/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saying "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem"

madeenahsh
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Question: What is the ruling regarding the saying of "sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after finishing reading of the Qur'ân?

Response: All Praise is for Allaah, the o*ne, and prayers and salutations upon His Messenger, his family and his companions.

To proceed:
The saying of "sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after finishing reading of the Qur'an is an innovation. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) did not do this and nor did the Rightly Guided Khulafaa, nor any of the (other) Companions (radhi-yallaahu 'anhum) and nor the Imaams of the (Pious) Predecessors (rahima-humullaah). This being with their vast reading and assistance in spreading it's (the Qur'ân's) message and knowing it's rulings. So the saying of this and adhering to it after finishing the reading (of the Qur'ân) is an innovation. It has been confirmed o*n the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he said:

((Anyone who introduces something into this matter of ours (i.e. Islaam), that which is not from it, will have it rejected)) - this (narration) is agreed upon (by both Imaam al-Bukhaaree and Imaam Muslim).And in another narration:((Anyone who does an act which is not in agreement with us, then he will have it rejected)) - narrated by Muslim.

And with Allaah lies all success and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and FataawaThe current members of the Permanent Committee include:
Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Aal ash-Shaykh;Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Ghudayyaan;Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Qu'ood;Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Munay;Member: Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fowzaan;Member: Shaykh Bakar 'Abdullaah Abu Zayd.

Amongst the members who have passed away include:
Shaykh Ibraaheem Ibn Muhammad Aal ash-Shaykh;Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn Baaz;Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq Ibn 'Afeefee.al-Bid'u wal-Muhdathaat wa maa laa Asla lahu - Page 571;Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Fatwa No. 3303

This is the answer Sheikh Bin Baz gave to a question o*n the status of saying "sadaqa allahu al-atheem" after reciting Qur'an according to the way of the Salaf-us-Salih:"Praise be to Allah."I do not know any basis for the people's habit of saying "sadaqa allahu al-atheem" when they finish reading Qur'an, so it should not be taken as a habit. Indeed according to the principles of sharee'ah it is more like bida'a, if any believes it is sunnah. So this should not be done and shouldnot be taken as a habit.

With regard to the ayat: "Say O Muhammad: Allah has spoken the truth"(Al-Imran 3:95) - this is not speaking about this matter. Rather Allah was commanding him to explain to the people that Allah has spoken the truth in what he has said, in His books, the Tawrat, etc., and that he has spoken the truth in all that He had said to His slaves in the Tawrat the Injeel and all other revealed books.And he was speaking the truth in all that he said his slaves in his book the Qur'an.But this is not evidence that it is mustahabb to say "sadaqa allahu al-atheem" after reading the Qur'an or after reading some ayahs or a surah.This is not reported or known from the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) or his companions (radi allahu anhum).When Ibn Masood recited to the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) from the beginning of surat ul nisa'a until he reached the ayat:"How will it be then, when we bring from each nation a witness and we bring you o muhammad as a witness against these people?"

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said to him "Enough"Ibn Masood said: "I turned and saw that his eyes were filled with tears", i.e. he was weeping of the mention of this great status o*n the Day of Resurrection which is mentioned in this ayat, Where Allah says: "How will it be then, when we bring from each nation a witness and we bring you - O Muhammad - as a witness against these people" (i.e. his ummah)The point here is that there is no basis in sharee'ah for adding these words "sadaqa allahu al-atheem" when finished reading the Qur'an. What is prescribed is not to do this, in accordance with the example of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his companions (radi allahu anhum). But if a person does that sometimes, without intending to, it doesn't matter, for Allah speaks the truth in all matters, may he be glorified and exalted. But making a habit every time o*ne reads the Qur'an, as many people do now adays, has no basis, as stated above.

"Kitaab Majmoo Fatawaa wa Maqaalat Mutanaawi'ah li Samaahat"
Ash-Sheikh Al-Ulamaa Abdul Aziz Ibn Abdullah Ibn Baz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
07-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Subhan Allah. All most all the "Top" Quranic recitors say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after they recite the Quran.

Jazakillah for the article.

chacha_jalebi
07-28-2006, 10:30 PM
also there is a hadiths in bukhari & muslim, where RasoolAllah (saw) tels a sahaba 2 recite some surahs of d Quran to him, and the sahaba begins to read, but he starts cryin cos of the power of the verses, and then RasoolAllah (saw) says to him stop stop? so RasoolAllah (saw) didnt say sadaqallah hul adheem, nor did d sahaba!!

also we dnt gota testify Allah (swt) is the sadiq,after readin the Quran, we know he is sadiq, and we can tesitify dat @ anytime & any situation, but 2 do it rite afta readin d quran is yesh definately a innovation :D:D:D

Isma'el
08-01-2006, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Subhan Allah. All most all the "Top" Quranic recitors say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after they recite the Quran.

