/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Affairs section

Malaikah
07-17-2006, 04:56 AM
:sl:

I was just wondering about the world affairs section on the forum. I personally think people have too much freedom in there. It not rare that you read a post from a forum that is just 'weird' and not exaclty Islamic. People seem to be throwing about opinions as if they are official views that everyone should hold and are supported 100% by the Quran and sunnah.

My point is basically that most people here are NOT in a position to be talking about many of the things that go on in that section, let alone debating them, becuase most situations are REALLY more complicated than they seem and it the people of knowledge who should be speaking, not those without knowledge.

For example, people may say that so and so action is in accordance with Islam becuase of so and so reason, but in reality that is not the case as it i only applicable under certain situation which are not present in todays world.

I hope my point is clear, i persoally think something should be done about it, though i leave that decision up the mods and admin inshaallah.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sis786
07-17-2006, 10:10 AM
The world affair section is the one section that i think people put their opinions across and where you bound to find a debate.

Im not too sure about quoting the Quran and Sunnah as i dont because im not in a position to do so.

But i think the Affairs section is the most interesting, Yes Cheese sis you right some things are more complicated but i dont think that most members put up a post thinking that this is gonna change a situation what you mostly find is peoples opinions and thats healthy.

My complaint is that sometimes people get personal and throw abuse and thats wrong as all of us are free to express our opinions and shouldnt be taunted in doing so

sevgi
07-17-2006, 10:15 AM
its jst healthy debating...increases ur communication and people skills...especially if ur involved in interfaith dialogue that sort of stuff helps...

------
07-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Yh but don't debate if u dont know that what ur saying is being backed up by the Qur'an and the Hadith 100%!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
duke
07-17-2006, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
Yh but don't debate if u dont know that what ur saying is being backed up by the Qur'an and the Hadith 100%!!!
how will i be backed up by the Qur'an and the Hadith 100% in my debates?:?

Muhammad
07-17-2006, 10:58 AM
:sl:

I agree with many of the points raised above, and Insha'Allaah we will find a way to address these problems. Jazakallahu Khayr for your input and feedback into these issues - it is very much appreciated.

format_quote Originally Posted by duke
how will i be backed up by the Qur'an and the Hadith 100% in my debates?:?
I believe that comment was addressed to the Muslim members only :).

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.