the prophet Muhammad pbuh he would make up a similiar verse and pretend that he was given this from God, however his attempts to produce something of its standard failed miserable, even though he was a great poet. He even had a follower who said that he knew that Muhammad had the truth and that the false prophet was a liar, but he prefered the false prophet because he would rather follow someone from his own tribe.

Hope that makes sense. :)

SirZubair
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM

When Isa/jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) returns,he will NOT return as a prophet :)

He will return as a Follower of Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Is it said then in the quran that there will be no "new" prophets after mohammed or just no prophets and he is the last one?
Yes, but he will rule by the shari'ah of Nabi Muhammad (SAW). He will act as a ruler, not a Prophet. So he (AS) will not bring a new message, or any new laws. But will just enforce the current law of Muslims.
-Peace

Woodrow
06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Muhammed's claim to be the last prophet of God is one of the things that really makes me suspicious about Islam.

The more I hear about the claims and proofs of Islam, the more I think it's a very cleverly devised scheme. :mmokay:

Now you are bringing up some very good points. I can only answer these based on my own views and please do not consider these to be the views of all Muslims.

One thing that keeps me from accepting those thoughts as being likely, is because Islam is not a profit making organization. There is no hidden agenda and no central church authority.

I have never seen any proof that Muhammad(saw) felt that he started a religion. Mohammad(saw) did not seek to have anyone follow him. He only desired for people to follow the word of God(swt). Islam is not established with any ordained clergy, nor with any central earthly power. No body gains by the fact Mohammad (saw) was the last Prophet. In the same manner there is no central organization that will loose if Mohammad(saw) were not the final prophet. Islam is not set up as a religious conglomerate or corporation. In fact Islam is probably the worlds worse example of what a business should be organized as.

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
There have been a lot of people claiming to be prophets and said they are the last prophet why do you believe Mohammad rather than the rest of them?
Most people just follow the faith of their parents or the country, culture they where brought up in without thinking about it.

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yoke
There have been a lot of people claiming to be prophets and said they are the last prophet why do you believe Mohammad rather than the rest of them?
Most people just follow the faith of their parents or the country, culture they where brought up in without thinking about it.
answer ur own question by reading what's in the quran..?

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I have read bits of the Quran it does not answer my questions. If it does then show me.

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:15 PM
I have read bits of the Quran it does not answer my questions. If it does then show me.
i meant if yoy read it God-wiling you will find that it is the true revelation from God, once you believ that then everything else in it must be true too Cos God doesn't lie-He's God

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
I have read it and i have found it is not a revelation from god. Why should anybody just believe?

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:20 PM
I have read it and i have found it is not a revelation from god. Why should anybody just believe?
not just believe but what about the fact that no living person in history has ever been able to produce something like it?
there are no contradictions or mistakes and so how can it be man-made?
if it isn't man-made and is beyond human capability then it must be divine.

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:24 PM
There are lots of religious writings in the world that are like it.
If i show you a contradiction in it are you willing to admit that your faith is wrong?

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
There are lots of religious writings in the world that are like it.
If i show you a contradiction in it are you willing to admit that your faith is wrong?
sorry-but there aren't any contradictions in it dear.

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
here is one for you

Which was created first, heaven or earth? Heaven Earth
79:27-30
Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; And He made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof. And after that He spread the earth.... 2:29
He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens.

41:9-12
Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days ... Then turned He to the heaven ... Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days ....

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:36 PM
where's the contradiction Yoke?
i think you have misunderstood the verses..

Abdul Fattah
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Note that there are three difrent posible meanings here
Heaven could mean "universe";
Heaven can also mean atmosphere;
And it can mean the heaven of teh afterlife.
I don't know arabic so I can't tell you which verse refers to which. Maybe someone else here could.

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
79:27 What! Are ye the more difficult to create or the heaven (above)? (Allah) hath constructed it:
Aantum ashaddu khalqan ami alssamaobanaha

79:28 On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath given it order and perfection.
RafaAAa samkaha fasawwaha

79:29 Its night doth He endow with darkness, and its splendour doth He bring out (with light).
Waaghtasha laylaha waakhraja duhaha

79:30 And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse);
Waal-arda baAAda thalikadahaha

2:29 It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Moreover His design comprehended the heavens, for He gave order and perfection to the seven firmaments; and of all things He hath perfect knowledge.
Huwa allathee khalaqa lakum mafee al-ardi jameeAAan thumma istawa ila alssama-ifasawwahunna sabAAa samawatin wahuwa bikullishay-in AAaleemun
41:9 Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.
Qul a-innakum latakfuroona biallatheekhalaqa al-arda fee yawmayni watajAAaloona lahu andadanthalika rabbu alAAalameena

41:10 He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measure therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four Days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (Sustenance).
WajaAAala feeha rawasiya minfawqiha wabaraka feeha waqaddara feehaaqwataha fee arbaAAati ayyamin sawaanlilssa-ileena

41:11 Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."
Thumma istawa ila alssama-iwahiya dukhanun faqala laha walil-ardii/tiya tawAAan aw karhan qalata ataynata-iAAeena

41:12 So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.
Faqadahunna sabAAa samawatinfee yawmayni waawha fee kulli sama-in amrahawazayyanna alssamaa alddunyabimasabeeha wahifthan thalikataqdeeru alAAazeezi alAAaleemi

yoke
06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Well i have nothing else to say a 10 year old child could see that it is a plain contradiction. As i have said before most religious people are not interested in truth.

