/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Books Of the Bible

Rabbiyah
07-02-2006, 03:45 AM
:sl:
I may have asked this question before and I need help to research this do we accept any part of the bible.
[Matthew, Luke, Mark, & John]
Shuqan for your help pls sumit any hadiths to support any responds
and again Shuqan:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-02-2006, 04:03 AM
salam sis

if u mean 'do we accept them as truth', the answer is neither, because we believe there are some commandments which might have been from the original bible that still linger in the modified versions (incl those u mentioned)... and alot of the others have been mixed with man made words and logic..

hence y the hadith says we hsouldnt believe or disbelieve things that the ppl of the book say, because we dont know if its authentic or not...

all the best with ur research
salam

Quruxbadaan
07-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi

that doesnt make sence to me where in ahadith does it say that,

people of the book also say that one god is three gods and so are you saying we shouldnt disbleieve??

Maa salaama

lolwatever
07-02-2006, 04:40 AM
lol sis relax.. i'm talking about secondary matters not things that are in obvious contradiction..

ill get bak2u with the hadith inshalah

tc salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
07-02-2006, 04:44 AM
salams
the hadith is

Narrated Abu Huraira: The people of the Scripture used to read the Torah in Hebrew and explain it to the Muslims in Arabic. Then Allah's Apostle said, "Do not believe the people of the Scripture, and do not disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever has been revealed...' (3.84)
Sahih Bukhari
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 632:

tc salam

ps: obviously if Allah told us about something he revealed in the bible (e.g. oneess of Allah) and then a christian comes along tells us about the trinity, there's no reason to remain neutral... because we know for fact the original bible didnt teach the trinity from what the quran said..

salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.