/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I know Music is Haraam but...

Hijrah
07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Nasheeds are allowed right? What are the limits of Nasheeds so they are kept Halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
07-18-2006, 02:55 PM
In my opinion and a lot of highly and well respected scholars, its not allowed regardless of what it is used in.

My sig - " Listening 2 Music is 'fisq' (rebellion, evildoing) and enjoying it is 'kufr' (disbelief) " is said by a famous scholar called Imaam Abu Haneefa

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Music is not haram

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah ad-din
Music is not haram
Daleel? (provide proof for what you say !)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Can your highly respected scholars proove music to be haram? Whne Muhammad(saw) enter the gates of Mecca the women and men greeted him with music and singing, and he mentioned nothing about what they were doing to be haram.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Abd Majid, you're the one saying that music is haraam, you proove to me that it is. You know anything that Allah subhana wa ta'ala did not make haram you will be punished if you tell others that it is. We have to be careful when we say that things aren't prohibited by Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Can your highly respected scholars proove music to be haram? Whne Muhammad(saw) enter the gates of Mecca the women and men greeted him with music and singing, and he mentioned nothing about what they were doing to be haram.
The gates of Medina I meant.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 03:34 PM
i never heard anything about them greeting him with music. They played the duff when he entered Medina

Theres a time when Aisha RA was singing and abu bakr RA said

"THE INSTRUMENTS OF THE SHAYTAAN, in front of rasullulah saws", implying that it is the instruments of the DEVIL! But rasullulah saws said to leave them, why? "IT WAS EID!". So if done it should be on an extremely rare basis with "DUFF" only.

anymore daleel? :D

Samee
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Music is not haram
:sl:

Really? Stating facts that have to do with Islam without citing evidence is wrong. In your case, stating things that are wrong without citing evidence is very wrong. Lest your comments be read by a person and thought of to be true, you should never throw out a verdict on such an issue without providing an explanation.

Music is haraam. This is a well known fact.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among my ummah there will be people who will regard as permissible adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5590). See also: al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani (91).

nennar
07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
salaam alaikum!

so music is not haram? or is it only western music thats haram?:)

Samee
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nennar
salaam alaikum!

so music is not haram? or is it only western music thats haram?:)

Music is haraam. End of story. The hadiths clearly prohibit music for our ummah.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i never heard anything about them greeting him with music. They played the duff when he entered Medina

Theres a time when Aisha RA was singing and abu bakr RA said

"THE INSTRUMENTS OF THE SHAYTAAN, in front of rasullulah saws", implying that it is the instruments of the DEVIL! But rasullulah saws said to leave them, why? "IT WAS EID!". So if done it should be on an extremely rare basis with "DUFF" only.

anymore daleel? :D
They played the duff. What is playing the duff? Is it not music? Abu Bakr is not Muhammad(saw) and neither God.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee

Really? Stating facts that have to do with Islam without citing evidence is wrong. In your case, stating things that are wrong without citing evidence is very wrong. Lest your comments be read by a person and thought of to be true, you should never throw out a verdict on such an issue without providing an explanation.

Music is haraam. This is a well known fact.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among my ummah there will be people who will regard as permissible adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5590). See also: al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani (91).
Where does this hadith say that musical instruments is haram? I'm waiting for the well known proof of fact.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Music is haraam. End of story. The hadiths clearly prohibit music for our ummah.
You clearly prohibit it. Not the hadith.

Samee
07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Where does this hadith say that musical instruments is haram? I'm waiting for the well known proof of fact.

I don't understand how you could miss that.

“Among my ummah there will be people who will regard as permissible adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5590). See also: al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani (91).

Look at the context. Is adultery permissible? No. Is alcohol permissible? No. Is silk permissible? No. So what makes you think the musical instruments are permissible?

Samee
07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Just for you I've found more proof.

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?

And you laugh at it and weep not,

Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”

[al-Najm 53:59-61]

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The four madhhabs are agreed that all musical instruments are haraam. (al-Saheehah, 1/145).

I need to know, what more proof do you need? I wouldn't dare go against the four Imams in any matter. When the Quran, Sunnah and the Imams have all declared that the musical instruments are haraam, I don't understand how you can continue to deny this.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Of course the things sated in that hadith before musical instruments are not permissible, but Qur'an and other ahadith forbids adultry, silk and alcohol, what other hadith or ahaith are there forbids musical instruments which will proove that in the hadith posted here it means that musical instruments are haraam?

