PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Arabic



Arwa
05-27-2005, 10:25 PM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I hope that you are all in the best of health and imaan insha'Allah. :sister:

Has anyone done/is doing Arabic GCSE?

I think I kinda need help :D
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danish
05-27-2005, 10:46 PM
:sl:
nope, never done that
Reply

Arwa
05-28-2005, 02:19 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Anyone else? :'(
Reply

Danish
05-28-2005, 03:23 PM
:sl:
Anyone else?
*****huge echo*****

nope, i think u r the only one...bet u feel precious now?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Arwa
05-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Danish
:sl:
*****huge echo*****

nope, i think u r the only one...bet u feel precious now?

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

:lol:

Precious? :'(
Reply

Muhammad
05-28-2005, 03:32 PM
:sl:

I know ppl who are using a GCSE arabic vocabulary book to learn arabic...maybe you should get one of those. What kind of stuff do you need help on?
Reply

Arwa
05-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Muhammad
:sl:

I know ppl who are using a GCSE arabic vocabulary book to learn arabic...maybe you should get one of those. What kind of stuff do you need help on?

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Yup, I've got a vocab book .. I even have an Arabic dictionary :confused: .. :lol:

but, errm..I was thinkning maybe someone could help me byyyyyy asking questins in Arabic and me answering?

I just need to practise my Arabic.. :'(
Reply

A7med
05-28-2005, 04:08 PM
TWO years till i do my GCSEs, so sorry
Reply

Arwa
05-28-2005, 04:11 PM
lol ..

thahabtu ila ad dukkaan wa ra'aytu sadiqati indaha ouyoon kadhraa'

That's looking dodgy! ^ :confused:
Reply

soulja-ess
05-28-2005, 09:07 PM
:sl:

i thnk alatee induha wud be beta coz induha is just she has and alatee induha is like...that has...neways i fink both can b ryt though :D

okay say......i have an arabic exam next (wenever ur exam is...eg month/year) and i need help revising for it please...

ill look for my past exam papers and post some of the q'z inshallah if i can find them

:w:
Reply

Arwa
05-28-2005, 09:13 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

My Arabic exam is in June..in 2 weeks insha'Allah.. thought not GCSE, but based on GCSE papers.. I'll be taking GCSE's next year insha'Allah but still, I need help :p

I also have lot's of past papers ..
Reply

Danish
05-28-2005, 09:17 PM
:sl:
Marhana...haza forum al islamia...men zalika Al-Danish...

maaaaaaaaaaaaan.......my arabic is non-exitant :'(
Reply

Arwa
05-28-2005, 09:19 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

you mean marhaba* :p ;) typo I know :sister:

Insha'Allah it will improve :D
Reply

Arwa
05-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed
:sl:

:D Arabic Challenge is back there at Halal Fun . . . but this is a piece of cake . . . Alhamdulillah . . .

Thahabtu illa-l-dukkaan wa ra`aitu (laqeetu is actually the correct one to use, not ra`aitu) sadeeqi-llathee 'indahoo 'ainain khadaran . . . :shade:

Eyes also come before colour as noun is before adjective unlike English . . .

:w:

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu


Lol..I know it is :p ..but I wanted something GCSE style.. that's why I was on the look for the GCSE people :lol:

Isn't laqeetu met?
Brother Muhammad said 'saw' so I typed ra'aytu :-[

Also, ainain khadran, you can say khadraa' too no?

Anyways..I was close :zip:
Reply

أحمد
05-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu


Lol..I know it is :p ..but I wanted something GCSE style.. that's why I was on the look for the GCSE people :lol:

Isn't laqeetu met?
Brother Muhammad said 'saw' so I typed ra'aytu :-[

Also, ainain khadran, you can say khadraa' too no?

Anyways..I was close :zip:
:sl:

:D "Laqeetu", because "I come across" an animate object (human); otherwise you can also say "nazartu" (which means: I saw (this is normally when you see anything)). "Ra`aitu" is used if you have a vision or if you see someone doing something; :shade: e.g. ra`aitu rajulan fee yadihee halqatum-min sufr . . .

:w:
Reply

Arwa
05-29-2005, 03:13 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

aaah right okay :D
Reply

أحمد
05-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
Also, ainain khadran, you can say khadraa' too no?
:sl:

:D Also I must point out that the two highlighted words are the same; just that then way its written in English is different. This is because of the ending with an Alif with a tanween on it . . . :shade:

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Okies..
Somone ask me questions about:

- My house

- My school

- Weather

Please. :sister:

...and then I will answer back in Arabic without looking at my book, and then you check it for me please. :zip:
Reply

أحمد
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Okies..
Somone ask me questions about:

- My house

- My school

- Weather

Please. :sister:

...and then I will answer back in Arabic without looking at my book, and then you check it for me please. :zip:
:sl:

:shade: GCSE is easy enough . . . (Remember; you don't speak this formally in a social conversation)
:D Aina taskunee?
:) Maa takhbirnee 'an baytiki?
:D Aiyyi madrasatillathi tadrissena feehaa?
:) Maa takhbirnee 'an madrasatiki?
:p Kaifal-jaww fee manaatiqatiki?