AvarAllahNoor
06-30-2006, 01:49 PM

That's why the refuse to believe Guru Nanak was a prophet.

Not sure where the Christians stand on this matter - Wanna enlighten moi? :)

Although i do have a clip from a Christian priest who gives a talk on the similarities between Sikhism and Christianity!

I'll find it and post it you want!

IceQueen~
06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Well i have nothing else to say a 10 year old child could see that it is a plain contradiction. As i have said before most religious people are not interested in truth.
erm -did you read my post of the verses?!
if u refuse to see, well erm...

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-30-2006, 01:59 PM
What made you come to this conclusion?

SirZubair
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Yoke,it takes more than reading 2 verses of the Quran in the English translation to make a person understand the Quran.

I suggest you spend more time doing your research,rather than waste your time. :)

SirZubair
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
An ape told him..... :?

scentsofjannah
06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
here is one for you

Which was created first, heaven or earth? Heaven Earth
79:27-30
Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; And He made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof. And after that He spread the earth.... 2:29
He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens.

41:9-12
Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days ... Then turned He to the heaven ... Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days ....

HEAVENS AND EARTH CREATED IN SIX DAYS AND NOT EIGHT DAYS

Question:

The Qur’an mentions in several places that the heavens and the earth were created in 6 days but in Surah Fussilat it says that the heavens and the earth were created in 8 days. Isn’t this a contradiction? The same verse also says that the earth was created in 6 days and then later on the heavens were created in 2 days. This is against the Big-Bang theory that the heavens and the earth were created simultaneously.

Answer:

1. Heavens and the Earth created in Six days

I do agree that the Qur’an says that the heavens and the earth were created in 6 days i.e. 6 epochs and it is mentioned in

Surah Al A’raf chapter 7 verse 54
Surah Yunus chapter 10 verse 3
Surah Hud chapter 11 verse 7
Surah Al Furqan chapter 25 verse 59
Surah Al Sajdah chapter 32 verse 4
Surah Qaf chapter 50 verse 38
Surah Al Hadid chapter 57 verse 4

The verses of the Qur’an which according to you say that the heavens and the earth were created in 8 days are Surah Fussilat chapter 41 verses 9 to 12

"Say: Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two days? And do ye join equals With him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds;

He set on the (earth) mountains standing firm, High above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, In four days, in accordance with (the needs of) Those who seek (sustenance)."

Moreover, He Comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke. He said to it and to the earth. "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly. They said: "We do come (Together), in willing obedience."

So He completed them as seven firmaments in two days and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command and We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the decree of (Him) the exalted in might, full of knowledge."
[Al-Qur’an 41:9-12]

On the face of it, it seems that these verses of the Qur’an give the initial impression that the heavens and the earth were created in 8 days.

Allah says in the beginning of this verse that those who exploit this information contained in this passage to raise doubts about its authenticity are equally interested in promulgating blasphemy and denying His unity. Allah is telling us that in course of time, there will emerge unbelievers who will make use of this apparent contradiction.

2. Summa means moreover

If you analyse these verses carefully, it speaks about 2 different creations: the earth and the heaven. The earth excluding the mountains was created in 2 days and the mountains were set on the earth standing firm and blessed and measured its sustenance in 4 days. Therefore the earth along with the mountains was created in 6 days according to verse 9 and 10. Verse 11 and 12 says, moreover the heavens were created in 2 days. The Arabic word used in the beginning of verse 11 of Surah Fussilat is summa which means; ‘then’ or ‘moreover’. There are certain Qur’anic translations, which have, used ‘then’ for the word summa which, indicates ‘afterwards’. If ‘then’ is wrongly used for summa then the total of the creation of heaven and earth will be 8 days which will conflict with other verses of the Qur’an which says heavens and earth were created in 6 days and will also conflict with the Big Bang Theory as well as the verse of the Qur’an Surah Al Ambiya chapter 21 verse 30 which says that heavens and the earth were created simultaneously.

Therefore the correct translation of the word summa in this verse would be ‘moreover’. Abdullah Yusuf Ali has rightly translated the word summa or moreover which clearly gives an indication that while the earth along with the mountains, etc. was created in 6 days simultaneously the heavens were created in 2 days. Therefore the total does not come to 8 days but 6 days.

