Banu_Hashim
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
hmmm... ok....

Is it Abdullah bin Amr Al Aas (RA) ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Abdullah Ibn Masood?

Abdullah Ibn Masood (RA) was the first man to recite aloud the words of the Qur’aan before a gathering of the Quraish. The companions of the Prophet (pbuh) were together one day in Makkah. They were still few in number, weak and oppressed. They said, ‘The Quraish have not yet heard the Qur’aan being recited openly and loudly. Who is the man who could recite it for them?’ ‘I shall recite it for them,’ volunteered Abdullah Ibn Masood (RA). ‘We are afraid for you,’ they said. ‘We only want someone who has a clan who would protect him from their evil.’ ‘Let me,’ Abdullah Ibn Masood (RA) insisted, ‘Allah shall protect me and keep me away from their evil.’ He then went out to the mosque until he reached Maqam Ibrahim (a landmark situated a few meters from the Kabah). It was dawn and the Quraish were sitting around the Kabah. Abdullah began to recite Surah Rahman. The Quraish looked at him intently and some of them asked, ‘What is Ibn Umm Abd saying? **** him! He is reciting some of what Muhammad (pbuh) brought!’
http://www.central-mosque.com/biogra...aratMasood.htm

Banu_Hashim
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a funny feeling Glo is correct :p

Afifa
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes shes correct. :)
Next Question?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
' I grew up in a village where my father was the chief. His love and concern for me was so much so, that he imprisoned me the same way young girls were at the time; but I managed to escape. My journey has taken me through many lands and many religions until my heart and body found the truth of Islam. I revolutionised the military strategy of Muslims. In the later years of my life, I settled in Iraq and became a great yet humble scholar whose wisdom was unrivalled. My journey is one of the most famous recounted in the history of Islam.'

Who am I ?

Yanal
06-08-2009, 10:34 PM
mashAllah great thread...dunno the answer though,need a bit more revising to be honest:embarrass

AabiruSabeel
06-09-2009, 02:49 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
' I grew up in a village where my father was the chief. His love and concern for me was so much so, that he imprisoned me the same way young girls were at the time; but I managed to escape. My journey has taken me through many lands and many religions until my heart and body found the truth of Islam. I revolutionised the military strategy of Muslims. In the later years of my life, I settled in Iraq and became a great yet humble scholar whose wisdom was unrivalled. My journey is one of the most famous recounted in the history of Islam.'

Who am I ?
As far as I know, it is Salman Al-Farsi (RA).

Banu_Hashim
06-09-2009, 08:10 AM
^ Correct :D

Sister_Zee
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Salaam,

This is a very nice thread, never seen one like it before, great way to learn. Next please! :D

BintAbee
06-09-2009, 09:24 PM

^I am the Prophet's (s.a.w) cousin. I became the leader of the Quraysh after Abu Jahl's death. I accepted Islam during/just before the conquest of Makkah. My daughter is married to the prophet and my son was handed the khilaafah by Hasan (r.a). I am from Banu Umayyah. Who am I?

:w:

The Ruler
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Not entirely sure... But the name that pops to mine is: Abu Sufyan.

Salahudeen
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
is it Muawiyah (RA)?

Sister_Zee
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Salam,

Yeah I think you are right squiggle it is him, though I didn't know he was the cousin for the prophet (asw).

Sister_Zee
06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Uff never write something when you are tired, I meant I think ruler was right.

BintAbee
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah the ruler rules! :X I mean, she's right. anyone want to pose the next question?

Salahudeen
06-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I am one of the earliest muslims, I was also the first person to greet the prophet pbuh with the greeting of Islam "As-salaamu Alayka Yaa Rasulullah, (Peace be on you, O Messenger of God)". After that, the greeting spread and came into general use.

Who am I

glo
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Abu Dharr?

Salahudeen
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Abu Dharr?
correct

Yanal
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Abu Dharr

I Dont have a question your guys for your standards so greatly appreciated if someone else posts a question for me,JazakAllah Khayr in advance.

BintAbee
06-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Alpha Jr, I'm sure you can pose a question, just open your Islamic history text book. you'll be learning too that way.

Anyway, next question:

I am the prophet's son-in-law. I married two of his daughters. I had a great amount of bashfulness. I did not take part in the Battle of Badr. I ruled the Muslims for twelve years. I was martyred while I was fasting. I extended Masjidun Nabawi and bought a well for the muslims in Madeenah.