The duff was not the only instrument played as I have heard from othwer learned Muslims when Muhamamd entered Madina.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Just for you I've found more proof.

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this aayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments (lit. woodwind instruments). (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

“[Allaah said to Iblees:] And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]

“Do you then wonder at this recitation (the Qur’aan)?

And you laugh at it and weep not,

Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing)”

[al-Najm 53:59-61]

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The four madhhabs are agreed that all musical instruments are haraam. (al-Saheehah, 1/145).

I need to know, what more proof do you need? I wouldn't dare go against the four Imams in any matter. When the Quran, Sunnah and the Imams have all declared that the musical instruments are haraam, I don't understand how you can continue to deny this.
This is not talking about ALL music. Of course such music like certain rapp, rock etc is not for us to listen to, but nasheeds are not. I really dislike when people make things haram that are not. Allahu Alim.

muslim_friend
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
They played the duff. What is playing the duff? Is it not music? Abu Bakr is not Muhammad(saw) and neither God.
salam,

the duff was used only for certain occasions like marriage festivals etc.

This is not directly related with the topic at hand, because most anasheed artists do not use musical instruments in the first place.

Nasheeds are allowed right?
I'm not a scholar to give a fatwa. But i definitely want you to check this out:

And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: wilt Thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.

But hymn the praise of thy Lord, and be of those who make prostration (unto Him).

And We made Solomon to understand (the case); and unto each of them We gave judgment and knowledge. And We subdued the hills and the birds to hymn (His) praise along with David. We were the doers (thereof).

Only those believe in Our revelations who, when they are reminded of them, fall down prostrate and hymn the praise of their Lord, and they are not scornful, (32:15)

I typed the word 'Hymn' in the search version of my pickthall version of the Qur'an and about 30 references popped up! But better check the transalation + tafsir.

wsalam.

Samee
07-18-2006, 03:53 PM
This is not talking about ALL music. Of course such music like certain rapp, rock etc is not for us to listen to, but nasheeds are not. I really dislike when people make things haram that are not. Allahu Alim.

If that is your final verdict on music, then I can't change that. The hadiths and Quran verses clearly say that singing and music is haraam.

Al-Qaasim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Singing is part of falsehood. Al-Hasan (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: if there is music involved in a dinner invitation (waleemah), do not accept the invitation (al-Jaami by al-Qayrawaani, p. 262-263).

Another case of two pious men declaring music and singing haraam.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Muhammad saws was present, if Abu Bakr RA was in error with that statement then wouldnt Muhammad saws have corrected him?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
How is singing in a whole apart of falehood Sammee? You're telling me if I sing words of truth it's still falsehood that I am preaching? When they are talking about music, they are talking about haram music. There is halal and haram music. You are telling me that there isn't no such thing as halal music and haram music.

Music is apart of some culture also. A big part of some culture. The Prophet(saw) told us not to change the culture of a people, but to change there religion. So who are us to misintrepret ahadith, ayat and tafsir of Qur'an?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Muhammad saws was present, if Abu Bakr RA was in error with that statement then wouldnt Muhammad saws have corrected him?
What did Muhammad(saw) say when Abu(ra) said this?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:01 PM
And what words were Aisha(ra) singing?

Samee
07-18-2006, 04:03 PM
How is singing in a whole apart of falehood Sammee? You're telling me if I sing words of truth it's still falsehood that I am preaching? When they are talking about music, they are talking about haram music. There is halal and haram music. You are telling me that there isn't no such thing as halal music and haram music.

Music is apart of some culture also. A big part of some culture. The Prophet(saw) told us not to change the culture of a people, but to change there religion. So who are us to misintrepret ahadith, ayat and tafsir of Qur'an?

Once again you declare certain facts without providing proof. I ask that you find sources in the future, as it makes your declarations not believable.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 04:05 PM
What did Muhammad(saw) say when Abu(ra) said this?
he said leave them, "because its eid".
but he didnt say "do not call it the shaytaans instruments".

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:09 PM

Once again you declare certain facts without providing proof. I ask that you find sources in the future, as it makes your declarations not believable.
Are you going to beleive different if, when I post proof?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
he said leave them, "because its eid".
but he didnt say "do not call it the shaytaans instruments".
And what instruments are talking about here?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 04:10 PM
And what instruments are talking about here?
SAHIH BUKHARI
Volume 2, Book 15, Number 70:
Narrated Aisha:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signalled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.

you tell me inshaAllah

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Abd Majid, you are calling things haram without sirect proof and then are asking me to tell you? I don't know, and being that there is no proof I will not be foolish to say that something is haram when there is no proof that it is.