Jazakillah for the article.
Dosent that statement in it's self tell us something, may be they are right n the fatwa is wrong..?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amirah_87
08-02-2006, 02:46 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

Dosent that statement in it's self tell us something, may be they are right n the fatwa is wrong..?
those are big scholars akhee , and the ulamaah are considered to be the inheriters of our Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam,
they have used their proof from the ""kitaab and the sunnah"", clearly that is something to take into consideration!!

and Allahu subhaanu wa ta3aalaa knows best :peace:

jazakillah khayr for that article sis...:thumbs_up

Isma'el
08-03-2006, 08:10 AM
i know they are big scholars..may alllah be pleased with them.....
correct me if am wrong but they are all salafi scholars, which then will oviously have the same opinion.?

madeenahsh
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Asallam alykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I would Stricly advice you to say something good or to keep silent!!
If talking is from silver the silence if from Gold!

BarakhaAllaah feekum

Wasallam alykum.

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isma'el
correct me if am wrong but they are all salafi scholars, which then will oviously have the same opinion.?
ass salaamu alaykum,

akhee, not all The Ulamaah share the same opinion whether they are from the followers of the salaf or not!!

Wallaahul Musta3aan!

lolwatever
08-03-2006, 09:02 AM
ok ok lets assume they're not salafi..... suppose bill gates came upto you and told you "where did u get sadaqallahul-'3atheem from"

what are you going to say? my sufi shaykh so and so said? or my dad said?

or are you going to say the prophet said so and so? and if the answer to the last qusetion is yes, where did he say that u should say sadaqallahu atheem? :?

salam

S_87
08-03-2006, 02:26 PM
:sl:

ibn Umar radhiallahu anhu said:

Every innovation is misguidance, even if the people see it as something good

plus the salaf too respected the Quraan. if it was truly a good thing would they too not have done it? :?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 03:00 PM
i presume you are a salafi
Please stop the labelling.

Saying "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" ..
why is it a bad thing to say it.?

one is prasing Allah by saying it,,just because the prophet PBUH ddnt say it dosent mean we cant say it...
Islam is like a painting. It is complete. The artist makes the painting as he wants. You dont go up to a painting and try to add and remove things because that would destroy the original painting.

The Prophet has told us what will take us to Jannah and has warned us from what will take us to the Fire.

Everything has been set out for us. There is no need for us to innovate. There are still alot of Sunnahs that we dont follow. Lets try following them.

its a good pratice, its like saying allahu akbar whenever one feels like it.

ok if it was a bad meaning then ofcourse one shouldent say it..
There is no such thing as a 'good innovation'

- A good intention on the part of the one who makes the mistake does not mean that he should not be rebuked

'Amr ibn Yahya said: "I heard my father narrating from his father who said: 'We were at the door of 'Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood before the early morning prayer. When he came out we walked with him to the mosque. Abu Moosa al-Ash'ari came up to us and said, "Did Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan come out to you yet?" We said, "No." He sat down with us until [Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan] came out. When he came out, we all stood up to greet him, and Abu Moosa said to him: "O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, earlier I saw in the mosque something that I have never seen before, but it seems good, al-hamdu Lillaah." He said, "And what was it?" He said, "if you live, you will see it. I saw people in the mosque sitting in circles waiting for the prayer. In every circle there was a man, and they had pebbles in their hands. He would say, 'Say Allaahu akbar one hundred times,' and they would say Allaahu akbar one hundred times; then he would say, 'Say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah one hundred times,' and they would say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah one hundred times; then he would say, 'Say Subhaan Allaah one hundred times,' and they would say Subhaan Allaah one hundred times.' He asked, 'What did you say to them?' He said, 'I did not say anything to them; I was waiting to see what your opinion would be and what you would tell me to do.' He said, 'Why did you not tell them to count their bad deeds and guarantee them that nothing of their good deeds would be wasted?' Then he left, and we went with him, until he reached one of those circles. He stood over them and said, 'What is this I see you doing?' They said, 'O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, these are pebbles we are using to count our takbeer, tahleel and tasbeeh.' He said, 'Count your bad deeds, and I guarantee that nothing of your good deeds will be wasted. Woe to you, O ummah of Muhammad, how quickly you are getting destroyed! The Companions of your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are still alive, his garment is not yet worn out and his vessels are not yet broken. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, either you are following a way that is more guided than that of Muhammad or you have opened the door of misguidance!' They said, 'By Allaah, O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, we only wanted to do good.' He said, 'How many of those who wanted to do good failed to achieve it! The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that people recite Qur'aan and it does not go any further than their throats. By Allaah, I do not know, maybe most of them are people like you.' Then he turned away from them. 'Amr ibn Salamah said, 'I saw most of the members of those circles fighting alongside the Khawaarij on the day of Nahrawaan.'"

(Reported by al-Daarimi, al-Sunan, no. 210, ed. by 'Abd-Allaah Haashim al-Yamaani. Al-Albaani classed its isnaad as saheeh in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah under hadeeth no. 2005. See Majma' al-Zawaa'id by al-Haythami, 1/181).

Ther lots of inovation in religion ....its like saying u cant have loud speakers in a masjid...lol..
The Shari definition of Innovation is anything brought into the religion that is taken as a part of the religion which the Prophet :arabic5: did not do. Technological advancements are not regarded as innovations because they are not something religious.

