PDA

View Full Version : Some Non-Muslim Members



Ghazi
07-20-2006, 11:25 PM
:sl:

I have noticed that some non-muslim members seem so egar to bring up any topic which shows an idiviual commiting a crime, why? Are you trying to get a point across cause I tell you now you aint gonna knock anyone's iman, heck I might aswell just bring up any crime commited by a westerner and bring up the word kafir cause thats what your doing instead of having intelligent debate you seem to be focusing on crimes commited by indiviuals, and don't bother giving me that "It's done in the name of islam" line cause it isn't and anyone who says diffrently is a lier, simply go and study from a respectable shiek and not from the media and you'll see what islam is until you do so please don't bother trying to judge islam cause lets face it even though you might not admit it thats the aim a smear campaigne which has no hope of victory.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Looking4Peace
07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
You are so right, alot of them on here (not all) just want to knock people down but then if u say something bad about them they cant take it for a second.
Reply

Woodrow
07-20-2006, 11:38 PM
True there are some that come here for the solitary purpose of causing trouble or to engage in name calling. For those there is a solution. It is called ignoring them for what they are........TROLLS. Ignoring is the most effective device for quieting a troll.

Then we have others who come here because they do not understand us and truly want to learn to live in Peace with us. Those we do our best to answer truthfully and with love. Perhaps some of their replies may seem initialy offensive, but that is not derogatory, it is merely a statement that they do not believe the same as we do. We still need to be compassionat towards them and let them see what a Muslim really is.

We also have some that come seeking knowledge. They will be true debaters and speak with reason and logic. They may never believe as we do, but we need to show them the same respect they show us.
Reply

limitless
07-20-2006, 11:40 PM
:sl:

I diffinatley agree with both of you. You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive.

:w:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Panatella
07-20-2006, 11:49 PM
It is true that some people come here for that purpose, it is obvious. But it is not just nonmuslims. Therer are also a few muslim members doing the same. It is just a people thing. In every group there will be troublemakers.
Reply

Halima
07-20-2006, 11:57 PM
:sl:

The best way to handle this situation is that not matter what, do not treat them the same way they treat you- always be nicer ( go that extra mile) and then once they see how realistic you are then one day you may never know they will start to listen to you and they wouldn't be so offended when you give constructive critisicm.

:w:
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Some muslims are fanaticle and can't be reasoned with.
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 12:02 AM
fanatics run in every population, stop the pointing
Reply

Ghazi
07-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Some muslims are fanaticle and can't be reasoned with.
Your point being! You arn't a muslim so really you aint got no right judging anyone's iman and that's all I'm going to say on that.
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:06 AM
LOL! It was partly a joke and partly an experiment.
Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

I diffinatley agree with both of you. You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive.

:w:
I wanted to see if anyone would bite for the obvious rebuttle to the post by limitless. (you did!) Relax people. Friend, not foe. (who are you to question my faith?)
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I said something "bad" about muslims and you took it so seriously and offensive.
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 12:08 AM
lol no i didnt im just stating that fanatics run in every population including people who are not religious at all.
Reply

Ghazi
07-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
LOL! It was partly a joke and partly an experiment.

I wanted to see if anyone would bite for the obvious rebuttle to the post by limitless. (you did!) Relax people. Friend, not foe. (who are you to question my faith?)
Beacuse you ain't muslim I'm I wrong?
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 12:13 AM
also some non muslim members go out of their way to defend others attacking muslims no matter what the reason is yet when a muslim does something small that doesnt even compare or call for such aggression they defend it, making me sick lately, theres a number of people i would love to block so i wouldnt have to see their blunt hate
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey, one topic at a time! You must admit you walked right into that one, and it was quite obviously a (friendly) trap. Right after limitless says "You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive", and I said something kind of "bad". You walked right into it. Sorry. It was a setup. But I was just having a bit of fun. I'll "try" not to pull any more jokes.
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
also some non muslim members go out of their way to defend others attacking muslims no matter what the reason is yet when a muslim does something small that doesnt even compare or call for such aggression they defend it, making me sick lately, theres a number of people i would love to block so i wouldnt have to see their blunt hate
I think you can. What does the ignore function do? I have not tried it.
Reply

