/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Old Rep System is

snakelegs
07-07-2006, 08:46 PM
yipppie! sanity has prevailed and the rep system (where you can see who gave it and read the comments) is back!
thanks and praises!
when i was typing the subject line i accidently hit something or other on the key board. forgive the double post and please delete.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Greetings,

Yes, read here.

Nawal89
07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
i was sooooooooo hpapy when i checked my reps today i almost cried. I looove the rep system now!

Looking4Peace
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
I dont think this is a good idea, especially if u give someone a bad rep, thats all i need is them pming me and stalking me because i said they were wrong for what they wrote especially if its someone who gives me a problem in the first place, this takes all the privacy away, great start more problems, also i rather not see the rude comments when i get a bad rep, even though tehres only 2 out of all my other good reps, its just the point, why start more annoyances.

But glad to see all the sweet reps i have gotten

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anis_z24
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Salam,
I think I have missed the point
whats happening

Ghazi
07-07-2006, 09:05 PM
:sl:

Theres such a thing as a bad rep? how do you see these?

Nawal89
07-07-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Theres such a thing as a bad rep? how do you see these?
when you give a person a bad rep i think you click the red button..i dont know i've never given anyone a bad rep but i've received one once..it takes away from yoru rep count :X

H4RUN
07-07-2006, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
when you give a person a bad rep i think you click the red button..i dont know i've never given anyone a bad rep but i've received one once..it takes away from yoru rep count :X
anyone want a bad rep demonstration? :giggling:
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
anyone want a bad rep demonstration? :giggling:
no but im not sure how good reps work? Can you demonstrate please :p

Woodrow
07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
You send a neg rep the exact same way you send a pos. one.

Click the green button. Type in your comment, but check the disapprove circle.

Yes, the person getting the neg. rep will see who sent it and see the comment.

H4RUN
07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
no but im not sure how good reps work? Can you demonstrate please :p
hehe bro, DREEEAM ON.....but inshallah lol mayb 1 day...MAYB:giggling:

Helena
07-07-2006, 11:07 PM
darn am suprised its back....is it for sure? is there any changes will occur? lol

man..many interesting comments i recieved wid da reps...that i missed!

Looking4Peace
07-08-2006, 12:55 AM
hmm, no comments for my post earlier, noone agrees that this might start problems between people? for instance someone getting mad that someone else gave them a bad rep? now they will see who gave it to them and confront them through a nasty pm, of course i wouldnt do something like this but i just know at least a few nuts will be on here stalking people now over this.

Woodrow
07-08-2006, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
hmm, no comments for my post earlier, noone agrees that this might start problems between people? for instance someone getting mad that someone else gave them a bad rep? now they will see who gave it to them and confront them through a nasty pm, of course i wouldnt do something like this but i just know at least a few nuts will be on here stalking people now over this.
Each thing has a good and bad side with it. It is true some of us my not want to be known to the person we give a negative rep to. But, at the same time if we do feel that a neg rep is called for we need to stand up and acknowledge we have given it. The few times I have given a neg, I also PM'd the person and let them know I had done so and the reason why.

I believe the main reason the visibility was restored is because so many people wanted to know who had given them positive reps.

I do not believe you should have much concern over anybody stalking you to give you negatives. Remember, each person has to give out reps before they can give them to or take them from the same person again.

SirZubair
07-08-2006, 02:04 AM
Now i know who gave me those negative reps... :offended:

Kheir,i couldnt care less :)

But please,i'll make a request,..

anyone who wants to give me a bad rep,go ahead.but PLEASE,explain to me WHY i am recieving the bad reps.

Shukran.

wa'salaam

-Zubair

Looking4Peace
07-08-2006, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Now i know who gave me those negative reps... :offended:

Kheir,i couldnt care less :)

But please,i'll make a request,..

anyone who wants to give me a bad rep,go ahead.but PLEASE,explain to me WHY i am recieving the bad reps.