Sadaqallaahul-adheem after recital of the Qur'aan is done as an adab (etiquette) of recital. It is not done as a Sunnah or Mustahabb of Fardh
But it is so widespread now that it has become a part of the religion and it was not something the Prophet :arabic5: did. Therefore it is regarded an innovation.

Every literally dosent mean everthing..?

so loud speaker in a masjid is a inovation, shall i tell our imam to chuck it out the window '' beacuse u say its a inovation"..
See above reply.

yeh every bad innovation
There is no such thing as good innovation or bad innovation. An innovation is an innovation. See above reply.

:w:

Isma'el
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
as stated above WHY ON EARTH ARE U SO CONCERNED ABOUT BI'DAH..
when one should be thinking about halal n haram...

please answer this..
is it a major sin to say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem".???

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
as stated above WHY ON EARTH ARE U SO CONCERNED ABOUT BI'DAH..
when one should be thinking about halal n haram...
Because it is a major issue. And as the hadith says, innovations are rejected. You dont get any reward for it. And so many people are under its trap. Everytime a Bidah comes out, a Sunnah is killed. People care about doing their innovations yet they dont follow the basics of Islam. You tell me which of the two is better?

please answer this..
is it a major sin to say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem".???
The issue wasnt saying it. The issue was saying it after reciting Quran. That is the innovation - something that the Prophet did not do. Saying it at any other time is not an innovation.

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 03:27 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

akhee sort yourself out plz....:heated:

the salaf are the followers of the kitaab and the sunnah...and no, they don't consider everything to be an innovation :heated:

what is an innovation: something that the prophet did not do and ppl treat it as a form of 3ibaadah!!

sadaqAllahu adtheem is bid3ah...because the prophet did not do this.....i'm sure you know this so what you on about!!! :?:?

Allaahul Musta3aaan

Isma'el
08-03-2006, 03:33 PM
you ddnt get my drift

Every innovation is misguidance,

"literal" meaning the above hadith you all ways quote

Even if some one Saying "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after reciting the Qur'an
is it a major sin..?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 03:37 PM
you ddnt get my drift

Every innovation is misguidance,

"literal" meaning the above hadith you all ways quote

Even if some one Saying "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after reciting the Qur'an
is it a major sin..?
Do you know better than Allah's Messenger that you would do something he himself did not do? Do you know better then his Companions when they did not do it? Ask yourself that.

Did you even read my reply? An innovation is an innovation. It is something that is not needed. Read this, and would consider what the people sitting in the Masjid doing as 'good' but the Companion of the Prophet :arabic5: saw through it and warned them against it. Why? becauase it was an innovation. Even if it could be regarded as something good.

- A good intention on the part of the one who makes the mistake does not mean that he should not be rebuked

'Amr ibn Yahya said: "I heard my father narrating from his father who said: 'We were at the door of 'Abd-Allaah ibn Mas'ood before the early morning prayer. When he came out we walked with him to the mosque. Abu Moosa al-Ash'ari came up to us and said, "Did Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan come out to you yet?" We said, "No." He sat down with us until [Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan] came out. When he came out, we all stood up to greet him, and Abu Moosa said to him: "O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, earlier I saw in the mosque something that I have never seen before, but it seems good, al-hamdu Lillaah." He said, "And what was it?" He said, "if you live, you will see it. I saw people in the mosque sitting in circles waiting for the prayer. In every circle there was a man, and they had pebbles in their hands. He would say, 'Say Allaahu akbar one hundred times,' and they would say Allaahu akbar one hundred times; then he would say, 'Say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah one hundred times,' and they would say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah one hundred times; then he would say, 'Say Subhaan Allaah one hundred times,' and they would say Subhaan Allaah one hundred times.' He asked, 'What did you say to them?' He said, 'I did not say anything to them; I was waiting to see what your opinion would be and what you would tell me to do.' He said, 'Why did you not tell them to count their bad deeds and guarantee them that nothing of their good deeds would be wasted?' Then he left, and we went with him, until he reached one of those circles. He stood over them and said, 'What is this I see you doing?' They said, 'O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, these are pebbles we are using to count our takbeer, tahleel and tasbeeh.' He said, 'Count your bad deeds, and I guarantee that nothing of your good deeds will be wasted. Woe to you, O ummah of Muhammad, how quickly you are getting destroyed! The Companions of your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are still alive, his garment is not yet worn out and his vessels are not yet broken. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, either you are following a way that is more guided than that of Muhammad or you have opened the door of misguidance!' They said, 'By Allaah, O Abu 'Abd al-Rahmaan, we only wanted to do good.' He said, 'How many of those who wanted to do good failed to achieve it! The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that people recite Qur'aan and it does not go any further than their throats. By Allaah, I do not know, maybe most of them are people like you.' Then he turned away from them. 'Amr ibn Salamah said, 'I saw most of the members of those circles fighting alongside the Khawaarij on the day of Nahrawaan.'"

(Reported by al-Daarimi, al-Sunan, no. 210, ed. by 'Abd-Allaah Haashim al-Yamaani. Al-Albaani classed its isnaad as saheeh in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah under hadeeth no. 2005. See Majma' al-Zawaa'id by al-Haythami, 1/181).

Mawaddah
08-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Akhee sort your self out please

The Brother already gave good strong evidence to you and you still reject it?