Ghazi
07-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Hey, one topic at a time! You must admit you walked right into that one, and it was quite obviously a (friendly) trap. Right after limitless says "You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive", and I said something kind of "bad". You walked right into it. Sorry. It was a setup. But I was just having a bit of fun. I'll "try" not to pull any more jokes.
Answer the question you muslim or not, Trust me bro you don't want to be a hyprocrite so just change your way of life again If I'm wrong about you tell me.
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 12:18 AM
u didnt set me up , my answer was every group has fanatics, hence every including muslims, who are u talking about? are u feeling ok? and then yea i went on to say some members are obviously hateful, do u want me to gather certain peoples posts? i never had a problem with u or read anything negative that u have said, so dont take this as an attack.
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
u didnt set me up so get off ur highhorse, my answer was every group has fanatics, hence every including muslims, who are u talking about? are u feeling ok? and then yea i went on to say some members are obviously hateful, do u want me to gather certain peoples posts? i never had a problem with u or read anything negative that u have said, so dont take this as an attack.
Crystal, take it easy......Relax.. I was talking about Islam_truth walking into that one. Chill. It's ok. Can I get back up on my highhorse now? The view is fantastic up there!
Reply

Dahir
07-21-2006, 12:27 AM
[MOUSE]Muhammud is on his way to close this Thread! :D [/MOUSE]

:threadclo
Reply

Looking4Peace
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
lol i edited it and u still got the high horse part, funny. sorry bro u didnt specify and i jumped to conclusions.
Reply

Dahir
07-21-2006, 12:37 AM
[MOUSE]Hey, Dahir, its Muhammud, what's the deal?[/MOUSE]

[MOUSE]A couple of people in here are BEEFING!! STOP THE MADNESS!![/MOUSE]

:offended:

[MAD]Here you go, you BEEFY monsters!!!![/MAD]

:threadclo
Reply

Joe98
07-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
I have noticed that some non-muslim members ….bring up any topic which shows an individual committing a crime, why?

(Muslim individual, I presume - Joe98)

In the West we have secular laws. People live under secular laws first and from time to time also practise their religious laws. But there is a great separation between their secular life and their religious life.

For example, some people are very nice most of the time but in their business practises they will get away with anything they can. And so in the West there are courses in business ethics. Even good Christians need to go to these courses

I suspect in Muslim countries such courses are not required for the reason that Muslims do not separate their religious life from their business life.

As a result when a Christian does something bad he would never justify it with a passage from the bible – he knows it’s wrong.

When a Muslim does something bad he will sometimes justify it with a passage from the Koran – because he does not separate his religious life from the rest of his life.

Then the West can point and say “Look at what Islam teaches!”



Originally Posted by Halima
The best way to handle this situation is that not matter what, do not treat them the same way they treat you - always be nicer

That is very Christian of you :brother:
Reply

Dahir
07-21-2006, 12:46 AM
That is very Christian of you :brother:
That is very Atheist of you :coolbro:

...now who's Cooler? :D
Reply

Ghazi
07-21-2006, 12:46 AM
:sl:

Then the West can point and say “Look at what Islam teaches!”
That's what idoits do, If you go out and Rape and kill random people and then I go look at what your parents teach is that fair, Bro I challange you before even posting another article about crimes of an idividual go study islam from a shiek then you'll see where I'm comming from.
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

I diffinatley agree with both of you. You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive.

:w:
Islam-truth, you're doing it again! Just the way limitless stated. Joe made a mild statement (not even necessarily his opinion) and you have took it "so seriously and offensive."
It is only humorous because of the start of this thread and the statement by limitless.

Relax, don't take it so "seriously and offensive".



Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

That's what idoits do, If you go out and Rape and kill random people and then I go look at what your parents teach is that fair, Bro I challange you before even posting another article about crimes of an idividual go study islam from a shiek then you'll see where I'm comming from.
Reply

M H Kahn
07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Some muslims are fanaticle and can't be reasoned with.
Not Muslims alone, fanatics are everywhere in each stratum of the population. They cannot be reasoned with because they do not like to think impartially; they are often obsessed with what they have heard or learnt from their misconceived or misguided idols. Despite this, you have to perceive that what may seem 'reason' to you may appear quite 'unreason' to others. Only Allah knows whom He will guide to His light.
Reply

north_malaysian
07-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Snakelegs is the best non-muslim forummer here. She understands us and willingly to learn more about us, in order to understand more about us.

