/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing Topic

soulsociety
07-05-2006, 10:52 AM
:sl:

Two of my topics have been closed or moved.

What's up? Is there an objective reason why? One has been moved to the sisters section? Why? The article I based it on is readable by both genders.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
What was the topic about?

Far7an
07-05-2006, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by soulsociety

What's up? Is there an objective reason why? One has been moved to the sisters section? Why? The article I based it on is readable by both genders.
Wa alaikum asalaam.

I'm not sure about your first thread, but your latest thread which had a poll requesting answers from females only is better suited in the private section of the forum.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2006, 11:07 AM
But that's deep, because he/she can't view it.:(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Wa alaikum asalaam.

I'm not sure about your first thread, but your latest thread which had a poll requesting answers from females only is better suited in the private section of the forum.
What about the views of females who don't have access to the Sisters Only section?? :? Unless the poll asked the opinions of Muslim females only ...

Peace.

Umar001
07-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I agree, since I would like to know what this poll is about lol

I think u do get a msg sometimes, I got a msg from bro Muhammad who closed my Party thread

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM

yeh but now the thread is pointless becuase the original poster cant even veiw the results.

soulsociety
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM

One was about if you were raped. I think that was a good topic, becuase people are under the impression that Muslims have a stigma on the victim and won't report it. The other topic was about which type of brother (if practising/piety was the same between them), would sister's prefer.

glo
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

yeh but now the thread is pointless becuase the original poster cant even veiw the results.
I hadn't realised that the creator of the poll and thread doesn't have access to the private section herself.

That doesn't seem right. Mods, what do you think??

peace

Malaikah
07-05-2006, 11:40 AM

^^ the weird part is that it happens so often, a limited member asks a question, it gets moved to sister section, and they have no access.

but i guess thats the only alternative to just deleting the thread, er so theres nothing to really complain about.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, i don't think it should be moved into a gender room unless the poster has access to that section.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
What if soulsociety is a brother..... then he'll never get access.:p

- Qatada -
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
:salamext:

What about giving the thread and survey a limited time span, and once the time is over - then you could pm the details and results to the creator of the thread i.e. soulsociety in this situation. Allaah Almighty knows best.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Hmm.... i guess it's up to the mods.
W'salaam

Umm Yoosuf
07-05-2006, 05:42 PM

As for your thread .."If you were raped" the reason for its closure is already there

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I will agree that rape is a very important subject, it is a violent crime and people both men and woman need to know what to do if it occurs.

However, I am a bit concerned as to if this is being presented properly for this forum.

I would agree that a thread dealing with Islamic rulings about rape would be appropriate, I just have an odd feeling that in the manner this thread is presented, especialy with a poll it is at risk to develope into something not intended.

Just, my opinion
It was a very sentive issue.

As for your second thread "For the sisters: which brother?"

The question was directed at sister, its a subject which concerns them only. Thus it is inappropriate to be publicly displaed in the main forum. It is only appropriate that it should be moved to the sisters section.

Perhaps if you want the result to your poll them I’ll PM you it but that’s about all we can do :sister:

:w:

soulsociety
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM

That's not a good enough reason to close the rape topic. If you run this forum on whims that's fine, but as an Islamic forum I expect objectivity, consistency and common sense.

I just have an odd feeling that in the manner this thread is presented, especialy with a poll it is at risk to develope into something not intended
Isn't that for me to decide?

Closure/move of the second thread is surprising. Yes it is asking the sisters, but the brothers can benefit from the answers. This is not revealing questions about the sisters, "What's your hair colour" or something like that.

I'm also surprised it costs $1600/year to run this forum.

soulsociety
07-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Can someone tell me what's going on in that thread? I don't have PM yet either.

jomur
07-15-2006, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

What about giving the thread and survey a limited time span, and once the time is over - then you could pm the details and results to the creator of the thread i.e. soulsociety in this situation. Allaah Almighty knows best.

I think we'd all like to read eachother's opinions/comments so we could benefit from it. Also, with many of us that are limited members we have very few access anyways. Soulsociety's topics seem very interesting, surely I'd like to read it so would you kindly reinstate his/her threads? :)

Muhammad
07-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Greetings,

That's not a good enough reason to close the rape topic. If you run this forum on whims that's fine, but as an Islamic forum I expect objectivity, consistency and common sense.
If I am not mistaken, we run this forum in an Islamic manner, so naturally we uphold Islamic etiquettes and morals above all else. I think you will find that most of our decisions are based on common sense also.

Isn't that for me to decide?
No, this is a privately owned forum, and we have members of staff who have the responsibility of removing that which is deemed inappropriate.

format_quote Originally Posted by jomur
I think we'd all like to read eachother's opinions/comments so we could benefit from it. Also, with many of us that are limited members we have very few access anyways. Soulsociety's topics seem very interesting, surely I'd like to read it so would you kindly reinstate his/her threads?
I do not know what exactly the thread directed at sisters was about, but we often get threads designed for what seems a statistical analysis of the forum, which often carries little purpose or benefit. So while interest or curiosity might be aroused, I believe the public forum is better without such threads that would otherwise cause people to post unnecessary comments and by people uninvited by the thread's first post.

Peace.

jomur
07-19-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

I do not know what exactly the thread directed at sisters was about, but we often get threads designed for what seems a statistical analysis of the forum, which often carries little purpose or benefit. So while interest or curiosity might be aroused, I believe the public forum is better without such threads that would otherwise cause people to post unnecessary comments and by people uninvited by the thread's first post.

Peace.
The topics that soulsociety had mentioned seem like debates, which are interesting, that will not cause members to respond with unnecessary comments. You're simply giving excuses.

soulsociety
07-19-2006, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jomur
Soulsociety's topics seem very interesting, surely I'd like to read it so would you kindly reinstate his/her threads? :)

Hey, thanks!

If I am not mistaken, we run this forum in an Islamic manner, so naturally we uphold Islamic etiquettes and morals above all else. I think you will find that most of our decisions are based on common sense also.
My topic wasn't exactly about drinking beer or "best looking babe".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.