See this is another way that the Shaytaan traps the Muslims, in a way that he makes Bid3ah seem so lovely and beautiful, in the way that he makes the Muslims think " Oh but I am only doing something to get closer to Allah "
I recall reading a book and in it it said that Bid3ah can be more dangerous than the most major of sins, Because when a person is doing a major sin, or any sin for that matter, he is in most cases aware of this sin and Insha'allah will repent for this sin he did. But not in the cases of Bid3ah because he is doing Bid3ah whilst thinking that he is upon something good but actually he is NOT.

If there was any way to get closer to Allah, wouldn't the Prophet peace be upon him and his Companions have done it before us? After all weren't they the Best people on the Earth after Prophet Muhammad?

Bid3ah IS serious, because with it we are adding things into are Deen, and when we add things into our Deen, it is as if we are saying that it is incomplete. Allah says " Today I have perfected your Religion"

You may say it's a small thing, But dont large things generate from small things? Remember Rasulullah said " Do not take small sins lightly, an example for small sins is like a group of people gathering wood for a fire, each person takes a twig and by the time the twigs are gathered, it has become fuel for a large fire " ( The hadeeth is in it's meaning only)

So that's why we should be careful about this supposedly "small" matters, because eventually they develop into large matters.

A Bid3ah is a Bid3ah Akhee........no matter how big or small. There is no such thing as Good or Bad Bid3ah. Take the truth from whoever it comes from and dont discriminate between Salafi or not Salafi. The truth is the truth.

umm-sulaim
08-03-2006, 03:50 PM
mashaAllah...brother Ahmed and sis Amira are right...
and Allah says in the qur'aan "wa maa aatakukumu rrasuulu fakhudhuuhu wa ma nahaakum 3anhu fantahuu"

"and take what the messenger has brought to you, and whatever he has prohibited you from abstain from it..."

and the prophet alayhi salatu wassalaam says from hadeeth aisha may Allah be pleased with her "man a7datha fee amrinaa hadhaa ma laysa minhu fahuwa radd"
whoever brings something new into our affairs, thats not from it, then it is rejected, muslim.
also akhee Allah says in the qur'aan "wa man asdaqu min Allahi qeela" suratu nisaa,
no 3aalim has mentioned in tafseer (kibaar 3ulamaa) to say sadaqa Allahul 3adheem...
and like our brother Ahmed said, if it was meant for us to say it, surely the prophet would have ordered us to do so, or would have leaned towards its isti7baab, preference, and surely he would have done it himself, or the companions radhuiyaAllahu 3anhum,
Allah says in the qur'aan "alyawma akmaltu lakum deenakum..."
today i have completed your deen for you... (aali 3imraan)
Alhamdulillah...akhee lets try to keep to the book of Allah and the sunnah of his messenger peace and blessings be upon him....

wassalaam.

Isma'el
08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
PLease tell who say's it a major sin to say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after reciting the quran..?

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

The saying of "sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after finishing reading of the Qur'an is an innovation. The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) did not do this and nor did the Rightly Guided Khulafaa, nor any of the (other) Companions (radhi-yallaahu 'anhum) and nor the Imaams of the (Pious) Predecessors (rahima-humullaah). This being with their vast reading and assistance in spreading it's (the Qur'ân's) message and knowing it's rulings. So the saying of this and adhering to it after finishing the reading (of the Qur'ân) is an innovation. It has been confirmed o*n the authority of the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) that he said:

((Anyone who introduces something into this matter of ours (i.e. Islaam), that which is not from it, will have it rejected)) - this (narration) is agreed upon (by both Imaam al-Bukhaaree and Imaam Muslim).And in another narration:((Anyone who does an act which is not in agreement with us, then he will have it rejected)) - narrated by Muslim.
akhee, Allahul musta3aan , have you not been reading what your brothers and sisters have been teling you all day!! :?

Isma'el
08-03-2006, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

akhee, Allahul musta3aan , have you not been reading what your brothers and sisters have been teling you all day!! :?

sorry but where does it say major sin...or if its a sin at all.??

chacha_jalebi
08-03-2006, 04:04 PM
sorry but where does it say major sin...or if its a sin at all.??
its not a sin, but its somethin thats added in to the religion, so its best to avoid, because many people believe these innovations are actually done by RasoolAllah (saw) nauzbillah, so to let people know the truth you shouldnt do it :D

and why say saddaqul allah aluhul ahdeem, after readin the quran, you can say it anytime :D:D:D

umm-sulaim
08-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Did the prophet PBUH prohibited such a act...?

brother since its bid3a...its something prohibited....

as you know i'm sure,

and read all the daleel everyones given you plz,

wassalam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
PLease tell who say's it a major sin to say "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after reciting the quran..?

You are repeatedly missing the point and persisting on sticking to your desires even when all of the evidence has been presented to you. Ill restate the point once more.

Anything added to the religion is rejected. Saying that after the recitation of the Quran is not something the Messenger :arabic5: did. Therefore ask yourself, do you know more than the Prophet :arabic5: to invent something into the religion when he conveyed to us the religion in the first place? What you are saying is, you know better than him to do something as a religious practice that he himself did not do.