[BANANA]BRAVO!! TAHNIAH!![/BANANA]
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by M H Kahn
Not Muslims alone, fanatics are everywhere in each stratum of the population. They cannot be reasoned with because they do not like to think impartially; they are often obsessed with what they have heard or learnt from their misconceived or misguided idols. Despite this, you have to perceive that what may seem 'reason' to you may appear quite 'unreason' to others. Only Allah knows whom He will guide to His light.
Hi Kahn, I think you missed the point. In earlier posts it is explained.
Reply

Woodrow
07-21-2006, 02:31 AM
In my opinion this thread is becoming quite frivilous. May we return to replying to each other with respect. I'm having a difficult time justifying this thread to myself.
Reply

mujahedeen2087
07-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

I have noticed that some non-muslim members seem so egar to bring up any topic which shows an idiviual commiting a crime, why? Are you trying to get a point across cause I tell you now you aint gonna knock anyone's iman, heck I might aswell just bring up any crime commited by a westerner and bring up the word kafir cause thats what your doing instead of having intelligent debate you seem to be focusing on crimes commited by indiviuals, and don't bother giving me that "It's done in the name of islam" line cause it isn't and anyone who says diffrently is a lier, simply go and study from a respectable shiek and not from the media and you'll see what islam is until you do so please don't bother trying to judge islam cause lets face it even though you might not admit it thats the aim a smear campaigne which has no hope of victory.
true a few of these non muslim members i feel are just here to start trouble and but us down. it is about time someone realized what is going on in here.
Reply

mujahedeen2087
07-21-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
I said something "bad" about muslims and you took it so seriously and offensive.
STOP!!! YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO START A FIGHT
Reply

Panatella
07-21-2006, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
STOP!!! YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO START A FIGHT
Uh?....No....Read the thread from the start. You will see. It was a joke. I was having some fun. It was a setup (for fun), and people fell for it (and still are). Lighten up, better yet, read the thread before responding.
I will recap. Pay attention to the following.
Originally Posted by limitless
:sl:

I diffinatley agree with both of you. You say something "bad" about Jewish or Christians, they take it so seriously and offensive.:w:
Some muslims are fanaticle and can't be reasoned with.
(angry response)
Your point being! You arn't.....!@%$&#*....
Originally Posted by Panatella
LOL! It was partly a joke and partly an experiment.

I wanted to see if anyone would bite for the obvious rebuttle to the post by limitless. (you did!) Relax people. Friend, not foe.
Reply

Asyur an-Nagi
07-21-2006, 04:36 AM
eyyy, relax gangz! in this kind of forum we will see so many "mr.knocking people down" and "mr.if u say something bad about me i cant take it for a second." it
merely proves that such posters exist in our way of exchanging ideas and widening our knowledge. don't sweat them.
Reply

dianputri
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
let them here,,,
they can learn islam and muslim
perhaps someday ALLAH Almighty will give them Hidayah and show them the best way.
who knows ?
Reply

north_malaysian
07-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by dianputri
let them here,,,
they can learn islam and muslim
perhaps someday ALLAH Almighty will give them Hidayah and show them the best way.
who knows ?
If a non-Muslim suddenly became a Muslim in this forum.....it's a HISTORICAL EVENT for this forum!!!
Reply

nennar
07-21-2006, 09:51 AM
salaam alaikum!

what is exactly going on here?????????????
Reply

SirZubair
07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
"Be like the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hands which crush it."
-Ali (RA)

"A Believer is like a tree. You throw rocks at it, it replies you with fruit."
Reply

------
07-21-2006, 10:04 AM
LOL erm ok ... **tries to contain her laughter in** ... ... ... :giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling:
Reply

SirZubair
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
:sl:

After reading through this entire thread,..i am confused.

What has Panatella done that was so bad :?

Panatella made a joke, deal with it people. He isn't the one on the high horse.

Now PLAY NICE, get back on the topic, or else i will stop being Nice-Zubair and will get back to Nasty-Zubair and will start making people cry again...