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Did you take GCSE Arabic?! :omg:

Aina taskunee?
Askun fi bayt munfasal.


Maa takhbirnee 'an baytiki?
Does that mean ^ what do you think of your house? :zip:


Aiyyi madrasatillathi tadrissena feehaa?
adrus fi <ism al madrissah ;) )


Maa takhbirnee 'an madrasatiki?
Same as Q2 but school?

Kaifal-jaww fee manaatiqatiki?
Al jou ahyaanan mu'tadil wa ahyaanan haar walaakin ghaaliban baarid.


Uh oh :zip:
Reply

أحمد
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
Does that mean ^ what do you think of your house? :zip:
:sl:

:) It means: what can you tell me about your house. Basically; can you tell me a bit about your house is what it means . . .

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

ooooooooooorite okay... :thumbs_up

I'm going to be typing what insha'Allah I will be using for my exam to save confusion :confused: ..but without looking at my book. :thumbs_up

bayti munfasl wa kabeer fihi khamsata ashar ghuraf minha khams lil nowm, wa ghurfataan lil ma3eesha, wa wahid lil ta3aam kama wahid matbakh wasi3, thalaatha hamaamaat wa maraafiq sahiyya. 3indana hadeeqataan, amaam al bayt wahida wal ukhra khalf al bayt wa hadeeqa sagheera bijaanib al bayt.
Al hadeeqa khalf al bayt kabeera.
3indana keraaj wa nastakhdimhu makhzan.


School:

madrissati taqa3 fi muntaqa jameela bi<al ism al muntaqa ;) ) wa tuheet biha albuyoot min jamee3 al jihaat.
yajoud qa3itayn ihdahuma litanaawul ta3aam al ghadaa' wal ukhra litajm3 as sabaah.
madrissati heeya sagheera wa yajoud sitta daroos fi al yowm.


:zip: :zip: :zip: :zip:

I've done really bad in my second one.. I can feel it. :zip:
Reply

أحمد
06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

ooooooooooorite okay... :thumbs_up

I'm going to be typing what insha'Allah I will be using for my exam to save confusion :confused: ..but without looking at my book. :thumbs_up

bayti munfasl wa kabeer fihi khamsata ashar ghuraf minha khams lil nowm, wa ghurfataan lil ma3eesha, wa wahid lil ta3aam kama wahid matbakh wasi3, thalaatha hamaamaat wa maraafiq sahiyya. 3indana hadeeqataan, amaam al bayt wahida wal ukhra khalf al bayt wa hadeeqa sagheera bijaanib al bayt.
Al hadeeqa khalf al bayt kabeera.
3indana keraaj wa nastakhdimhu makhzan.


School:

madrissati taqa3 fi muntaqa jameela bi<al ism al muntaqa ;) ) wa tuheet biha albuyoot min jamee3 al jihaat.
yajoud qa3itayn ihdahuma litanaawul ta3aam al ghadaa' wal ukhra litajm3 as sabaah.
madrissati heeya sagheera wa yajoud sitta daroos fi al yowm.


:zip: :zip: :zip: :zip:

I've done really bad in my second one.. I can feel it. :zip:
:sl:

:shade: I think you've done well. Maa-Shaa-Allah . . . A* for speaking, for writing you would just need more details; al-bayt - ghurfah - lawnuhaa ila aakhirih . . . :p

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed
:sl:

:shade: I think you've done well. Maa-Shaa-Allah . . . A* for speaking, for writing you would just need more details; al-bayt - ghurfah - lawnuhaa ila aakhirih . . . :p

:w:

wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Oh yeahI forgot to talk about my bedroom and what's in it and the colour. :-[

Isn't what I have written for school too little? *unsure*
Reply

أحمد
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Oh yeahI forgot to talk about my bedroom and what's in it and the colour. :-[

Isn't what I have written for school too little? *unsure*
:sl:

:D GCSE is a piece of cake . . . For Speaking; you've spoke enough; in fact you may be told to shut-up in an exam; if you talk for too long . . .

:) The writing paper is also simple; first question: you make a list of ten items usually. Second question: you write roughly 30 words, fourth is 70 and fifth (last) is 150 words. So if you've not been informed about this before; you'll atleast have an idea now of how easy the exam actually is . . .

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Yup.. the teacher has told us what will be in the exam house, school party, list 10 items, reply to a letter..