Who am I?

glo
06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
^
We had that question already at the top of this page ...

The answer was Abu Dharr

BintAbee
06-11-2009, 02:13 PM

I am the leader of the Daws tribe. When I travelled to Makkah, before becoming a muslim, the Quraysh advised me not to listen to Muhammad (s.a.w), so I inserted cotton wool into my ears. In the Haram, though, I saw the Prophet praying and I was touched, which led to me accepting Islam. I returned to my tribe and preached Islam to them. I was martryed in the Battle of Yamaamah.

Who am I?

Raudha
06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
^Tufail bin Amr Dawsi

BintAbee
06-11-2009, 05:47 PM

Yes!

Next:

I am the cousin of the prophet. I migrated to Abyssinia. I was the one who recited from Sura Maryam to Najashi, the King of Abyssinia. I resembled the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w). I was married to Asma bint Umays.

Who am I?

Afifa
06-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Hadhrat Jafar ibn Abi Talib

BintAbee
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM

^correct

NEXT:

I was given as a gift to Nabi(s.a.w) by Khadijah (r.a). The messenger of Allah inintially adopted me as his son. I am the only sahabi mentioned by name in the Noble Quraan.

Who am I?

Afifa
06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Hadhrat Zaid Bin Harith

Sister_Zee
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Masha'Allah Afifa on a roll! :D

Salahudeen
06-13-2009, 09:23 AM
where is Zaid Bin Harith RA mentioned, which surah? I wanna look it up.

Raudha
06-13-2009, 09:23 AM
^Surah Ahzaab

'Abd al-Baari
06-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Next Question: My kunya is Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan. Regarding me Sufyaan al-Thawree said "I desire for my entire life that I be like_________, but I was not able to be like him even for three days". Who am I?

BintAbee
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Is it Imam Ahmad bin Shuayb bin Ali An-Nisaai (R.A)?

Insaanah
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Was that the right answer, brother Abd al Baari?
As this game seems to have stalled...
Jazaakallah khair.

BintAbee
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM

ok, NEXT: I was the one who purchased the well of Rooma and I contribited to the expansion of the Prophet's (s.a.w) mosque, yet before my death I was prevented from leaving my house, so I could neither drink from this well or pray in this mosque. Who Am I?

Raudha
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
^Hadhrat Uthmaan bin Affaan (RA)

'Abd al-Baari
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Is it Imam Ahmad bin Shuayb bin Ali An-Nisaai (R.A)?
The correct answer was 'Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak rahimahullah, but jazaakillah khayr for continuing the game, I had completely forgotten about this thread!

BintAbee
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
^Baarakallahu feek

NEXT: I was just 14 years old when the Battle of Banu Mustaliq took place. My caravan had left me behind so I spent the night alone at the place where we had camped. A companion of the Prophet found me and took me to Madeenah. The munaafiqoon blew this story out of proportion and made me very miserable. It was through this, though, that Allah had revealed verses of the Quraan about me. Who am I?

BintAbee
02-14-2010, 05:45 AM
:bump: .

Insaanah
02-14-2010, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
NEXT: I was just 14 years old when the Battle of Banu Mustaliq took place. My caravan had left me behind so I spent the night alone at the place where we had camped. A companion of the Prophet found me and took me to Madeenah. The munaafiqoon blew this story out of proportion and made me very miserable. It was through this, though, that Allah had revealed verses of the Quraan about me. Who am I?
Aa'ishah (radiallaahu ta3aala 3anhaa)?

Some of the unbelievers of Makkah approached me with the story of al-Israa wal-Mi3raaj, ridiculing and mocking what Rasoolullah :saws: had told them. I took it all calmly, and when they had finished I replied to them with a smile: “I confirm that whatever he has spoken is the absolute truth.” They observed: “But it defies reason and intelligence!” I replied to them calmly as before: “That is why I say, he speaks only the truth." This earned me a certain title. Who am I?

Asiyah3
02-14-2010, 11:31 AM
^Abu Bakr As-siddiq (RadialLahu 'anhu)

BintAbee
02-14-2010, 11:56 AM
^Yes, please pose the next question. :)

Asiyah3
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Someone else can quote a question :/

BintAbee
02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
okay, here's the next question:

I was the first cousin of Nabi (S.A.W). Nabi (S.A.W) made dua that I be granted wisdom. I was just 13 years old at the time of the Messenger's (S.A.W) death. I was described by Umar bin Khattaab (R.A) as "the young man of maturity". At the time of my death, I was 71 years old. Who am I?