The hadith you posted said MUSIC OF SHAITAN, there is also Music of GOD. What does singing about 2 wars have to do with praising God?

Iconoclast
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...4evXf4A0oQ514R

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 04:18 PM
brother i thought you was asking me if music is haram, i know nasheeds are not haram. lol what a misconception this has been :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-18-2006, 04:22 PM
bro, i tink u nid 2 research more.. music is haram.. ders aloda of evidence in the qu'raan and sunnah.. sooo i dont know where u got that idea 4rm :?

the duff is the only permissible instrument.

Iconoclast
07-18-2006, 04:45 PM
MUSIC IS THE IJAD (INVENTION) OF SHAITAN AND IT WAS 1ST PLAYED BY HIM AT A FESTIVAL OF THE PEOPLE OF KAABIL ( Habil & Qabil =Cain & Abel)THE EVIL BROTHER OF HAABIL AND A SON OF AADAM (SAW)

================================================== ======
HADHRAT Abdullah Ibn Abbaas (Radiallaahu Anhu) narrates the following Hadith of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi was sallam):

"Iblis, the accursed one petitioned Allah Ta'ala "O my Rabb! You have sent down Aadam (Alayhi salaam) onto the earth and You know that for him will be sent Revelations and Messengers.

What will be his Books and how will be his Messengers?"

Allah Ta'ala replied: "I will send Angels to them (progeny of Adam) and from them (mankind) will raise Messengers. Their revelations will be the Tauraah, Injeel, Zabur and the Quraan.

Iblis said: "What will be my book?"

The Divine Answer came: "Your writing will be to tattoo; your reciting will be poetry;

your messengers will be the fortune-tellers and astrologists; your food will be that food on which Bismillaah was not recited;
your drink will be alcohol;
your truth will be falsehood;
your home will be the toilets;
your net (to ensnare) will be women;
your muezzin will be the musical instruments,
and your musjid will be the market-place."
===============================================
Music is Haraam

References within the context of the Holy Qur`aan along with the Hadith of the Prophet confirm that music is haraam.
Interpreters of the Qur`aan have defined the term `lahwal hadith` which is mentioned in the Qur`aan as:

1) Singing and listening to songs.
2) Purchasing of male and female singers.
3) Purchase of instruments of fun and amusement.

When Sayyidana Abdullah Ibne Mas`ood , a very close companion of our Prophet was asked about the meaning of the term `lahwal hadith`, he replied

“I swear by Him besides whom there is no other God,that it refers to ghinaa (singing ).”
This statement, he repeated three times. This view is unanimously supported by the four Khalifas, the eminent Sahabaah, Tabi`een, the four Imaams and other reliable Islaamic scholars and authorities.

One hadith from the Bukhari Shareef, the most authentic Book of Hadith, further confirms unlawfulness of music and singing :

`There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments ).`
Detailed analysis of the arabic word `ma`aazif ` shows that it refers to musical instruments, the sounds of those musical instruments and singing with the accompaniment of instruments.

Closer analysis of the wordings of the Hadith establishes the prohibition of music. Firstly, the words `seek to make lawful ` shows that music is not permissible, as logically one can only seek to make lawful that which is not allowed. Secondly, if music was not prohibited, then it would not have been brought within the same context as fornication and wine-drinking.
======================================
MUSIC - IT`S EFFECTS

Muslims are aware that nothing has been prohibited by Allah except that which is harmful to the welfare of a Muslim individual and the society as a whole. The divine attribute behind the prohibition of music can be comprehended by looking into the diverse influence music can have.

Experiments carried out by doctors and professors have confirmed that the music of today is such that it does not only affect the brain, but each and every organ of one`s body. There is a close relationship between music and bodily movements. We find that people listening to music automatically start tapping their fingers and feet, as if the music is permeating in their blood.

It is also proved that music affect`s one`s emotions, increases arousal in terms of alertness and excitement and also leads to various physiological changes in the person. In a psychology experiment, it was found that listening to moderate type of music increased one`s normal heart beat, whilst listening to rock music the heart beat increased even further, yet people claim that music has no effect.