I just want to practise since I don't speak it at home cos no one will understand. ;)
Reply

أحمد
06-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Yup.. the teacher has told us what will be in the exam house, school party, listen 10 items, reply to a letter..

I just want to practise since I don't speak it at home cos no one will understand. ;)
:sl:

:D Laa tahzanee . . .

:w:
Reply

Danish
06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
:sl:
Laa tahzanul AZEEEEEM!!!
Reply

Arwa
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

hmm.. I had my reading and writing paper today..

Listening tomorrow!
Reply

أحمد
06-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

hmm.. I had my reading and writing paper today..

Listening tomorrow!
:sl:

:D And I had my Urdu A level exams today: Reading, Writing and Listenning . . . ;D

:w:
Reply

Arwa
06-07-2005, 03:39 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

:lol:

I had listening today.. all done with Arabic...

I had Urdu reading and writing today!

I finished the writing in 13 mins! ;D

Was easy! :thumbs_up
Reply

أحمد
06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

:lol:

I had listening today.. all done with Arabic...

I had Urdu reading and writing today!

I finished the writing in 13 mins! ;D

Was easy! :thumbs_up
:sl:

:D I've got Arabic writing tomorrow Insha-Allah . . . :p

:w:
Reply

The Ruler
06-09-2005, 08:23 PM
:sl:

i just had to choose my options for my GCSEs n i chose arabic. i had a lil bit of practice when i was in Kuwait but i dunno abt it now. plz make duas for me that i improve n i think this thread eill help. :thumbs_up :D :)

Wassalam
Reply

Arwa
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Insha'Allah both of you will be successful with top grades!

woohoo!

I got 90% for my Arabic oral exam. :-[ Alhamdulillah! :sister:
Reply

Arwa
07-01-2005, 03:51 PM
woohoo

I got a B for my Arabic overall. :D

Funny thing is only 4 people got above C. :zip:

one C .. one B .. 2 A's ..

I was 7% away from an A. :(

Ah well.. I'm happy. :D
Reply

S_87
07-01-2005, 06:48 PM
:sl:
mashaAllah thats well good :thumbs_up keep up like that for finals and im celebrating with you :shade:
Reply

Beblessed
07-01-2005, 09:20 PM
:sl:
I am doin ma arabic GCSE NEXT YEAR INSHALLAH i will pass my arabic gsce
and make dua 4 me i hope i get a A*:sister::D
Reply

Arwa
07-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by amani
:sl:
mashaAllah thats well good :thumbs_up keep up like that for finals and im celebrating with you :shade:

wa alaikum assalam

Will you come to my home? :mad:

Khadija, Ima be taking them next year too.. :D this was my yr10 end of year exam but based on a past GCSE paper so, so far so good alhamdulillah. :D
Reply

أحمد
07-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Arwa
woohoo

I got a B for my Arabic overall. :D

Funny thing is only 4 people got above C. :zip:

one C .. one B .. 2 A's ..

I was 7% away from an A. :(

Ah well.. I'm happy. :D
:sl:

:D Maa-Shaa-Allah . . . :applaud: You done well, for a school exam anyway, although you could have done much better; alot of people get lower grades because of information overload in revision; too much revision, and also by worrying too much about it; they manage to convince themselves that its going to be very difficult; I've had the same situation in English GCSE four years ago when I was in school, and my teacher was a joker as well . . . btw; how did you get your results so fast? or are they just guessed by the teachers at school while they have a quick look through the papers . . . :p Because; they have been marked and moderated by the exam board, but not yet given out . . . :p

:w:
Reply

Arwa
07-02-2005, 10:37 AM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu


waaaiiiittt! :lol:

This was my year 10 END OF YEAR exam BUT it was based on a past GCSE paper ..
Next year insha'Allah I will be taking my real Arabic GCSE!
Reply

أحمد
07-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu


waaaiiiittt! :lol:

This was my year 10 END OF YEAR exam BUT it was based on a past GCSE paper ..
Next year insha'Allah I will be taking my real Arabic GCSE!
:sl:

:D OK, then I expect you to do much better in your real GCSE exam; you've had enough practice in this forum . . . :thumbs_up

:w:
Reply

Arwa
07-02-2005, 10:46 AM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

yeah insha'Allah I deffo will!
Reply

S_87
07-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by khadija
:sl:
I am doin ma arabic GCSE NEXT YEAR INSHALLAH i will pass my arabic gsce
and make dua 4 me i hope i get a A*:sister::D
:sl:
inshaAllah youll pass..do revision from the beginnig and dnt leave till last minute :p

Will you come to my home? :mad:
:-[




only if i can jump on the beds and eat popcorn :shade: ;D
Reply

Beblessed
07-02-2005, 04:28 PM
arabic is our hearafter language no one is gonna speak any other language
and i hope before we all die well speak arabic my favour language.