By the One in Whose hand is my soul, either you are following a way that is more guided than that of Muhammad :arabic5: or you have opened the door of misguidance!

And ofcourse, there is no way that is more guided than the way of Muhammad :arabic5: .

S_87
08-03-2006, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Isma'el;432801]as stated above WHY ON EARTH ARE U SO CONCERNED ABOUT BI'DAH..
QUOTE]

because

The Messenger :arabic5: said:

Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind
bukhari muslim

lolwatever
08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
sorry i was away.. just got back now

Saying "Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" ..
why is it a bad thing to say it.?
Lighting candles and putting perfume on the quran and spraying the carpet with perfume before reading the quran, is there anything bad about doing that?

Same logic applies there, if the prophet didn't do it, do you think you're better than him, do you think you're smarter than him to do something that he never bothered to do or asked us to do?

As if you've done every other sunnah in the world and u've ran out of thigns to do...

one is prasing Allah by saying it,,just because the prophet PBUH ddnt say it dosent mean we cant say it...
The prophet clearly said that any innovation in the religion is misguidance, if this is not an innovation, what is?

its a good pratice, its like saying allahu akbar whenever one feels like it.
That's different to sadaqalhu atheem.. that's called thikr, which is perfectly fine. Sadaqalahul atheem is different because ur restricting it to a particular event and making it a constant action to be associated with end of readinq uran.

ok if it was a bad meaning then ofcourse one shouldent say it..

Ther lots of inovation in religion ....its like saying u cant have loud speakers in a masjid...lol..
not at all, there's innovation in religion, that's a bad thing, and innovation in science, which isn't a bad thing. The prophet allowed innovation in science and technology, example? battle of trench, the trench was an innovation, but a halal one, becasue it has nothing to do with religion.. same with speakers.

Sadaqallaahul-adheem after recital of the Qur'aan is done as an adab (etiquette) of recital. It is not done as a Sunnah or Mustahabb of Fardh
Most other things like dancing and chanting and mawlid is all done as adab, very few people will argue that the bidha's they do is a sunnah.. and the prophet didn't make tia condition that the bid'3ah has to be labelled a sunnah...

salams

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
The recitors of Qur'an is not ulama :brother: . But ulama surely theyre the recitors or Quran too, just the different they are so humble with their voice. And akheel kareem :) its impossible if those recitors are right and the scholars (ulama's) are wrong. Even its should be mention ONE ulama is right althought his oponions different from allllll those recitors did, cause recitors of Quran are not certainly be called Ulama.
And you should know that it was the recitors of Quran most of them who besieged calyph Uthman bin Affan radhiallahu anhu, and in the end He was killed. So...you may not take the opinion of those recitors or from what those recitors done, but you should listen to what our ulama said, wabillahi taufiq :brother:

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Akheel kareem, tell me who else on this earth who are more knowledgable than salafy ulama? Just give me one name :X .
And is it matter if theyre salafy?:? Do U know what is salafy?
Akhee...salafy came from the word "salafus shalih", and shalafus salih are Abu Bakr, Umar bin khattab, Uthman bin Affan, and Ali bin Abu Thalib who represent all the companions of Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam :brother: . So the word salafy taken from salafus salih, the person called "salafy" and he follow salafiyah teaching. Just like when you follow the teaching of someone, lets say "Abul Hasan Al Asy'ary" then you will be called Asy 'ariyyah, or lets say if you follow one of those tareqat sufiyyah, then you wil be called naqsyabandiyah/naqsyabandy, or Jistiyyah/jisty.
Why we call our self salafy? Cause -yaa akhee- its not enough just calling our self a 'muslim" these days? Cause there are a lot of different deviate sects in Islam masha Allah. And its also not enought just to call our self a muslim who follow Quran and sunnah, cause those deviate sects also claimed that they follow Quran and sunnah too. Can you tell me one sect that claim that they DONT follow Quran and sunnah? Impossible you can. So then we have to make it more specific by calling our self "a muslim who follow Quran and sunnah with the teaching of the companions, and the companions called salafus shalih which is means the previous people who are salih" and to make it short we call our self "salafy" :brother: , got it?
Why we make it more specific with following Quran and sunnah with salafus salih teaching?Cause those sects also have proves/daleel/hujjah from Quran and sunnah, but they understand it with their own interpretation :brother: , thats why they became lost. They tafseer Quran along with their desire, and they dont care wether the daleel (from hadith) dhaif (weak), maudhu (fake) or even laa aslalahu (No sanad at all). So their teaching become blur, and theyre lost and far from Islam with or without their realization. But if we follow salafus salih with their understanding in Quran and sunnah, then its impossible we can be lost. Cause like in hadith said that the companions are the best ummah, Rasulullah said:"The best ummah is in my time, and then after that (tabieen) and then after that (tabiut Tabieen)". And the companions were the people who had direct education from Rasulullah. And also they have direct order from Rasulullah -shalallahu alaihi wasallam- to spread Islam. And also theyre who have direct recomendation from Allah, cause in Quran Allah -azza wa jalla- said " Radhiallahu anhu wa rodhu'anh" and also theyre praised in many hadiths and some verses in Quran. So...by following Islam according salafus salih understanding, thats mean we have understood Islam in the right way. And beside this understanding, then be prepared to be deviated.
So akhee...all we have to do is just following the companions teaching so we can be saved in our understanding of Islam. And if we follow their teaching then automatically we will be called "salafy". And salafy also known as Ahlussunnah wa jamaah, or Thaifah manshurah, or jamaah ahlul hadith. :brother: Wabillahit taufiq

