/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Used Wine Glasses

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
:salamext:

In some weddings they serve drinks in glasses which have been used to serve wine. Should we avoid using this?

PS: I dont use them, just knowledge incase i gotta explain it 2 others :)

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
07-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I suppose the obvious question is: Have they been washed?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 05:37 PM
yep plenty o times, so duz that make it ok to use :?, btw "I DIDNT WITNESS THE WASHING", so theres always the chance of some remnants remaining :confused:

H4RUN
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
:sl:
erm take the glass to the gents and wash it again :giggling: mind you,may look a bit suspicious lol
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Wait, are you just worrying about drinking from a wine glass?

As in, you're worried that drinking from a glass that is used to serve wine, even if the glass is totally clean, is somehow haraam?

H4run, don't do that. Everyone will say you're going to get some of the 'home brand'

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 05:46 PM
LOL muezzin, no im saying the glass is in a wedding hall served by caterers who have used said glass to serve wine at a previous occasion :)

Kittygyal
07-20-2006, 05:48 PM
well basically it doesn't mean ONLY wine has been served in there just cause wine has been put in there many people drink from all kind of glasses (christains) so if they drink from a normal glass does that mean you can't dring from ti?? ahan i don't think so! as long as they are washed am sure thats fine cause at the end of the day it's not like as if your drinking the wine now is it??

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
put it this way, i wouldnt eat chips fried with in an oil which was previously used to fry pork, therefore should i really be using this wine glass which previously was used to drink wine :eek:

Kittygyal
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
put it this way, i would eat chips fried with in an oil which was previously used to fry pork, therefore should i really be using this wine glass which previously was used to drink wine :eek:

well if it has been served in that kind of way and you don't like wine then it's better of if you don't drink from it and ask the "person" whom give you it to provide you another glass!

H4RUN
07-20-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

H4run, don't do that. Everyone will say you're going to get some of the 'home brand'
;D :giggling: ;D LOL@ home brand........vivd imagination lad lol

Djinn
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
yep plenty o times, so duz that make it ok to use :?, btw "I DIDNT WITNESS THE WASHING", so theres always the chance of some remnants remaining :confused:

You can take the easy way out of this dilemma and use a glass that is not used to serve wine.:)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Djinn
You can take the easy way out of this dilemma and use a glass that is not used to serve wine.:)
yes i do that but my main question is we are taught in islam to "avoid the doubtful", therefore when warning others is it ok for me to say that "its completely wrong" to drink from said glass?

Djinn
07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
yes i do that but my main question is we are taught in islam to "avoid the doubtful", therefore when warning others is it ok for me to say that "its completely wrong" to drink from said glass?

It depends on the situation where in what condition is the glass is handed out to the guests. If it is clean no problem (it is just a glass that is made from fused sand), if not cleaned properly, then warn. But what would I do in your place, is that I would warn other Muslims about this just to be on the safe side and omit using glasses that have been used for alcohol. From experience, some people don't clean their dishes very well.+o(

So yeah, you have the responsibilty to warn others that it is wrong if there is a doubt.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-20-2006, 06:26 PM
lol Agreed !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.