Muhammad
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
^ Is that Ibn Abbaas (radiyallaahu 'anhu)?

BintAbee
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
^yes, it is. Next question please.....

Muhammad
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
I was one of the first Muslims born to the Ansaar of Madeenah. I was quite young, maybe about 10 years old, when the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) passed away. I was killed in Hims around the year 64 AH.

In Sahih Al-Bukhari, there are 6 Hadeeth narrated from me. Who am I?

Muhammad
02-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Sorry, that may have been a bit hard. Another clue: I have narrated a famous hadeeth about the heart...

Muhammad
02-15-2010, 06:11 PM
"Truly, what is lawful is evident, and what is unlawful is evident, and in between the two are matters which are doubtful which many people do not know. He who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his flock round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Muhammad
02-16-2010, 10:54 PM
^ The narrator of that hadeeth is the answer!

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Abu Abdullah, Nu3maan bin Basheer

NEXT: My mother was known as "the owner of the 2 waist bands". My aunt was one of the wives of the Messenger (S.A.W). I was the first child born to the Muhaajireen after the migration. Who Am I?

ژاله
02-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Abdullah bin Zubair radiAllahu 3anh.
Next: I was born in the Ka3bah and was a childhood friend of Rasulullah SAW. I was also related to Khadijah RA, who am i?

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Hakim bin Hazm (R.A)

NEXT: My village was called Tihama. I was the leader of my tribe. When I came to Makkah, the Quraysh told me not to listen to the Prophet (S.A.W), so I place cotton wool in my ears when I went to the Ka'bah to perform Tawaaf. I was martyred in the battle of Yamamah. Who am I?

ژاله
02-17-2010, 05:19 AM
^^Abdullah bin Salam RA ?

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 05:47 AM
No, try again :><:

Raudha
02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
^Tufail bin Amr adDawsi :? :? :?

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Yes, correct

Post the next question....

Raudha
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
My roots are unknown. I have the unique honour of having kept the close company of the prophet Muhammad (SAW) from his birth till his death. A specific ruling related to my marriage is metioned in the Quraan. I returned to my creator during the khilafah of Uthmaan (RA).

Who am I?

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Zaid bin Harithah (R.A)?

NEXT: I was known as Abu Amr before accepting Islam. I was one of the first eight people to accept Islam. I am also among the 10 people who were given the Glad tidings of enetering Paradise. I migrated to Abyssinia twice. I was amongst the richest companions of the Prophet (S.A.W). I was also extremely generous. Who am I?

Raudha
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
^No... :hmm: Try again

In the mean time, is it Hadhrat AbdurRahmaan bin Auf (RA)? :?

BintAbee
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, that's correct

Emmm, is it Barakah (R.A)?

Raudha
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
^Yes :)

You can pose the next question now Bint Ummee

BintAbee
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM

It's actually your turn, but anyway.. next question:

I accepted Islam in my youth and I was one of the first people to accept Islam. On hearing of my acceptance of Islam, my mother refused o eat and drink.I am amongst the 10 people that were given the glad tidings of Jannah. I was the maternal uncle of the Prophet. Who Am I?

Raudha
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
^Hadhrat Sa'ad ibn Abee Waqqaas (RA)

NEXT: I am the son of one of the great enemies of islam. At the time of the conquest of Makkah, I fled to Yemen after hearing the declaration of the prophet Muhammad (SAW) that I should be killed. I returned to Makkah shortly thereafter, after my wife who had accepted Islam asked the prophet (SAW) to grant me amnesty. I accepted Islam at the hands of the prophet (SAW) at this time.

Who am I?

BintAbee
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
'Ikrimah (R.A) bin Abi Jahl

NEXT: After the death of Abu Jahl, my father took his place. I migrated to Abyssinia with my husband and little daughter. In Abyssinia, my husband rejected Islam and accepted Christianity. I remained in Abyssinia and after 10 years I remarried. Who Am I? (Title and name)

Muhammad
02-18-2010, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
My roots are unknown. I have the unique honour of having kept the close company of the prophet Muhammad (SAW) from his birth till his death. A specific ruling related to my marriage is metioned in the Quraan. I returned to my creator during the khilafah of Uthmaan (RA).
Where in the Qur'an is that mentioned?