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Of course they have the same opinion, Cause they have the same manhaj to understand ISlam and follow one understanding (salafus salih), then certainly they will give the same opinion :) insha Allah. And another ulama (who is not salafy) then they usually will search daleel from Quran and sunnah AFTER they give fatawa or after they said something, and they will have so many differences in giving fatawa cause ther fatawa go along their own interpretation and according their own nafs and follow their own importancy. But Ulama salafy not like that, they will not give fatawa before they have strong daleel and sahih from Quran and sunnah. So in this kinda time hadith "one mujtahid if he ijtihad right then he will have 2 rewards, and he is wrong then he still have 1 reward" work. But if one person, who claim them self ulama, or theyre being called ulama by awwam people but actuall they havent got enough knowledges, still if theyre right then they are sinners. Thats what our ulama mutaqaddimin said. Allahu a'lam.

Isma'el
08-04-2006, 07:59 AM
ok let me ask you all sommit...? how many ppl do u personally know that say
"Sadaq Allaahul-'Adtheem" after they recite Qur'an..?

lolwatever
08-04-2006, 08:02 AM
almost everyone.

and let me ask you something, how many people did Muhammad PBUH personally know that didn't believe in him when he first came with the message?

Instead of asking baby questions like that... quote me line by line and refute with proof.. not with un-scientific questions like what you just asked..
salams

lolwatever
08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
^^ loool

and you're method of proving them wrong is by votes and intuition without any proof? :p

how about i tell you a story about ibn abbas.. he was advising the tabi'3een and tehy said "but abu bakr said so and so" and ibn '3abbas got upset and sad adn said "WHAT!! i tellyou Allah says and his messenger says, and you tell me Abu Bakr and Umar say!! i fear that rocks will be thrown at you from the heaven!!"

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 08:32 AM
If you ask like that, then we have to ask you back:
1. Like "lolwhatever" said, isnt it Rasulullah also rejected by most of his people in his time?
2. And do U see our muslims community is people who CARE for their dien? Let me ask you, how many muslim leave salah? How many muslim doesnt fast Ramadhan? How many muslim drink alcohol? Can you count it your self yaaaaaa akhee, do U think the good muslim is more than the bad one? We have to open our eyes that muslims these days majority dont know how to understand Islam, and they dont have enthusiasm to learn Islam, learn sunnah. And most of them drown in dunya bussiness.
So if its like that, will you take it by the quantity who "say shadaqallahul adhim"?
If yes, then you can ask those muslims who say shadaqallahul adhim:
1. Aina Allah: Where is Allah?
2. DO they know how to salah according tu sunnah Nabi?
3. Do they know how to do wudhu according sunnah?
And also you cant say "whats so wrong to say shadaqallahul adhim after reading Quran?". Its not like that we do our religion yaa akhee. Thats not the right question you have to say, but indeed we have to ask our self "is this amal have example from Rasulullah? or by the companions?", if there are no examples (can be known in hadith) then you should know that Rasulullah said "every amal (in ibadah) that have no example from us, then its rejected".

So thats why our scholars have TWO condition in order our amal can be accepted by Allah, 1. Ikhlas. 2. MUST BE ever done by Rasulullah or according sunnah.
Example: If you do salah Subh, then you are ikhlas to do subh 4 rakaah, can it be accepted by Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala? If you say it cant, then I ask you Why? Cause if we just think from the way you understand Islam, then it should be OK cause its good isnt it if we add more rakaah in subh :rollseyes , maybe we can have more reward isnt it? Will you do subh 4 rakaah yaa akhee? SO we may not say something like "but theres nothing wrong if we say "shadaqallahul adhim" after we read Quran".Cause if talking about something concern ibadah then it need to daleel from Quran and sunnah.
And also if you salah subh perfectly, according sunnah BUT you do it cause something else but Allah, its also cant be accepted. So botk of the conditions must be fullfiled. And akheeeeee its not hard to stop saying "shadaqallahul adhim" after we read Quran right? It will felt strange at first I know, I also felt it but thats the right thing to do wallahi. Why do we defend to say that since we know Rasulullah said that amal which have no prove from him the nit wont be accepted? wabillahi taufiq wa hidayah

Isma'el
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
do u blive that everthing the prophet PBUH said has been recorded..?....ill answer that for you.. NO

Would you accept sommit that has not been recorded in hadith but has been passed down by the 1st - last generation in a good chain...

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
hey i dunno what place on earth yr frm..?

but hand on my heart...i have nva heard any1 apart from qari's...saying it.