Shukran.

wa'salaam

-Zubair

u gave me a bad rep once with no explanation :grumbling , dont worry i wont stalk ;D

Sanobar
07-08-2006, 03:23 AM

ohh kool... good that the old rep system is baC! :):):)

BlissfullyJaded
07-08-2006, 04:43 AM

Nice to have it back. InshaAllah members will fear Allah and won't abuse it, for their own good..

I agree abut negative reps, if you're gonna do it, then give a reason. :)

SirZubair
07-08-2006, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
u gave me a bad rep once with no explanation :grumbling , dont worry i wont stalk ;D
It was pretty obvious WHY i gave you bad-reps sis :p

But just to show you there are no hard feelings,i've just given you More good reps compared to the Bad reps i gave you.

seek.learn
07-08-2006, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
... I also PM'd the person and let them know I had done so and the reason why. ...
Salaam o alaikum,

Thats great.
JazakAllah u khairun. Will keep it in mind.

Alaikum Salaam

learningislam
07-08-2006, 07:53 AM
:salamext:

well.......i had this question......
Why does this message appears and after how many distribution of reps....
"You have distributed too many reps in the last 24 hrs ,plz try again later"
coz'this happens with me most of the time.
plus, one thing more, is it necessary to write a comment when u give a +ive rep.

JazakAllah .......

:wasalamex

Woodrow
07-08-2006, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by learningislam

well.......i had this question......
Why does this message appears and after how many distribution of reps....
"You have distributed too many reps in the last 24 hrs ,plz try again later"
coz'this happens with me most of the time.
plus, one thing more, is it necessary to write a comment when u give a +ive rep.

JazakAllah .......

I believe the number of reps we are permitted to give is limited in 24 hour blocks. I get
that message also. I think that was put into place to maintain a level of credability for the reps we give among other reasons.

No it is not necessary to type in a reason for the rep, but it is a nice gesture.

muslim_friend
07-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I just checked my reps and i didn't know that people can leave comments.. so i'm reading all of them now. lol!

piXie
07-08-2006, 11:03 AM

wooohooooo !!!! this is top news :thumbs_up

th rep system is back to normal...ALHAMDULILLAH!!!

someones not gonna be too happy :X

im gonna make sure of tht :shade:

a user on LI
is just abt to die

it rhymes :p

------
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
LOL calm down don't get too happy :p

On topic: Jazakallah!

------
07-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Isn't that going to make the page LONGGGGGGGGG lol

Mohsin
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Why not just show the entire rep history?

Yeah good idea

Ghazi
07-08-2006, 11:13 AM
a user on LI
is just abt to die

it rhymes

I'll prepare your janaza and funeral heck I'll even throw in a dua you'll be sadly missed.

Far7an
07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Why not just show the entire rep history?
Typical Alvin, keep asking for more.. never sattisfied.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah how about the last 50?:)
j/k
I got reps from unnexpected people. So I was very happy when I realised the old reps system was back!:D
W'salaam

x Maz x
07-08-2006, 12:09 PM
AsalamuAlaykum
Bismillah, Hope these reaches ya'll in the highest state of health & iman...

Hai hai I got two negative reps from peepz i expected from buh the comments yaar :O, SubhanAllah I got called an idiot, yesh tell me sumin i dont know Pshhh, Tinkn u iz hard by given bad repz, watch how i get ma own back in all the threads you posted in ;) lol...Nah jowkz, chillax, JazakAllah though for them, they make me feel so gd, lyk ta hav abita nortiness in meh :D, So BarakAllah feekhum both of u companions, Awww J/k 2 de person who goes i iz anoying :D yes imagin how ma mum feels *eyes rolly, Allah give her saabr
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam fi amanAllah x

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey sis you should report that. Don't let anyone call you an idiot. Abuse in reps should not be tolerated.

