/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please observe a certain level of maturity!

afriend
07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
:sl:

I do not want to complain, but I feel as this is quite important especially in some of the more important/serious forums.

At times, there are occasions that people lose their maturity, and with it their self respect...

There is a certain way of speaking, which should definately be avoided on an Islamic forum, such as: Awww bwess...and u kno..the common slang/ganster language....

Also, maturity in general, some people tend to act slightly, well, what can i say? Just immature. There's nothing wrong with that at times, but not all the times.

I hope I haven't offended nobody, Just a thought.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
yeah true man, my apologies people I act totally immature at tyms but i cant help it! sowi!

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I also think that a certain level of maturity also means writing correctly. The post above is hard to understand. If she took the time and maturity to write, it would be comprehendable.

afriend
07-24-2006, 08:09 PM
LOOOLLL^

Too right ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
07-24-2006, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
I also think that a certain level of maturity also means writing correctly. The post above is hard to understand. If she took the time and maturity to write, it would be comprehendable.
''she'' has gotta name and sorry if u cant understand my post its just the way I write...U a bit harsh in ya reply :rollseyes. Im a fast typer doesnt mean i dont take enuf time 2 write it properly nor does it mean that i write immaturely :rollseyes

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I think it is necessary to look at what you write. It doesn't matter if you are a fast typer or not. I am not trying to be harsh, but I have tried to read several of your posts, and I find them hard to read. They are somewhat immature because with maturity comes patience. Don't be in such a rush to post, take your time and make sure people can understand what you are saying.

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 08:14 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

i agree with you akhee...that has been on my mind too for quite a while aswell....
it's either childishness/immaturity or this rude/bad person act that really is annoying!!!:heated:
i know ppl do get carried away at times(i do too) and let the inner child comes out or what have you, but plz do try to keep a cap on it for most of the time inshaAllah!!....:-\

i'm glad you bought this up akhee:thumbs_up

wa jazaakumullaahu khayran

Hijaabi22
07-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I think it is necessary to look at what you write. It doesn't matter if you are a fast typer or not. I am not trying to be harsh, but I have tried to read several of your posts, and I find them hard to read. They are somewhat immature because with maturity comes patience. Don't be in such a rush to post, take your time and make sure people can understand what you are saying.

:rollseyes WHATS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT MY WRITING? Its the way every1 writes, all I do is abbreviate a little- like YOU 4 example= U ??? Understand? :rollseyes...plus I think before U judge a persons maturity U shud luk at the CONTENT of the post rather then how they write or type..and i dont be in a rush 2 post

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------

.and i dont be in a rush 2 post
* I am not in a rush to post. Abbreviations are ok occasionally, like when you are talking to a good friend on instant messenger. However, I would think you would want to be respected. When people use so many abbreviations and poor english, it makes them appear childish and dumb.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:25 PM
if u dont understand dis.. or wat sis pink n posh sayz den ignore us.. simple :)

im sorry, we'v had dis topic b4, and i aint changin 4 no-one..

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:28 PM
If you decide to post like that, then don't expect to be respected by other people in the forum.

afriend
07-24-2006, 08:29 PM
* I am not in a rush to post. Abbreviations are ok occasionally, like when you are talking to a good friend on instant messenger. However, I would think you would want to be respected. When people use so many abbreviations and poor english, it makes them appear childish and dumb.
Harsh, but that's reality, we need to learn to accept it, and work on our weak points, the style a person speaks/writes, also reflects on the maturity/wisdom/intelligence of that person.

A person writing like this is far more respected and shows their maturity more, rathr thn wen ppl writ lyk dis, u get me sis?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
yup i getz u.. but i stik wid ma word yh, i dnt change 4 no1..

sis b4 bro Iqram, u dont speak 4 other people on this forum do u? nope, so speak 4 urself.. iz dat kool? or wait, u want me 2 rite in perfect english so u understand? if u do, lemme kno..

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I have created a thread on the topic of writing/typing correctly, and there are many people who agree. I have been stating that I would love you and others to write in correct English.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
many.. not all..

lol dont bother tryin 2 make me type in full english, cuz it aint gonna happen. im not changing 4 anybody.. u mite fink im stubborn, den so be it..

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
well what can i say?? hmm...now this boy has got some reality lolz, anyway well yh i do use slang ahem at times tho but can't help it so am not sorry lolz am soo soo soo soo sorry.
BTW...whats wrong with saying "AWW BLESS"??

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't mean this to sound rude Muslim 4 Life, but are you African American?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Could not agree more, after all it's in the best interest of the poster.

