/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stone Arabic!

Islamicboy
07-22-2006, 01:53 AM
As Salam Alykum..

I had a question if any of you have used rosetta stone. If yes then is it worth buying? Is it helpful in understanding Quran or no the language is bit different between each?

Also if you want to know what is rosetta stone you can visit this website www.rosettastone.com

Jazkallaah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mezier
07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
yes I have it. And to be honest I used it for a bit and got impatient with it :X

But yes, it is a very well designed program. Did you try the demo they have on their site? The "trademark" technique is called Dynamic Immersion, basically they just put you into the language and let you learn by yourself (NO english translations of any of the worlds). IF you are going to get it, you'll most probably need to seriously study everday. However, if you are up to it, it can teach you a great deal, especially if you are a begginer.

If you MAIN goal is to improve your skills at reading the Quran. Then I say go for it.

However, if you are more interested at conversing in Arabic, I suggest the Pimsleur program (its around the same price). I use it for French/Spanish/Italian and soon Farsi. Even though its not going to be helpful for reading Arabic, it will get you speaking and understanding basic arabic faster than anything else.
Pimsleur: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...037456-5322532

And IF you have the money to buy both the programs that would be even better!

Also, try searching around Amazon.com to find some really good Arabic Language programs. Read the reviews!

Hope this helps
:w:

Islamicboy
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Thank you for the response i will check the amazon.com site...

IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
whilst going through the link bro i noticed theres two typse:

Arabic (Eastern)
Arabic (Egyptian)

i was wondering whats the difference and which one is closest to the Quranic arabic?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islamicboy
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I think its Egyptian Arabic...

Ubaidah
09-14-2006, 11:37 PM
I was thinking about grabbing this program.. I'll check the one Mezier suggested... I'm hoping to have one of the programs by the end of the month.

Skillganon
09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
IS their any way I can get a free arabic software?

engstudent
11-04-2006, 01:34 PM
سلام عليكم

هل يمكن تحميل برنامج روسيتا سيتون بطريق اينترنت

Muezzin
11-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Wait a minute, you're talking about a computer program? I wanted the actual Rosetta stone! :p

engstudent
11-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Rosetta stone,An arabic course program im looking for.ıts expensve to buy, so im looking for a download link.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.