/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Default Salaam (Peace)

A7med
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
:sl:

i was wondering, many of us (INCULDING MYSELF) forget to put
:sl: or 'salaam' at the beginning of our posts/threads

is there anyway the Admins can make a default option in which all posts will start and end with somtin like:

"Salaam (Peace)"

just an idea

--------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 27:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A person asked Allah's Apostle . "What (sort of) deeds in or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" He replied, "To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you don't know."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
07-20-2006, 01:07 PM

hey cool idea, but what about the nonmuslims? :?

------
07-20-2006, 01:08 PM

Well there can be like a chek box and if u want the arabic asslamu alaikum at the beggining then u chek the box? just an idea...

:w:

A7med
07-20-2006, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

hey cool idea, but what about the nonmuslims? :?
thats why it will have "(peace)" at the beginning :S

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
07-20-2006, 01:57 PM
lol^

true said...But then again.....

Default is ok, there is no harm in greeting peace to non muslims.....Besides:

Assalamu 'alaykum Means Peace be upon You in arabic, there is a singular, dual and plural, and this is you as plural, meaning that it's for 3 or more people.....Although sometimes this form is used as a respective form.....

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 02:39 PM
lol you lazy people ;D ;D

cleo
07-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Salaam, I will remember...thank you.

Halima
07-23-2006, 02:31 PM

This is just like using a calculator on a math test to cheat. If you use the default salaam, then what is the point of the good deed to remember it?

It teaches people laziness in a kind of way in my opinion.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
^ ye thats what i meant by:

format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
lol you lazy people

Kittygyal
07-23-2006, 08:15 PM
thats true even though many of mumlims whom have reverted just like me or even non-muslims should learn ok "salam" is for muslims to say but many non-muslims don't even greet one another but then again i don't so all good, but but but we can "TRY" :p

Hijaabi22
07-23-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah and another thing, every1 knows i luv pink but sumtyms i cant be asked to highlight all ma post , bold it, change the font and color it pink IS THERE ANY WAY ALL MY POSTS CAN AUTOMATICALLY LUK LIKE THAT lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.