/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ALLAH'S MESSENGER (saw) HAD A WHITE ELEGANT FACE

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Book 030, Number 5777:

Jurairi reported: I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face. Muslim b. Hajjaj said: Abu Tufail who died in 100 Hijra was the last of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).
Book 030, Number 5778:

Abu Tufail reported: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and there is one amongst the people of the earth who (are living at the present time and) had seen him except me. I said to him: How did you find him? He said: He had an elegant white color, and he was of an average height.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
05-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Masha'Allah!

I read another hadith and that hadith was comparing his peace be upon him's face to the moon...It's in Bukhari..

MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 12:29 PM
yes sis i heard that one as well, its just we are so fortunate to have such a perfect role model in our Prophet SAW

Arwa
05-26-2005, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
yes sis i heard that one as well, its just we are so fortunate to have such a perfect role model in our Prophet SAW

Masha'allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
05-26-2005, 12:34 PM
alhamdulillah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Subahanallah - thanks for the hadith bro

The Prophet of Allah (Sallallah-ho-alahi-wassalam) had so much noor on his face mashallah.

wafa islam
06-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Salam alykum

Masha Allah, what a short and lovely post !!
And his (peace be upon him) character was just as beautiful. Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam

wa alaykum salaam

wafa islam
06-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Salam alykum

Masha Allah, what a short and lovely post !!
And his (peace be upon him) character was just as beautiful. Sallalahu alayhi wa sallam

wa alaykum salaam

north_malaysian
06-01-2007, 08:04 AM
.. and those stupid South Park cartoons depicted him to be black...

(I'm not saying black people are bad, but South Park drew the Prophet as black-skinned)

snakelegs
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
what's so great about white skin or am i missing something?

syilla
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
lol .... :giggling:

i'm dark skinned too...

hehe...

i think its just prophet's physical description.

you should read about prophet best friend's physical description. :thumbs_up

Nabooly
06-02-2007, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
.. and those stupid South Park cartoons depicted him to be black...

(I'm not saying black people are bad, but South Park drew the Prophet as black-skinned)
They shouldnt even be messing with something they have no idea about in the first place :rollseyes

vpb
06-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Book 030, Number 5777:
Jurairi reported: I said to Abu Tufail: Did you see Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? He said: Yes, he had a white handsome face. Muslim b. Hajjaj said: Abu Tufail who died in 100 Hijra was the last of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).
Book 030, Number 5778:
Abu Tufail reported: I saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and there is one amongst the people of the earth who (are living at the present time and) had seen him except me. I said to him: How did you find him? He said: He had an elegant white color, and he was of an average height.
what collection are these hadiths in?

NoName55
06-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 30: The Book Pertaining to the Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet (may Peace be upon them) and His Companions (Kitab Al-Fada'il)

3isha
06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
noo, the Prophet peace be upon him had a alot of noor (light) on his face. Mashallah

Balthasar21
06-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Are saying the prophet Muhammad was a caucasian ?

Talha777
06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) was dark skin, because he was an Arab. But he always appeared completely white, this is because he was constantly emitting noor (heavenly light). This is a great miracle of our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam).

Balthasar21
06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) was dark skin, because he was an Arab. But he always appeared completely white, this is because he was constantly emitting noor (heavenly light). This is a great miracle of our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam).

Some of you guy's just say anything don't you and expect people to accept it . This is deep .

snakelegs
06-02-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3isha
noo, the Prophet peace be upon him had a alot of noor (light) on his face. Mashallah
now, that makes sense as i know that sometimes he is referred to Allah's light. thanks for clearing that up as it really had me puzzled! they are not describing his skin colour, but the noor.

NoName55
06-02-2007, 08:45 PM
now, that makes sense as i know that sometimes he is referred to Allah's light. thanks for clearing that up as it really had me puzzled! they are not describing his skin colour, but the noor.
You Know what, to avoid just such confusion, I had reported this thread asking staff to change it to its proper title as it is appears in the book

Excellent Qualities of the Holy Prophet and His Companions (may Peace be upon them)but alas as usual I got ignored for I susspect my reports are deleted even before being read

snakelegs
06-03-2007, 02:49 AM
actually, i should have known better. one of my favourites songs is called noor-e-khuda!

AzizMostafa
06-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Prophets + Messengers are best described in the Glorious Quran as Landmarks and their successors by Stars.
"And landmarks (waymarks); and by the stars they (people) are guided to the right way" (16:16).

That's right: God enlightened heavens and the earth with Prophets + Messengers + their successors
whose Houses (of knowledge + worship) reflect His light as stated in (2:189), (10:87) and (24:35-36):
—Light upon Light(*)—
and surely upon a mighty morality. But sadly God's enemy still says that the word "Hamma" in (12:23-4)
is applicable to both Joseph and the wife of Eygptian Aziz, whereas the fact of the matter "Hammat bihi"
means she was trying to pull him while "Hamma bihah" means he was trying to push her away.

It is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts within the breasts. (22:46)

tears4husain
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
:sl: I could be wrong but aren't the hashim dark skinned? looked at as sud(black)? Maybe im taking this out of context but this was girst thing that came to mind.:statisfie

north_malaysian
06-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Suddenly I remembered a nasheed I've heard during my secondary school days (late 90s)

Your face is bright..like a shining moon
lighting up darkness of the night
And we are here, we think of you
Oh Muhammad Rasulallah

You bring the light..you bring the light..to the entire world
You bring the hope...you bring the hope..to the human kind

Oh Muhammad Rasulallah...

P/S: I've forgot 2/3 of the lyrics i think :okay:

NoName55
06-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh Muhammad Rasulallah
Was this said during the lifetime of RasulAllah P.B.U.H. in his presence or now in present day and age?

north_malaysian
06-04-2007, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Was this said during the lifetime of RasulAllah P.B.U.H. in his presence or now in present day and age?
it's a modern-day nasheed, in English, being sung by a Malaysian nasheed group called Nadamurni (before they were being banned for heresy).

NoName55
06-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Thank you
JazaakaAllah khair wa salaam alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.