Raudha
02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Where in the Qur'an is that mentioned?
In Surah Ahzaab. The story about Zaid ibn Haarithah (RA).

Muhammad
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh, I thought it referred to Zaynab (ra)?

Raudha
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
^Sorry brother I don't quite understand. Did you think my description referred to Zainab (RA)? Or the aayah?

PS: Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm beginning to doubt myself here :><:

BintAbee
02-18-2010, 07:45 PM

The aayah in Sura Ahzaab: Falamma qadha zaidun minha wataran zawwajnaakaha.... refers to the marriage and divorce of Zaid (R.A) and Zaynab (R.A) and the subsequent marriage of Nabi (S.A.W) to Zaynab (R.A) and the permissibility of marrying one's adopted sons wives if they have divorced them. (The aayah also indicates a privilege exclusive to Zaynab (R.A) i.e Allah had performed her Nikaah in the heavens).

I think that Zayd (R.A) then married Barakah (not too sure), but this is not mentioned in this aayah. It may be mentioned in the tafseer of the Aayah Allahu A'lam.....

Muhammad
02-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Yes - I was thinking the aayah refers to Zaynab (ra). Perhaps what BintAbee said is correct, Allaahu A'lam. It's something to check up...

Raudha
02-19-2010, 11:27 AM
^Oh ok. That was a mistake on my part then. I thought the aayah referred to the marriage of Zaid (RA) to Barakah.

Please forgive me :peace:

BintAbee
02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
'Ikrimah (R.A) bin Abi Jahl

NEXT: After the death of Abu Jahl, my father took his place. I migrated to Abyssinia with my husband and little daughter. In Abyssinia, my husband rejected Islam and accepted Christianity. I remained in Abyssinia and after 10 years I remarried. Who Am I? (Title and name)
Bring Up My Post :bump:

nightingale
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Ramlah bint Abu Sufyan?

BintAbee
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
^Yes, that's correct. Her title was Umm Habeebah. Please post the next question :)

nightingale
02-22-2010, 03:19 AM
I became muslim before the hijrah. I participated in the second Aqaba pledge. I was one of the six who collected the Quran during the lifetime of the Prophet(salla Allahu alaihi wasallam). The Prophet(salla Allahu aliahi wasallam) himself said that I was the most knowledgeable of his ummah in matters of halal and haram.

Bint-e-Adam
09-22-2012, 01:36 PM
HAzrat Muadh Ibn Jabaal (R.A)

Question :
I was a brave and loyal soldier. Allah had given me a pair of wings. One of my son was married to Bibi Zainab (R.A). Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) called me the father of the poor.

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
no one here brothers and sister????

Amat Allah
03-21-2013, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
Question :
I was a brave and loyal soldier. Allah had given me a pair of wings. One of my son was married to Bibi Zainab (R.A). Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) called me the father of the poor.
The cousin and the companion of The prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); Ja'afar Ibnu Abi Taalib (May Allah Be pleased with him) also called: Ja'afar Attayyaar.

Next: I have witnessed the battle of Khaybar with the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); was from who treated the wounded at that time. The Messenger of Allah has given me a necklace after the battle which I have worn until my death and have been named after that: the owner of the necklace, who am I?

Bint-e-Adam
03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Is she Hazrat Fatimah R.A...???

Amat Allah
03-22-2013, 07:05 AM
No my beloved, she isn't Fatimah (May Allah Be pleased with her)

Al-Mufarridun
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM

You are that fortunate young lady from Ghifar, may Allah :swt: be pleased with her. Ameen.

Amat Allah
03-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Bravoo and amazing way to answer in; but would ya please tell about my name so, others know how much fortunate I am? and may you please; post a new Question so we may learn together many beautiful things about the perfect islam and its people In Shaa Allah.

May Allah love you and Be pleased with you Ameeen

Al-Mufarridun
03-23-2013, 10:46 AM

I can't really recall her name, I remembered her story from the Seerah and she was mentioned as 'the lady from Ghifar'.

