/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

youngsister
07-04-2006, 05:34 PM
:sl:
When you burp do you say Alhamdullah or Istafullah? Always get confused because food is a blessing well many people dont have it (Alhamdullah) but then again is haram to overeat (Istafullah).
jazakallah:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM

I never knew burping had anything to do with over-eating I can burp anytime if it was an olympic sprot I'd win gold.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-04-2006, 05:45 PM
same here :?

youngsister
07-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Lol well in this case i mean when you overeat. What do you say anyways?
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 08:07 AM
We say alhamdulillah after we've eaten, one of the du3aas we say is "alhamdulillahi alladhee ad3amaa wa sagaa wa ja3ala lahuu makhrajaa" all praise is to he who has fed us, watered us/ quencehd our thirst, and made an exit for it. There are ahadeeth that show that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam and the companions, may Allah be pleased with them ate to their full, like the hadeeth when the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaaam, went out one nigt and as he was walking came across Abu bakr, he said why are you out this late, he said o prophet of Allah i too have left my house for the reason........alhadeeth.
Also in kitaab adabul mufrad (manners of the individual) by Imaam al Bukhaari, there isn't mention of this, or in other kutubul adaab i've come across.
I have never heard of a du3aa being read for over-eating, but Allahu a3lam, if you find out let us know ukhti. Thanks.
The prophet used to make istighfaar 70 (in a narration) times a day , its encouraged.
Wallahu a3lam.

Dhulqarnaeen
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
We say alhamdulillah after we've eaten, one of the du3aas we say is "alhamdulillahi alladhee ad3amaa wa sagaa wa ja3ala lahuu makhrajaa" all praise is to he who has fed us, watered us/ quencehd our thirst, and made an exit for it. There are ahadeeth that show that the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam and the companions, may Allah be pleased with them ate to their full, like the hadeeth when the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaaam, went out one nigt and as he was walking came across Abu bakr, he said why are you out this late, he said o prophet of Allah i too have left my house for the reason........alhadeeth.
Also in kitaab adabul mufrad (manners of the individual) by Imaam al Bukhaari, there isn't mention of this, or in other kutubul adaab i've come across.
I have never heard of a du3aa being read for over-eating, but Allahu a3lam, if you find out let us know ukhti. Thanks.
The prophet used to make istighfaar 70 (in a narration) times a day , its encouraged.
Wallahu a3lam.
Sis...can you check again the sanad of the hadith, cause I heard that du'a based with hadith dhaif. All I know, after we eat we say "alhamdulillah" or " alhamdulillah hamdan katheeron thoyyiban mubarokan feeh, ghoiru makfiyi wa laa muwaddaeen wa laa mustaghnan 'anhu robbana".
And the dua for usual eating or overeating is just the same I think guys. But its jst everyhting thats too much (ghuluw) and its not good in Islam.
And do we say istighfar? Depend I think, but what you have to do is say alhamdulillah first. Then if you realize that youre wrong to have overload eating then istighfar. By the way...eating too much is really not good for our health. Cause theres a hadith said one place thats so bad to be fullfilled, ya'ni our stomach. Maybe someone can quoted the hadith in here. insha Allah

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 08:37 AM

Um, the question was about burping, not over-eating though.

mehnaz
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Salaam,

maybe u shud jus say Alhamdulillah...and try not to overeat again...oh wateva...the question is confusinf..:lol:

W'salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
Sis...can you check again the sanad of the hadith, cause I heard that du'a based with hadith dhaif. All I know, after we eat we say "alhamdulillah" or " alhamdulillah hamdan katheeron thoyyiban mubarokan feeh, ghoiru makfiyi wa laa muwaddaeen wa laa mustaghnan 'anhu robbana".And the dua for usual eating or overeating is just the same I think guys. But its jst everyhting thats too much (ghuluw) and its not good in Islam.
Is it really Dhaeef? :? Because I usually say the Du'a which Umm Sulaim quoted and not the other one.......hmmm.......I think I have to do some research when I get home then Insha'allah.

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
ass salaam

^^^Me too!! think it's saheeh!!...the one that i've heard that has the da3f in it is "alhamdulillahladee ad3amanaa wa saqaanaa wa ja3alanaa min al-muslimeen!!...Wallaahu a3lam!..i'll check inshaAllah

wa alaykum as salaam

Mawaddah
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Sis...can you check again the sanad of the hadith, cause I heard that du'a based with hadith dhaif. All I know, after we eat we say "alhamdulillah" or " alhamdulillah hamdan katheeron thoyyiban mubarokan feeh, ghoiru makfiyi wa laa muwaddaeen wa laa mustaghnan 'anhu robbana".
Brother Dhulqarnaen I did research on this Hadeeth and it is Saheeh Baarakallahu Feek :)

Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ate or drank anything, he would say, ‘Al-hamdu Lillaah alladhi at’ama wa saqaa wa sawwaghahu wa ja’ala lahu makhrajan (Praise be to Allaah Who has given food and drink,made it easy to swallow and provided an exit for it).’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani).

And as for the Other Du'a which you mentioned that is also Saheeh....So we can recite Both Du'as alhamduilllah.

Abu Umaamah said: When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished eating, he would say, “Al-hamdu Lillaah hamdan katheeran mubaarakan fihi ghayra makfiyyin wa laa muwadda’in wa laa mustaghnan ‘anhu rabbana (Praise be to Allaah, much good and blessed praise. O our Lord, You are not in need of anyone, and we cannot do without Your favour nor dispense with it).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari,)

amirah_87
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

:peace:thanx Maw , i knew we were right!! :p

wa alaykum ass salaam

umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
And the dua for usual eating or overeating is just the same I think guys. But its jst everyhting thats too much (ghuluw) and its not good in Islam.
And do we say istighfar? Depend I think, but what you have to do is say alhamdulillah first. Then if you realize that youre wrong to have overload eating then istighfar. By the way...eating too much is really not good for our health. Cause theres a hadith said one place thats so bad to be fullfilled, ya'ni our stomach. Maybe someone can quoted the hadith in here. insha Allah
asslamu alaykum,its not dha3eef, its in the saheeh al musnad mimmaa laysa fee saheehayn written by sheikh muqbil may Allah have mercy upon him, i don't have the kitaab at home but i'll get the sanad inshaAllah.

adeeb
07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
as i know we are in Indonesia, say alhamdulillahilladzi at'amana wa saqaana waja'alana minal muslimiin...
how bout that duaa???

i agree with the answer that said to say alhamdulillah after burping.
even it overeat or not. but overeat is really bad thing to do in Islam. divide your stomach into 3 part, 1 for food, 1 for water and 1 for the gas. that means you have to eat as much as u need. not overeat.

jazakumullah khairan katseer

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.