/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus married? And was he a Messiah?

London2006
07-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I just posted a thread about the Da Vinci Code... and now I'm wondering- did Jesus even get married at all, in Islam? I'm not saying he did, and I'm sure he didn't, but I've often read Islamic books and heard scholars stressing about the importance of marriage in Islam- if marriage is so important, how come Jesus didn't marry? Or will he get married when he returns?

Also, I want to know what Islam says about the Messiah. The Messiah was meant to be the final prophet on Earth. Now this could be Muhammad (pbuh) OR it could be Jesus, as Jesus is actually going to be the last prophet to walk on earth... so which is the Messiah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Link
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
According to shia sources (I don't know about sunni) he (as) didn't marry. Isa (as) comes back without a revelation to deliver to people, so Mohammad (saw) is the last Prophet (as) born and also the last one to have brought revelation to mankind. Isa (as) comes as an aider to Imam Mahdi (as) who will fill the earth with jusitce and peace.

Link
07-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Also the word 'messeeh' can mean the 'wiped one' or 'cleansed one' and it would mean he was made pure from sins.

Isa Abdullah
07-14-2006, 11:59 PM
bismillah

assalaamu alaikum'

Where'd you get the idea that the Messiah was the last prophet?

The Qur'an does mention that many messengers had famlies, however, it does not say Isa ibn Maryam (as) had done so.

Noble Qur'aan defines the mission of Jesus (peace be upon him), as follows:

a.. To confirm (the laws) that already existed even before his arrival, from the Torah (in the Old Testament) ; (Noble Quran 61:6)
b.. To give the good news (the gospel) of the arrival of a messenger, who comes after him, whose name will be 'Ahmad' (another name of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). (Noble Quran 61:6)
c.. To teach the Children of Israel, unto whom he was sent, matters of wisdom ; (Noble Quran 43:63)
d.. To clarify certain matters in which they (Jews) differed ; (Noble Quran 43:63) and
e.. To legitimize certain things that were earlier banned for them. (Noble Quran 3:50) Jesus (peace be upon him) upheld the laws that existed in those days in the Torah, the book of laws given to Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), except for:

Keep in mind that Isa (as) was the last messenger sent to Isra'il.

" I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. " (Matthew 15:24). In simpler words: Jesus says that he was sent (he is a messenger) only unto the house of Israel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Isa Abdullah
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Muhammad (saw) is the seal of the prophets. The culmination of all their messages and of perfect morality. He (saw) brought the message of Allaah (swt) to its full completion.

Anonymous.92
07-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Jesus never married and he is the messiah.

Isa Abdullah
07-15-2006, 02:33 AM
bismillah

Follow the Qur'an

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.