...we don't want that, do we my precious? :p


Wa'salaam
Reply

nennar
07-21-2006, 10:13 AM
salaam alaikum!

i will give some of you in this thread right! ..there are a few in this forum , whos not muslim! and all they do is argue against all islam stands for! so pantella! you made fun?????? well uyou got what you wanted....... you made some off us angry and sad.....welldone....... so you did your job..hmmmm... MUSLIMS TOGHETER WE STAY STRONG
Reply

SirZubair
07-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by nennar
salaam alaikum!

i will give some of you in this thread right! ..there are a few in this forum , whos not muslim! and all they do is argue against all islam stands for! so pantella! you made fun?????? well uyou got what you wanted....... you made some off us angry and sad.....welldone....... so you did your job..hmmmm... MUSLIMS TOGHETER WE STAY STRONG

:sl:

For the second time,WHAT did he say that has upset people so much?

The 'fanatical' comment?

Yes, the truth does hurt. Lets learn to deal with the truth, rather than getting angry at people for pointing it out.

To be honest, i am suprised at some of the posters in this thread, you're behaving like.,...you didn't know fanatics existed until today :? Open your eyes,smell the cow dung in the air,..the world isn't how it looks. People arent what they seem.

Wa'salaam.
Reply

Halima
07-21-2006, 02:33 PM
:sl:

First of all, may Allah(swt) forgive us if we have offended anyone in anyway.

I've noticed a few things in this thread that I would like to address.

1) The smart unnecessary remarks- they are not needed and eventually what will happen is that someone will get hurt.

2) The immaturity. Some people are trying to understand this situation while others are joking or laughing their heads off and many wonder why so many people get so offensive.

Please don't feel the need to add in a little remark because that can turn this thread around 360 degrees.

Please think twice before what you want to write.

Allahu'Alm and Allah knows best.


:w:
Reply

Eddi
07-21-2006, 02:50 PM
:sl:
I have noticed that due to some people attacking Islam, it has affected the forums attitude towards some of those people who are genuinely here to learn about Islam. This is where you need to be a little bit more calm, when dealing with these people it is sometimes very hard to tell what is going on. I do not wish to mention any names, but one person registered with UI after being banned from here, but he has still not posted his question on the forum. He gave his reason that it might offend people and he might get banned from there.
AlHamdulillah the guy is now a muslim, I read a post by him where he says that he got replies from some scholars and one or two people who are unknown. This got him satisfied with what he wanted to know about. I request you all to be more careful with your replies, because some people may be insulting you without knowing that they are. They might not even mean it. As for those here to attack Islam, there is not a single attack that cannot be refuted.
Reply

nennar
07-21-2006, 03:09 PM
salaam alaikum!

salaam eddie! you are right in what you are saying!... and i do hope that they learn all the good things there are to know about islam..... may allah open there minds... inchaallah
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by dianputri
let them here,,,
they can learn islam and muslim
perhaps someday ALLAH Almighty will give them Hidayah and show them the best way.
who knows ?
I'm glad to say i'm more than content in my religion, it offers me everything that i deisre, so i'll not be looking for this 'best way' as i've already found it :)
Reply

AHMED_GUREY
07-21-2006, 03:33 PM
:sl:

pannatella you have people in this world who think blowing up a duck is funny and therefore experiment

that doesn't mean it's right

be careful that you don't offend people cause not everyone shares the same humour

i personnaly like to debate issue's with non muslim members doesn't matter wich forum i'm on

not does it only help me train for real debates in real life but sometimes i also learn from them

those that scream terrorist this terrorist that i don't have time for those types

but sometimes like when heigou asked about muslim female writers i learned that we have so many female scholars in islam who contributed and preserved large portion of hadith

you see these discussions can benefit you a lot and i always gain more knowlegde about my deen in the process

:w:
Reply

nennar
07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
salaam alaikum!
ahmed gurey!...

i just want to say that you are so right in all you say! but that a small porion of nonmuslims just debat to make trouble! i to want to be able to talk to all.... and inchaallah we will be able to do that
Reply

AHMED_GUREY
07-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by nennar
salaam alaikum!
ahmed gurey!...

i just want to say that you are so right in all you say! but that a small porion of nonmuslims just debat to make trouble! i to want to be able to talk to all.... and inchaallah we will be able to do that

insha-allah we will sis

the fastest way i learned to gain knowlegde about the deen is trough debates cause when non muslims project ridicilous or stereotypical or insulting claims towards islam you are forced to use real information about the deen to defend it and refute the claims in question

you learning about islam and defending it at the same time

;D nice
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-21-2006, 09:05 PM
:sl:

Too much offtopicness and since this thread is no longer of any educational value nor of any benefit it will be

:threadclo

:w:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 12:09 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 10:05 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!