x Maz x
07-08-2006, 02:00 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum
Bismillah, Hope this reaches you in the highest state of health and iman,
^ Lol Ukhty dont worry, the person who sent it to me dont bother me, well both of them, Allah guide them, But I publically say JazakAllah Khair to both of them, Iggnorance is not the policy ol' chappies, BarakAllah feekum to mods who bought back the rep system, Allah reward you!
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam
Fi amanAllah x

x Maz x
07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
AsalaamuAlaykum
Bismillah Hope this reaches ya'll in the highest state of health and Iman
^ Lol, Bwess Minaz, just cause he dont get many *eyes rolly*, Whats so thingy bout reps though? cause like surley the reward from Allah is better?
*eyes rolly*
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam Fi amanAllah x

learningislam
07-08-2006, 05:03 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
m waiting for Minaz to come n shout...
"REPS MEANS NOTHING :-\"
I was about to say the same........
i mean......"do reps matter at all".......

Woodrow
07-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Reps are a great tool for us as individuals, provided we use and read them in the intent there are meant to serve.

Reps are not a popularity contest. They are a guide so that we can see and learn how we are perceived by others. A negative rep can be just as valuable as a positive one. A neg does not have to be viewed as a personal vindeta, it can be a tool to see if how our words are perceived by others.

The problems can come when people attempt to use the rep system for wrong purposes. Fortunatly, the reps are now moderated and this should eliminate them from being used as insult or fitnah tools.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-08-2006, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
AsalaamuAlaykum
Bismillah Hope this reaches ya'll in the highest state of health and Iman
^ Lol, Bwess Minaz, just cause he dont get many *eyes rolly*, Whats so thingy bout reps though? cause like surley the reward from Allah is better?
*eyes rolly*
Wa'AlaykumAsalaam Fi amanAllah x
Couldn't have said it better myself sis.:)

Hijaabi22
07-08-2006, 05:29 PM
WICKED!! me jus readin thru ma comments :) :)

Halima
07-09-2006, 10:08 PM

A very close reminder to all the members personally, know that the system is enabled, you should really watch over your words when writing to the opposite gender or else your words will be misleaded and hence the doors to fitnah.

Jazakhallah Khair for taking your time to read these words.

BarakAllahu Feekum.

SirZubair
07-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey,...

...either im going crazy,or i am unable to see who is giving me bad reps.

I swear,...i thought i had 1395 Reps afew minutes ago,then someone gave me good reps,..which means it should have gone up,but it seems to have gone down to 1376(ish),and looking at my 'rep history',no1 has given me bad reps... :?

Ok,im offically going crazy.

Far7an
07-10-2006, 06:45 PM

It's a possible a thread was deleted which contained a post of yours that you were repped for. I'll check up on it and PM you inshaa'Allah.

SirZubair
07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

It's a possible a thread was deleted which contained a post of yours that you were repped for. I'll check up on it and PM you inshaa'Allah.
Yeah that is possible.

Bro,don't bother :) it is allllllllllll goooooooooood ;)

Wa'salaam.

afriend
07-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Awww poor old zubair....don't worry I got your back ;)

SirZubair
07-11-2006, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Awww poor old zubair....don't worry I got your back ;)
LoL ! Aren't you a gem :p :p :p

afriend
07-11-2006, 07:24 AM
LOL^

I was being ambushed too.....In the sheer cover of anonymousity, someone was attacking me...:X

Now whoever that person was...expect -14 reps coming ur way for the next 20 days ;) :Evil: Nah I'm just messing :p

SirZubair
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
LOL^

I was being ambushed too.....In the sheer cover of anonymousity, someone was attacking me...:X

Now whoever that person was...expect -14 reps coming ur way for the next 20 days ;) :Evil: Nah I'm just messing :p
This is when you say "Is it 'cos i is black?" or in your case "is it 'cos i is a pretty boy?" :p :p

afriend
07-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Hahahaha^ Ali G ;D

Atleast you can see the last 20 comments now, before it was just 5 of them :(

So well done ppl at LI! :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.