Next Question: Of All the Sahaba, I'm one of the fastest runners, if not the fastest. I once single-handedly, whilst on foot, rescued all the camels of the Prophet that had been raided by a band of horsemen from Ghatafan. My heroics on that day earned me two shares of the booty- the share of a horseman and the share of a footman. Who am I?

Haya emaan
03-24-2013, 06:12 PM
^ Salamah ibn al Aqwa?

Al-Mufarridun
03-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Yes, that is correct.

Bint-e-Adam
03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Narrated Ayyub ; The Prophet (saws), said, “If I were to take a Khalil, I would have taken him as a Khalil (intimate friend), but the Islamic brotherhood is better.”

About whom Hazrat Muhammad Sall Allah alaih Wasallam is saying ? Who is Khaleel meant here?

Al-Mufarridun
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Abu Bakar(ra).

I'm a Nabi, the son of a Nabi the son of a Nabi the son of a Nabi. Who am I?

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
bravo.u r right.
jazakALlah...

answer: Hazrat Yusuf Alaih Assalam. :)

next: i am the mother of one prophet, sister of another prophet and wife of another prophet?

Al-Mufarridun
03-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Mother, sister, wife and daughter of a prophet. :ma: such a blessed servant.

This is a difficult one.

Maryam bint Imran?

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
nope it is not Hazrat Maryam A.S

Amat Allah
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
that fortunate young lady from Ghifar, may Allah be pleased with her. Ameen.
May Allah Be pleased with you too Ameeen

She Is: Umayyah Bintu Qayss Al Ghifaariyyah (May Allah Be pleased with her and unite us with her in Jannah Ameeeen)

My beloved sister; that one is really hard ^_^...a sister of a prophet??? Allah knows.

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
you may guess about her dear :)
think about it.

Amat Allah
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Saarrah you meant (The wife of Ib'raheem 3alyhi Assalaam)????? I give up

Amat Allah
03-27-2013, 03:50 PM
The Daughter of the prophet Shu'aybb (peace be upon him)??? I don't know I really give up this time ^

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
nope sister.
you are right. she is Hazrat Sarah A.S ... but also mention names of Her brother, son and Husband

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
okay if u dont know then the names are:
HAzrat Sarah A.S was wife od hazrat Abrahim A.s
Mother of Hazrat Ismael A.S...
sister of hazrat loot A.S

Bint-e-Adam
03-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I am the one whom HAzrat Muhammad S.A.W called His son.
Only my name is mentioned in Quran :)
Guess who am i

Amat Allah
03-27-2013, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
sister of hazrat loot A.S
no my love, Ib'raheem is the uncle of Loot, if you are saying that Sarrah is Loot's sister then that means that Ib'raheem has got married to his niece A3othobellah ( peace be upon them all )...

Amat Allah
03-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Zayd Bin Haarithah May Allah Be pleased with him and you Ameeen

Innocent Soul
03-27-2013, 05:54 PM
I am daughter of a khalifa and wife of Muhammad (S.A.W) .I was 18years old when I was widowed and married to him. Like Aisha (R.A) I also memorised the whole Quran. Who am I?

Al-Mufarridun
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Hafsa Bint Umar(ra)

I'm the Uncle of the Nabi :saws:, The foster Brother of the Nabi :saws: and the Sayid of the Shuhadaa. Who am I?

Amat Allah
03-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Assadu Allaah; Hamzah Ibnu Abdil'muttalib (May Allah Be pleased with him and you and May Allah unite us with him and all Sahaabah in Jannah Ameen)

Next: I was an arch-enemy of Islam, I was the reason behind the prophet's uncle death; I hated him that I have tasted the bitterness of his liver after leaving life but later I became form the best of the Muslims and the above poster will surely know me so,who am I?

Al-Mufarridun
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
Hint bint Utbah(ra).

I'm one of the early Sahaba, like the Prophet :saws: I was also a Sheppard, I am the first Sahabi to recite the Qur'an aloud in Public to the Quraish. I participated in all the Battles with the Prophet :saws:, in the battle of Badr, i finished for good, the head of evil, Abu Jahl. Who am I?

Innocent Soul
03-31-2013, 03:01 AM
Abdullah ibn Masud (R.A)

I fought at the battle of Badr with my young brother Umayr. Being only in his early teens, I was denied access to battle, I was later given permission by the Prophet to fight in battle . I embraced Islam at the age of seventeen. I was one of those the Ten Promised Paradise.

