/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Those Who Say Astaghfirullah

madeenahsh
07-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Fatawa Islamiyyah Vol. 7
Repentance and Rulings Regarding It
pgs. 239-240

Question: Is it true that Allah Almighty forgives every person who says Astaghfirullah?

Answer: If a person says Astaghfirullah with a truly sincere intention to achieve forgiveness and if the conditions of repentance are met, Allah Almighty forgives that person; indeed, Allah Almighty loves for a person to do so: "Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves." {Baqarah 2:222}
The Prophet (sallahu alayhee wasalaam) informed us that Allah Almighty is as pleased when o*ne of his creatures repents, just as a man who finds his camel after he lost it while it was carrying his food and drink. He searches for it, but since he doesn't find it, he rests under a tree waiting for death to overtake him. Suddenly, he wakes to find the bridle of his camel tied to a tree. He takes the bridle and he says, "O Allah, You are my servant, and I am your Lord." Because of the intensity of joy he erred. And nobody can estimate the level of joy except for the person who suffered similary went through this experience.

Allah Almighty loves that His servant repent to Him and seek His forgiveness, so He ordered us to ask forgiveness from Him in a number of verses in His book. Istaghfar or seeking forgiveness means to seek Al-Maghfirah and Al-Maghfirah means covering a sin and overlooking it. It is derived fro the word Al-Mighfar, which covers a person's head during battle and protects him from arrows. So the root word combines the meanings of covering and protection. Similary, Al-Mighfar combines both meanings~~~~~covering the sin and protecting its doer from it's punishment.

{Shaykh Saalih Ibn Uthaymin (rahimahullah)}

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
07-21-2006, 11:33 PM
:sl:

Good post people these days mock the word 'Astagfiruallah' by saying it and not meaning it for example someone is mocking someone the people who hear him/her will say 'Astagfirullah' while laughing this just goes to show people seriously need to stop playing with repentence and the names of allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
^ Bro thats too true, may Allah guide us towards the right path inshaAllah.

:salamext:

Umm Safiya
07-22-2006, 06:00 PM

Jazak Allâhu khayr..

"O Allah, You are my servant, and I am your Lord."
^ :? Don't get it.. Is it a typing mistake or what?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-22-2006, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hamzah

Jazak Allâhu khayr..

^ :? Don't get it.. Is it a typing mistake or what?
ok wallahi that jus scared the hell out of me :offended:

- Qatada -
07-22-2006, 10:05 PM
:salamext:

No no.. the hadith is like that because the guy who found his camel was extremely happy, so he uttered that statement accidently - and the point thats being made is that Allaah azawajal is more happier with that guy's repentance, than him finding his own camel. That's what i've heard in a lecture, by Muhammad alShareef i think.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.