If a builder says that he will construct a 10 storey building and surrounding compound wall in 6 months and after completion of his project he gives a more detailed account saying that the basement of the building was built in 2 months and the 10 storeys took 4 months and simultaneously, while the basement and the building was being constructed, he also constructed the surrounding of the building along with the compound wall which took 2 months. Therefore both his first and second descriptions are not contradicting but the second statement gives a more detailed account for the construction.

3. Heavens and the Earth created simultaneously

The Qur’an describe the creation of the universe in several places, sometimes it says the heavens and the earth (7:54, 10:3, 11:7, 25:59, 32:4, 50:38, 57:4) while in other places it says earth and the heaven (49:9-12, 2:29, 20:4) thus further supplementing the verse of Surah Al Ambiya chapter 21 verse 30 which speaks about the Big-Bang and that the heavens and the earth were created simultaneously.

Similarly in Surah Al-Baqara chapter 2 verse 29

"It is He Who hath created for you all things that are on earth; Then He turned to the heaven and made them into seven firmaments. And of all things He hath perfect knowledge."
[Al-Qur’an 2:29]

"It is who has created for you all things on the earth summa simultaneously made the heaven into seven firmaments".

Here also if you wrongly translate summa as ‘then’ only then would this verse contradict the Big-bang theory and other verses of the Qur’an. Therefore the correct translation of the word summa is ‘moreover’

Dr Zakir Naik http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

glo
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi AvarAllahNoor
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Not sure where the Christians stand on this matter - Wanna enlighten moi? :)
To my knowledge the Bible does not specifically say that they will be no other prophets.

But for Christians Jesus came to earth, died and overcame death with his resurrection to mark the beginning of God's new convenant with his people. Also God's Spirit remains with his people, as the spirit and counsellor Jesus spoke about before his death.
If you believe that God went to such an extreme to rekindle his relationship with us humans, it seems highly implausable that he would then send another prophet later ... especially if the teachings of that prophet goes against the teachings of God himself.

Of course, this is me speaking as a Christian, and others here will not share my view. :)

Although i do have a clip from a Christian priest who gives a talk on the similarities between Sikhism and Christianity!

I'll find it and post it you want!
I must admit that I know very little about Sikhism and nothing about Guru Nanak. I look forward to your link, if you find it!

Thanks. :thankyou:

glo
06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I have never seen any proof that Muhammad(saw) felt that he started a religion. Mohammad(saw) did not seek to have anyone follow him. He only desired for people to follow the word of God(swt). Islam is not established with any ordained clergy, nor with any central earthly power. No body gains by the fact Mohammad (saw) was the last Prophet. In the same manner there is no central organization that will loose if Mohammad(saw) were not the final prophet. Islam is not set up as a religious conglomerate or corporation. In fact Islam is probably the worlds worse example of what a business should be organized as.
Thank you Woodrow.
I take your point that Muhammed did not felt that he had started a religion. Although I believe he had a desire for a revelation from God for the descendants of Ishmael.

I also agree that Islam is not a religious power with wealth and riches as the Christian church has been in the past. But Islam has always associated itself with political power.
This is even evident in this forum where there are often calls for secular governments to come under Islamic law.
Am I totally wrong?

Nice talking - as always. :)

Peace.

aamirsaab
06-30-2006, 02:53 PM
:sl:
2 things
1: how many 10 year olds know what contradiction means and how many even know how to spell it.
2: you keep saying that last sentence but don't really back it up with anything.

Woodrow
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Thank you Woodrow.
I take your point that Muhammed did not felt that he had started a religion. Although I believe he had a desire for a revelation from God for the descendants of Ishmael.

I would carry that one step further. The Qur'an within it's pages states it is for all of mankind.

I also agree that Islam is not a religious power with wealth and riches as the Christian church has been in the past. But Islam has always associated itself with political power.
This is even evident in this forum where there are often calls for secular governments to come under Islamic law.
Am I totally wrong?

Is that not also what Christians desire. In the Lord's Prayer do Christians not pray: "Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven."?

Nice talking - as always. :)

Peace.
And Peace be with you Glo,

yoke
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Because it is no different than any other religious rantings

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Having written 46 refutations on alleged contradictions in the Qur'an, I can challenge anyone to bring one that has even a remotely coherent basis. The one mentioned about the chronological order of the creation of heavens and earth has been debunked here:
http://www.load-islam.com/C/rebuttal..._or_the_Earth/

And glo, I've responded to your view about the Prophethood being 'very slick' here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/378757-post107.html

And Joe98, I have presented my view here on why Muhammad pbuh must have been a Prophet:
http://www.islamicboard.com/193795-post26.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/176538-post11.html

Regards

AvarAllahNoor
06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
I must admit that I know very little about Sikhism and nothing about Guru Nanak. I look forward to your link, if you find it!

Thanks. :thankyou:
Allow me to enlighten you until then :) It's videos telling you all about Sikhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkgo...search=Sikhism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6CI...panola%20sikhs

This one is from Espanola in USA which has the largest Sikh convert community outside of India! There are warrior Sikhs! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txyJv...panola%20sikhs

P.S Still looking for the priest one

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.