That the problem with the new young salaf of the streets, they learn a few hadiths , think they can literley understand it...and go round refuting
But all we told you is not from our self, but its the explanation of ulama. Ad they explained it from Quran and hadith sahih and believe me they capable to do this masha Allah. And we just read their book and advice eachother so we can go along together to defend sunnah :brother: and detroy bidah. Cause bidah is so so dangerous. And theres ulama said that if we have understand about bidah then tahts mean we have understand half of our dien.
A little info for you:
Imam Syafi'i rahimahullah said "whenever one hadithsahih, then THATS my mahdhab"
And also he said "dont you taqlid (be a blind follower) to me, whenever one hadith is sahih then thats my mahdhab"
And Imam Malik bin Anas said "If someone said that there is BID'AH HASANAH, then that means they have accused Rasulullah has commited treason in explaining the risalah (Al Islam). Cause Allah said "This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." (Al Maida:3). So what is not included in Islam in Rasulullahs time, then it will never be included in Islam today (and forever)".

lolwatever
08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
^^ ofcourse not everythign was recorded

oh bro that would be marvellous of you, pleeease i beg you can u tell me about this hadith that you only know of and the rest of the ummah doesnt know about?

if you can prove its authenticity i'll giv u a rep every day for the rest of my life and make alot of dua, and on top of that ill agree with you :statisfie

salamzzz

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
do u blive that everthing the prophet PBUH said has been recorded..?....ill answer that for you.. NO

Would you accept sommit that has not been recorded in hadith but has been passed down by the 1st - last generation in a good chain...
SUBHANALLAH...ya akhee...see the surah I quoted above, it said "This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." (Al Maeedah:3). Who give the statement that Islam is PERFECT? You know what is the word perfect means dont you? It means its complete, and doesnt need to addition, inovation and also reducing. And somethings thats included ibadah in ISlam will never change from Rasulullah wafat till yaumul qiyamah. Cause Islam is perfect, perfect and perfect. And once a jew came to Abu dzar and asked him " did your prophet also teach you how to enter the toilet?" and Abu Dzar answered " theres no birds flying in the sky except He has explained it all to us how its happen", means every little things in ibadah has been described, and taught by Rasulullah.
Do U think theres something that Rasulullah didnt explain? And NOW you or someone claim taht they know something that RAsulullah didnt/forget to teach us? Do U know ISlam better than Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam? Its so very wrong yaa akhee.
And Allah said "Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (Ali Imran:31) Hasan Al Bashri said about this verse, "some people think that they love Allah and Allah testing them with this verse " Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." And the words " and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." means their sins forgiven by Allah cause they ITTIBA' to Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam, so thats why you are forgiven and given rahmah by Allah, because you have obeyed Rasulullah.
Afraid Allah yaa akhee, wallahu yahdik, your saying is so very dangerous akheel kareem. How can someone who came after Rasulullah know more about Islam then Rasulullah it self? Ask your self and be objectife to your self, is it possible? :? If your mother told you something, can I claim that I know about what your mother told you?. And what do U think if I can guess that theres something that you miss from your mothers orders to you that you dont know(but I know eventhough I never meet your mother)? Isnt that weird? No clear mind will agree with that Im sure wallah

Isma'el
08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
its like kissing the quran is bidah, dua in groups is bidah this is bidah that is bidah..lol

what the prolem ppl...learn to read yr salaat properly 1st b4 u start saying this n that is bidah

umm-sulaim
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM

well akhee lets not jump to what hasn't been recorded...and stick with what has....including the evidence thats been given to you...
and what we DO have, thats more than enough, subhanaAllah..

ok just tell me this please...so saying sadaqaAllahul adheem, is not in a hadeeth (authentic! thats if its even in a hadeeth) or in an ayah, its not from the sayings of the 3 best generations?

so where do you get it from,surely you must know?

lolwatever
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
lol bro don't u feel sorry 4urself.. you've opened this topic adn you havn't been able to respond to anything.. and now you're opening on yourself another floodgate of topics

jazaks 4 advise about salat.. will do..

but its a simple question, are we right? if not, why? do you have any evidence besides votes to prove us wrong?

otherwise.. maybe you should yell at the graves of the scholars for not conducting votes and polls to come up with rulings about whether matters are halal or haram..

salam

ps: don't make your 100th post a misery, for your own sake..

umm-sulaim
08-04-2006, 09:27 AM
its like kissing the quran is bidah, dua in groups is bidah this is bidah that is bidah..lol

what the prolem ppl...learn to read yr salaat properly 1st b4 u start saying this n that is bidah
akhee we don't say its bid3ah, and say its bid3ah when we feel like it.. its from the 3ulamaa...and you know it...

and if another brother tells you something is bid3ah and gives you the evidence, shouldn't we take it?

S_87
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM

you make it sound like bidah is something very light :rollseyes

madeenahsh
08-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Asallaam alykum warhamtuallahi wabarakatuh

Ya ikhwat enough explaination is done here no need to talk more
Keep silent for the sake of Allaah , if you have nothing good to say best to keep silent. Never argue with a fool you might not notice the diffrence.
I would advice you to read this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...thers-net.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...rstanding.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tudents-b.html
May Allaah subhana wa taAllaah make it easy for us to learn our deen and be among the most forgiven and most beloved servants of Allaah subhana wat a Allaah.
BarakaAllaah feekum

wasallam alykum

umm-sulaim
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
but when you think that its something you must do after every recitation, and teach that to the people, and everyone thinks its part of 3ibaadah, thats when it becomes bid3ah...