My thread on text speak: http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...sh-please.html

Forum rule:
but the lingo i use, its not hard to understand. it ain lyk ds u gt meh?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't mean this to sound rude Muslim 4 Life, but are you African American?
LOLLLLL, no.. im bengaliii.. "brap" (as sis maz wud say :D )

y wud u fink dt.. :uhwhat

amirah_87
07-24-2006, 08:40 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

what iqram, and alpha dude and are sayin is right!!....:thumbs_up
but i've seen that sum1's postin direct comments to another person, i believe that if you wanna advise your muslim bro/sis "directly" you should do it privately and with kindness inshaAlah!!!...

wa alaykum ass salaam:peace:

MUNIRAH
07-24-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
yeah true man, my apologies people I act totally immature at tyms but i cant help it! sowi!

I see no problem in this post. I understand it perfectly.:D There is different between abbreviating and misspelling words....n i think all she did was abbreviate some words...I don't see the problem in that. well...it might be hard 4 some people who don't know/understand when a word is abbreviated. n besides this is a forum abbreviating should not be a problem.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH

I see no problem in this post. I understand it perfectly.:D There is different between abbreviating and misspelling words....n i think all she did was abbreviate some words...I don't see the problem in that. well...it might be hard 4 some people who don't know/understand when a word is abbreviated. n besides this is a forum abbreviating should not be a problem.
exactli sisssss, u actually get meeee.. thank u!

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 08:45 PM
ok well people chill out, i wana suggess "some" people maybe young on forum so you know, so thats why they use slang or maybe they might be some gangsta's whom are trying to learn about islam so c'mon just let them do what ever they want j/k no seriously i meant this from the bottom of my heart about this "lingo" thing yh many people maybe addicted lolz

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
and seriousli.. if ur young and have other things to do aswell, u wudnt sit there cheking spellings and writin in full :P dats juz.. borin.. :rollseyes we'v had enough of spelling tests at primary..

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 08:48 PM
who said am young??? am just saying it cause i know many people on forum are young so thats what anyway am not that stupid to count spellings!, am too fast for ma speed!

MUNIRAH
07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
ok well people chill out, i wana suggess "some" people maybe young on forum so you know, so thats why they use slang or maybe they might be some gangsta's whom are trying to learn about islam so c'mon just let them do what ever they want j/k no seriously i meant this from the bottom of my heart about this "lingo" thing yh many people maybe addicted lolz

is not about being addicted..is just that slang is easier n faster to write:D .....as long as they r using correct english n r not just writtin whateva comes to their mind then it's fine by me....
I don't get it...who can't/doesn't understand slang...it is just some abbreviated english words.:?

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MUNIRAH
is not about being addicted..is just that slang is easier n faster to write:D .....as long as they r using correct english n r not just writtin whateva comes to their mind then it's fine by me....
I don't get it...who can't/doesn't understand slang...it is just some abbreviated english words.:?

true tell me about it!, well the way i speak i write lolz

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 08:53 PM
who said am young??? am just saying it cause i know many people on forum are young so thats what anyway am not that stupid to count spellings!, am too fast for ma speed!
im talkin about yung people in general., lol

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
When people constantly use slang and abbreviations, it is a sign of impatience. Also, I have a really hard time understanding people's posts when they are using a lot of slang and/or abbreviations. To me, it seems like a middle schooler is writing the posts, not an adult. I am not trying to offend anyone, but there is a reason we learn to write and type- for communication. It's hard to communicate when one overuses slang and abbreviations.

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
im talkin about yung people in general., lol

well i'll tell yea now am not young and you know that sis also the way people there's nothing bad about it cause at the end of the day if people are saying it's not allowed bla bla next minute there going to say something else think about it we have new members and they use slang and then people are going to say we don't understand and it's not allowed bla bla how do you think the member is gonna feel?? anyway never mind forget am being straight at times yeah i do use slang easy to write but then again different people's point of view!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
true tell me about it!, well the way i speak i write lolz
same sis

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:03 PM
When people constantly use slang and abbreviations, it is a sign of impatience. Also, I have a really hard time understanding people's posts when they are using a lot of slang and/or abbreviations. To me, it seems like a middle schooler is writing the posts, not an adult. I am not trying to offend anyone, but there is a reason we learn to write and type- for communication. It's hard to communicate when one overuses slang and abbreviations.
maybe because i aint an adult yet? im stil a baby uno! lol

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:03 PM
well i'll tell yea now am not young and you know that sis also the way people there's nothing bad about it cause at the end of the day if people are saying it's not allowed bla bla next minute there going to say something else think about it we have new members and they use slang and then people are going to say we don't understand and it's not allowed bla bla how do you think the member is gonna feel?? anyway never mind forget am being straight at times yeah i do use slang easy to write but then again different people's point of view!
course ur young sis! :D

Umm Yoosuf
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok. Calm down insha Allah. I have not been reading many posts to recognise maturity in writing, nor do I analysis others writing skills. (I mainly concentrate on my grammar, well with a spelling terrorist around you have to ). If I can read what members type then, I read and if not then I simply ignore it. Everyone has a certain style of writing; I guess we have to respect that insha Allah. And/or correct one another in the best of manners.