It is a very ignorant and misguided attitude to percieve music as a form of pleasure and passing of time, since the messages of today`s music follow a general theme of love, fornication, drugs and freedom.

We find that the whole world is obsessed with the kufr idea of freedom, i.e. freedom of speech, freedom of movement, etc. In western schools and universities, we observe independence, free expression and secular thinking being encouraged. This idea of freedom, “ It`s my life, I`ll do what I want” is a predominant, underlying theme of today`s music. It is being used as a means for drilling western ideologies, which are totally contrary to Islamic Shariah and values, into the minds of Muslims.

One should abstain from evil audacities such as listening to music and encourage others to do the same too.

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL TO THE STRAIGHT PATH-
AMEEN.

==========================
Aslam Wa Alikum Wa Rahmatallah

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Music is haram like apsotacy is punishable by death. I give up. Carry on. Many people followed the ways of their fathers, rejecting what is permissible by God.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
brother i thought you was asking me if music is haram, i know nasheeds are not haram. lol what a misconception this has been :p
This is wahat I was saying. Godly music. (Nasheeds is not haram). So we can't say MUSIC is haram, we have to be specific and say "certain music" is haram.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
we've gave u so much proof bro, if ur stil not acceptn show us some of ur proof.. ur denyin the facts, the basic facts.. its not hard 2 understand that music is haram by all the refrences we'v gave u.. at da end of da day, u tink wot u fink iz ryt and leave uz b.. oki?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-18-2006, 05:02 PM
This is wahat I was saying. Godly music. (Nasheeds is not haram). So we can't say MUSIC is haram, we have to be specific and say "certain music" is haram.
if the nasheed has no instruments or only had the duff in it den its ok.. but anythin other than the duff its haram..

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:04 PM
You gave me NO proof by Qur'an or ahadith that ALL music is haram. You gave me proof that MUSIC OF SHAITAN is haram, and I agree that it is. Your post that said Music was invented by Shaytan therefore it is haram has no weight if the duff (a musical instrument is permissible.)

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
we've gave u so much proof bro, if ur stil not acceptn show us some of ur proof.. ur denyin the facts, the basic facts.. its not hard 2 understand that music is haram by all the refrences we'v gave u.. at da end of da day, u tink wot u fink iz ryt and leave uz b.. oki?
How can I leave you when you are misinterpreting things?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
if the nasheed has no instruments or only had the duff in it den its ok.. but anythin other than the duff its haram..
Why is the duff permissible and not other instruements?

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Plus, some instruments were created posthumous, so who made them illegal in Islam? I don't understand this, please help me to understand this.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Agreed !

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 05:14 PM
salah ha-din i was shown the proof by dr.zakir naik but if i ever find it again i'l post it asap inshaAllah

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Proof with Qur'an and/or Ahadith refferences brother?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Proof with Qur'an and/or Ahadith refferences brother?
yes bro :), dr.zakir naik ALWAYS provides proof seeing as his "viewed" as a salaf he doesnt rely on just an imams opinion he shows his own proof. This is the main reason i have agreed with his view, the proof he gave was good enough for me.

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Cool. I like him already!
There's nothing better than direct proof. This way we are not left to assumptions. I'll wait for you to post his words. :D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Cool. I like him already!
There's nothing better than direct proof. This way we are not left to assumptions. I'll wait for you to post his words. :D
its in the midst of one of these videos:

http://www.irf.net/irf/videogallery/index.htm

lol i cant go through them all :X, forgive me, if i ever run into it i'll let you know inshaAllah

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Do you know what it is titled? I can't find it. I see that it has one of my favorite listed: Dr. Ahmed Deedat. May Allah ta'ala grant him Paradise.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
ye Ahmed Deedat is zakir naiks teacher, i think Deedat was the best though :D

may Allah grant him jannah Ameen!

bro im sry i dont kno which one it was :?, its in the question and answer section of one of them..

Salah ad-din
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I love Deedat. I have so many of his lectures. I'll find it inshaAllah.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Deedat, mashallah he was wikid! may allah grant him paradise.. :)

yup dt woz dr zakir naik teacher.. dr zakir naik, iz amazin! hes so cleva mashallah

Hijrah
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Music is def. Haraam, read it here: http://thetruewayoflife.blogspot.com...and-faith.html

I'm asking about Nasheeds there has to be something done to make it usic which would make it haraam, and what would that be?

Muhammad
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM

Please see:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

and for other threads about the issue: http://www.islamicboard.com/405605-post2.html

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.