Al-Mufarridun
03-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas(ra).

I'm one of the early Companions to accept Islam, Prophet Muhammad :saws: regarding my truthfulness and piety, likened me to Prophet Isa(as). Who am I?

Signor
08-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Ali ibn Abi Talib (R.A)

I am from the lineage of Umar Ibn Al Khattab(R.A). The whole family turned against me when I took make some drastic changes after taking over government.History considered me the best ruler in Islam after four pious caliphs.

Kalam
01-02-2014, 03:57 AM
Abu Bakar

zAk
01-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Umar bin Abdul Aziz? (Umar Thani)

Signor
01-04-2014, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Umar bin Abdul Aziz? (Umar Thani)
zAk aTTACk and he wins.:D

BintAbee
01-07-2014, 12:36 PM
I asked Allah for a house by Him in Paradise. I am referred to at the end of Sura Tahreem. I played a part in rearing a prophet of Allah. I had no biological children of my own. My husband used to torture me.

Who am I?

Kayser
01-07-2014, 04:28 PM
I asked Allah for a house by Him in Paradise. I am referred to at the end of Sura Tahreem. I played a part in rearing a prophet of Allah. I had no biological children of my own. My husband used to torture me.

Who am I?
Asia, the wife of Farau

BintAbee
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
^Correct, next question?

Kayser
01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
I narrated more than 5000 hadiths from the Prophet PBUH
I used to take care of a cat
I am from the tribe of Daus

Who Am I?

Signor
01-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allaahu Anhu)

Kayser
01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
correct, you go next

Amat Allah
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I was the first ambassador of Islam, went to Madinah to teach its people the Qur'an and was martyred in the Battle of Uhud (may Allah Be pleased with him and all Muslims Aameen). Who am I?

Signor
01-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Mus'ab ibn Umair (Radhi Allaho anho)

BintAbee
01-13-2014, 07:13 PM
I was known as the possessor of two waist bands.. My sister married the best human on earth. My father was his best friend. My son was the first child among the Muhajireen to be born in Maddenah. He was later martyred in Makkah. I was blind in my old age.

Who am I?

Kayser
01-13-2014, 08:04 PM
I was known as the possessor of two waist bands.. My sister married the best human on earth. My father was his best friend. My son was the first child among the Muhajireen to be born in Maddenah. He was later martyred in Makkah. I was blind in my old age.

Who am I?
Dho nitakain
Asma Bint Abi Bakr RA

BintAbee
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
^Correct!

Next post please?

Kayser
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
I was killed in the battle of Badr, I was eating few dates, when I heard the messenger of Allah PBUH say, "rise to paradise in which it's width is like the heavens and earth" then I threw the dates and fought until I was killed

Who am I?

BintAbee
01-18-2014, 03:31 PM
^Umair bin Himaam, may Allah be pleased with him

Kayser
01-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Correct
Next question please

BintAbee
01-18-2014, 08:34 PM
I am married to the best of humans & I am his favourite wife. My dad is his best friend. My husband passed away when I was 18. I was a great scholar of Islam.

Who am I?

Aisha
01-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Aisha RadhiAllahu Anha :statisfie

BintAbee
01-19-2014, 07:22 PM
^Correct :)

Next?

Fainoz
01-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Okay I have one...

HE went out with a poisoned sworded planning on killing the Prophet (sallaAllahu Alayhi wasalam) , but when he arrived there, the Prophet (SAW) told him his plot in detail, and about how his cousin had promised to pay his debts and care for his children if he didn't make it back, At this point he testified "LA Illaha Ila Allah, and you are certainly Allah's messenger and certainly only Allah could have made you know that"

Kayser
01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Sufiyan Ibn Umayyah

Fainoz
07-09-2014, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kayser
Sufiyan Ibn Umayyah

Close not him but his companion...

Signor
07-20-2014, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevermind
HE went out with a poisoned sworded planning on killing the Prophet (sallaAllahu Alayhi wasalam) , but when he arrived there, the Prophet (SAW) told him his plot in detail, and about how his cousin had promised to pay his debts and care for his children if he didn't make it back, At this point he testified "LA Illaha Ila Allah, and you are certainly Allah's messenger and certainly only Allah could have made you know that"
Umayr ibn Wahb RadiAllahu Anhu

BilalKid
07-21-2014, 03:31 AM
I died while in prison and was successful in business who am I? ^o)

Fainoz
07-25-2014, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Umayr ibn Wahb RadiAllahu Anhu
Yes! Correct

Bint-e-Adam
09-06-2014, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
giving up... :(

strivingobserver98
09-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Abu Haneefah. (RA)

BilalKid
09-19-2014, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Abu Haneefah. (RA)
correct :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint-e-Adam
giving up... :(
next time inshaAllah :)

Next question..

