/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need UR HELP!

shanu
07-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh

I wish to fast a nafl fast tommorow. N now the time here is near 2am...i am not sure if i would wake up before fajr...But i really wish to keep this fast...so im gonna eat food and make an intention to fast nafl and sleep....Can this be done? IS there any condition where one must wake up and eat smtg and then make the niyyah?? pls help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
:sl:

It's sunnah to have a munch before fasting, but if you forget to then you can keep the fast.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 05:58 PM
i think if u make ur intention now and then sleep it will work inshaAllah.

Allahu Allam

:salamext:

shanu
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks guys
so i make da intention simple like
"O Allah I making niyyah to do nafl fast" is tis ok?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
sounds good to me lol

Allahu Allam

:salamext:

thc
07-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabrakatuhu,

yes it is fine.

DigitalStorm82
07-14-2006, 06:25 AM
your niyyah is your intentions...

there is no need to utter any words...

you intend to fast... Allah knows whats in your intentions...

lolwatever
07-14-2006, 06:49 AM
yeh you can do that sis.. there's a hadith where the prophet woke up and asked if there was breakfast, and when his wives told him there was none he decided to fast.. so u could even decide to fast pretty late as long as u didnt eat before that...

but as the bros/sis's above asid.. highly recommended to preload ur body for the day during suhoor..

tc all the best salams

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 07:44 AM
I asked an alim this and he said that if you forget to eat in Ramadan you can keep your fast but if it is a nafl fast you have to eat.

lolwatever
07-14-2006, 07:48 AM
salam sis, are you sure?!?!?!

i think the hadith where prophet wokeup n didnt find anything to eat and then decided to fast means that the alim is wrong?

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Maybe the Prophet didn't eat, it was in Ramadan. The hadith doesn't state when. Believe me I would trust this alim with my life.

lolwatever
07-14-2006, 07:51 AM
salam sis i didnt mean at all to put the alim down no offense :)

but sometimes maybe he forgot about an evidence or soemthing.. and im pretty sure it wasnt in ramadhan, but ill look it up!

tc salam

Anonymous.92
07-14-2006, 07:55 AM
That's a good idea about looking it up.But I warned you that this particular alim when he was a student won an award for the best student in Pakistan. But after all he is only human ;D :)

PS No offence taken

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!