i like there acent its nice language my favourite language is ARABIC & AMERICAN ACENT
I WISH I COULD SPEAK THESE 2 LANGUAGE BUT I GO 2 ARABIC CLASS 3 DAYS A WEEK
INSHALLAH I WILL TRY MY BEST 2 SPEAK ARABIC


wats ur favourite LANGUAGE????
Reply

Uthman
07-04-2005, 08:10 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by khadija
wats ur favourite LANGUAGE????
I made up my own based on my aunty's strong Pakistani accent :-[. It just seemed funny at the time :-[:-[:-[

:w:
Reply

S_87
07-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Osman
:sl:


I made up my own based on my aunty's strong Pakistani accent :-[. It just seemed funny at the time :-[:-[:-[

:w:

:sl:

;D whats that like? ???
Reply

musmd
07-16-2005, 08:48 AM
is this thread still active?
Reply

Arwa
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
If you wanna talk about GCSE Arabic..then yeah :D
Reply

TEH
07-22-2005, 03:30 PM
So erm, did any of you actually take the GCSE this year...

:D
Reply

Arwa
07-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by TEH
So erm, did any of you actually take the GCSE this year...

:D
Nope .. Ima take it next year insha'Allah. :sister:
Reply

TEH
07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
I just did it this year...

:D

Insha Allah I should get an A, wouldnt mind an A* though...
Reply

Arwa
07-22-2005, 04:27 PM
haha :p

Insha'Allah :D
Reply

TEH
07-22-2005, 04:39 PM
If you are Arab, you really shouldnt have a problem, especially if you speak it at home...

:D
Reply

ummnoura
07-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Assalamu Alaiykum,

This is my first post. I hope i dont sound stupid. I dont know what GCSE is but i had a question about learning arabic. I recently married a man from Syria and im trying to learn arabic. I have memorized about 2/3 of the letters and what there names are but now i need to figure out how to read them in words. Is there any books, cds, or websites you could reccomend to me to just start learning to read arabic. I can say approximately 100 words or so. I just would like to start at the begining. I also want to learn quickly so i can teach my daughter when she gets a little bigger. Thanks for any advice. Again sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Kristy :sister:
Reply

TEH
07-22-2005, 07:54 PM
A guy once said to me, to learn how to swim, you need to be in a swimming pool...

:D
Reply

musmd
07-23-2005, 10:58 AM
actually i'm talking AO arabic... it's slightly harder i suppose.
Reply

TEH
07-23-2005, 12:29 PM
whats AO???
Reply

musmd
07-25-2005, 03:52 PM
advanced-ordinary... or some places call it AS.. advanced subsidiary..
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Arwa
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I hope that you are all in the best of health and imaan insha'Allah. :sister:

Has anyone done/is doing Arabic GCSE?

I think I kinda need help :D
:sl:
Yes, I have.
I am proud to say I got the highest out of the boys AND the girls.
I cried when I say my results. I was so happy.

Need help? I'm here.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro
Reply

Arwa
09-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Raiyhana
:sl:
Yes, I have.
I am proud to say I got the highest out of the boys AND the girls.
I cried when I say my results. I was so happy.

Need help? I'm here.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

wa alaikum assalam

oooh cool stuff! Masha'Allah :sister:


Welll.. right now I don't need any but if I do, then insha'Allah I will ask :love:
Reply

Arwa
09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by TEH
I just did it this year...

:D

Insha Allah I should get an A, wouldnt mind an A* though...
Insha'Allah lol

..what did ya get? :p
Reply

Beblessed
09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Arwa
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I hope that you are all in the best of health and imaan insha'Allah. :sister:

Has anyone done/is doing Arabic GCSE?

I think I kinda need help :D
am doin my Arabic GCSE dis year inshallah :sister: allhamdulliah am not tht bad at Arabic
Reply

Arwa
09-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by khadija
am doin my Arabic GCSE dis year inshallah :sister: allhamdulliah am not tht bad at Arabic

I'm doing it this year too! :sister:

Are you an arab?
Reply

Riya90
09-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Im doin my GCSE Arabic this year
I hope i will pass
Reply

Arwa
09-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Islamicgirl MS
Im doin my GCSE Arabic this year
I hope i will pass

Insha'Allah :love:
Reply

Riya90
09-21-2005, 05:52 PM
yea inshaAllah
Reply

Ameeratul Layl
09-21-2005, 05:55 PM
:sl:

I can help you lot if you need any help. Ive done my GCSE arabic and passed- everyone (boys and girls) failed. Its sad but true.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro
Reply

saf_musa
10-14-2005, 07:37 PM
i did ma arabic gcse dis year. i prepared myself relly well 4 da speaking exam but kinda messed up on da other 3 things. got a c. well im plzed but could hav dun a lot bettta
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:42 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 05:53 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 01:40 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 03:29 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!