I am a skillful archer, I could not afford to buy paper so I wrote my lessons on bones, I memorized quran at age 7 and gave fatwa at 15 who am I?^o)

MuslimInshallah
09-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

These are fun! Thank you all.

Here is another one:

I was entrusted with something precious,
I defied for the sake of something even more precious,
I glimpsed something precious that cannot be seen.

Who am I? And what was precious (3)?

Signor
09-28-2014, 07:42 AM
I am a skillful archer, I could not afford to buy paper so I wrote my lessons on bones, I memorized quran at age 7 and gave fatwa at 15 who am I?
Imam Ash-Shafi'i (RA)

MuslimInshallah
09-30-2014, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

I defied for the sake of something even more precious,

Who am I? And what was precious (3)?
Mmm, oh dear, I think this was too obscure. Perhaps this will help:

I defied my husband for the sake of something even more precious,

AabiruSabeel
09-30-2014, 03:36 AM
^ Asiyah, the wife of Fir'aun?

MuslimInshallah
09-30-2014, 10:59 AM
(smile) Yes. And the 3 precious things were: the Prophet Musa (PBUH), Allah (SWT), and her abode in Paradise.

Fainoz
02-27-2015, 06:54 PM
1.) I am not a sahabi but I am an important islamic figure and a reviver
2.) I share a name with a famous sahabi
3.) when i was a boy I was held up for prayer at the masjid due to combing my hair, so my father had me shave it off.

AabiruSabeel
05-21-2016, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fainoz
1.) I am not a sahabi but I am an important islamic figure and a reviver
2.) I share a name with a famous sahabi
3.) when i was a boy I was held up for prayer at the masjid due to combing my hair, so my father had me shave it off.
Can we get any hints? Where did he live or in which century?

noraina
05-21-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure but could it be Abu Bakr al Baqillani? I remember reading about the 'revivers of Islam' and his name coming up.

Amat Allah
05-21-2016, 06:47 PM
I believe that this told story is about the khaleefah Umar Bin AbdulAzeez may Allah Be pleased with him one of the umayyad caliphs no but the best of them whom the ulama considered him as the fifth of the rightly guided caliphs and not to forget mentioning that he is the grandson of the second rightly guided caliphs Umar Bin Al Khattaab may Allah Be pleased with him

O Allah unite us with them in Al Jannah and first with the prophet Muhammad salla Allaahu Alyhi wa sallam and never prevent us from seeing Your Face Oh The Greatest The Most Merciful Allaahumma Aameen

Fainoz
11-30-2016, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
I believe that this told story is about the khaleefah Umar Bin AbdulAzeez may Allah Be pleased with him one of the umayyad caliphs no but the best of them whom the ulama considered him as the fifth of the rightly guided caliphs and not to forget mentioning that he is the grandson of the second rightly guided caliphs Umar Bin Al Khattaab may Allah Be pleased with him

O Allah unite us with them in Al Jannah and first with the prophet Muhammad salla Allaahu Alyhi wa sallam and never prevent us from seeing Your Face Oh The Greatest The Most Merciful Allaahumma Aameen
Correct!

azc
12-01-2016, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh Ok this is another game which I thought of. I will think of a a famous Islamic figure past or present, and you guys try to guess who it is. I will give you a few hints to try and help you guess InshaAllah. You are only allowed one attempt to try and guess who it is. If you get it right you go next. Ill go first InshaAllah My kunya is Abu Mundhir. I witnessed the 'aqabah pledge and the battle of Badr. I am one of the most knowledgeable in the Quran. Many companions have narrated hadith from me. The Prophet, peace be upn him, once asked if he could read a surah to me and he did. On another occasion, I was also asked by the Prophet, peace be upon him, about the greatest verse in the Quran, and i answered it correctly. He hit my chest and praised me. Who Am I?
Hz Ubayy ibn Ka'ab RK

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!