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
wow i ddnt know ther was soo many salafi alims n alimas.

hey i ddnt say bidah was light, but you ppl make everything bidah...you see some1 do sommit so you reach into yr bag get laptop out n start quoting hadiths....pleaseeeeeeeeee give me a break.

you seem you are soo sure you are right and the rest of the muslim world is wrong...

Dnt 4get what ppl say about the new salafi , they are funded by the saudi royal family n it originated frm ther...

some times numbers count...?
Ooh I see...I see there are a lot of syubhat in you akheel kareem. Poor you. Im afraid you dont even know how to safe your self, wallahu yahdik. Dont believe in everything they told you, or everything you read. Youre blessed brain from Allah, so use it to think :brother: . The truth is clear as clear as a day. If you talk bad about salafy then that means you talked bad about Rasulullah and all the salih people, be afraid. Cause Allah will be your enemy if you commit war with His wali. And talking bad about the waliyullah mean you commit war with Allah, Allahu a'lam.
Like Ulama said, who is salafy? Its Rasulullah, then the companions, and then tabieen, tabiut tabieenincluded 4 imams since Hanafi till Hambali, then ahlul hadith and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone who follow the way of their path :brother: . Thats salafy, thats ahlussunnah wal jamaah, and beside of them is ahlul bid'ah. And Imam Mujahid said " and you may not follow another way (than ahlussunnah way), those ways are bid'ah and syubhat".
Yaa Allah, Im so gratefull you show me the righteous way in Islam and You opened my heart to accept it while there are many who reject it. Amin. Alhamdulillah. Those time when the first time I got to know salafy, those were the times that I will never forget in my life. Like Rasulullah said "If Allah want goodness for someone, then Then He will make him understand dien (Al Islam)". Yaa Allah we hope we are one of them, amin.

umm-sulaim
08-04-2006, 10:35 AM
how right!

and you know Allah says in the qur'aan " wa kaanal insaanu akthara shay'in jadalaa"

"and mankind is argumentative most of all"

lolwatever
08-04-2006, 10:44 AM
well now you do :)
it's not like there's a Voodoo in the Quran or Hadith books...
Allah clearly says "Do they not contemplate the quran, or do the hearts have locks on them"

scholars are there to explain complicated thigns to us that are hard to differentiate.. but what's so hard about this case? just show me a shred of evidence and ill shutup

how about ibn '3abbas hadith that i quoted, wat do u think of that?
salams

Dhulqarnaeen
08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
And which islamic univercity did u graduate from then Bro....wow i ddnt know Qur'an and Sunnah were soo easy for jo blogs to understand..
Akheel kareem :brother: What is adab for you?. Usually we do adab and hoping what we did will have reward from Allah, and if we do somehting with a hope like that then its included into "ibadah". And the basic rule in ibadah is deathly wajeeeeeeb with dalil. Dalil dalil dalil. So if you said its adab or etiques in reading Quran, then we better choose Rasulullahs etiques in reading Quran than your etiques. Cause Rasulullah taught us everything and he said if we wanna read Quran then we should take wudhu, and say istiadhah, and make a melody in reading it. Thse adab in reading Quran,a nd Rasulullah shalallahu alaihi wasallam NEVER said that after we read Quran we should say "shadaqallahul adhim", or kiss it. Its not adab to Quran yaa akhee.
You just go opposite the meaning of "shadaqallahul adhim" it self cause you against what Quran teach us :brother: . Quran ask us to follow (ittiba') Rasulullah and we must say "sami'na wa ato'na" (we hear and we will obey) but you instead saying "sami'na wa ashoyna"(we hear and we denied). You said Shodaqallahul adhim but you dont even do what its mean. You actually not a shiddiqin if youre acting like this :rant: eventhough you say shadaqallahul adhim everytime you read Quran you will never be a shiddiqien if you till stubborn and dont wanna understand the explanations. We are not talking about who is right and who is wrong here ya akhee, cause we remember Imam Malik bin Anas said "everyone can be wrong except the owner of this grave (Rasulullah)". So all of us must follow the stronger hujjah, all of us no exception. So when theres hadith sahih then thats our guidance. Wabillahit taufiq wa hidayah. Gotta go now, wallahu yahdik yaa akhee Ismael. Should learn again about Iman to Rasulullah I think. Assalamualaikum

Mawaddah
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
^ Ahsanta Ya Akhee.......You did a great job Masha'allah.

Walaakin alhaqqu Ahaqqu an Yuttaba3.......

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM

Brother Isma'el, your points have been refuted. You are insisting on copying and pasting inauthentic material, material that labels scholors as "wahhabi" and other labellings. That shows a lack of wanting to learn and understand and blind following.

We have tried to show you the proper stance of the Ahlus Sunnah, and you are desperatly rejecting it. This topic has been discussed long enough, and the proofs of what is the Shari defineition of Bidah has been established and the proper stance as well.

May Allah guide us all.

And Allah knows best.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.