Please lets not hurt one another. Lets be considerate to others feelings :)

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
course ur young sis! :D

you call me young whom is 21:uhwhat ok maybe at times abit childish but come one am one heck of a joka!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
yeh.. i fink the way sis mlsh27 said it woz quite harsh.. but dnt matter

BlissfullyJaded
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM

Anyways, I think this topic has been gone through at least a thousand times now. There are people who choose to give off a good impression of Islam and behave intelligently, and others...well choose not to. To each their own, so deal with it. :)

InshaAllah khair. No need to argue. Realize that Shaytan uses any little thing he can to cause a rift between the Muslims. So lets make up? :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:09 PM
this topic keeps gettin mentioned over and over agai.. n i say da same ting over n over again..

b4 u close dis topic. im gona say.. IM NOT CHANGIN 4 ANYBODY :) der ive sed it.. lol

mlsh27
07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I have said this over and over in my posts in this thread, but I am not trying to offend anyone. I used Sister Pink's post as an example and have been trying to use generalizations such as "people" and "one". Again, sorry if I have offended anyone, but I am just trying to make a point.

BlissfullyJaded
07-24-2006, 09:13 PM

Thats fine sister. Thats your wish, and you may do so. :wub:

But in real life, when you're part of the community offline, and there are instances when you do in fact need to make compromises and change, don't use the I'm not changing for anybody tactic. It doesn't get people very far. When you're standing for haqq and against baatil and you don't waver, then alhamdulillah. But on trivial issues its different. :) Especially considering the fact that not every single member knows English fluently. For some it is not their first language, and we should be considerate to them...

I love you for the sake of Allah, and please do not be offended. *hug* :wub:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
i speak da way i spell.. in frnt of mates, family n dat.. but obviousli infrnt of people i use my wikid english skills :D

limitless
07-24-2006, 09:18 PM

I am greatful that I do not type my messages in a "gangster" style, or I prefer urban english style. Yes, I do take time to proof read my posts, but that is only ninty percent true other is when I am lazy to proof read it and just let it go.

:w:

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

I am greatful that I do not type my messages in a "gangster" style, or I prefer urban english style. Yes, I do take time to proof read my posts, but that is only ninty percent true other is when I am lazy to proof read it and just let it go.

:w:
aww bless brother, at the end of the day many people write how ever they want am just to fast for my speed!:)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:22 PM
me 2, i type n press post.. :P

n afta ive posted i chek it..

Kittygyal
07-24-2006, 09:24 PM
same here but then again am not bothered cause i don't reallt care lolz

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
LOL me2 haha

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
im sry suto bhai, i lose it sometimes i know.

Astagfirullah, i'll try conduct my-self better fi-sabillilah (to please ALlah) inshaAllah!

JazakALlah khair 4 the reminder, ur a tru bro ;)

:salamext:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:29 PM
aww brotherly love :giggling: bless

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 09:31 PM
IM NOT CHANGIN 4 ANYBODY :) der ive sed it.. lol

sis... i thot the whole purpose of comn on this forum was to change for the better and please ALlah... to change FOR ALlah...

sry thats jus the way i thought.

:peace: :salamext:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
no, i didnt mean it like that.. i meant i aint changin my writin 4 any body..

obviousli il change 4 Allah but not for anybody Allah isnt anybody is He?

Ghazi
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM

Good reminder bro, especially in this world affairs section, I sometimes think people would actually resort to a fist fight If what was said there was face to face.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
no, i didnt mean it like that.. i meant i aint changin my writin 4 any body..

obviousli il change 4 Allah but not for anybody Allah isnt anybody is He?

oooh sry for misunderstanding, ignore me :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Good reminder bro, especially in this world affairs section, I sometimes think people would actually resort to a fist fight If what was said there was face to face.

LOL BRO WHERE U BEEN!!!

and dont act like u didnt feel like resorting to that before :p lol but mashAllah its true, we need to conduct ourselves better :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-24-2006, 09:36 PM

yh das because its all like politics etc..

Ghazi
07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
LOL BRO WHERE U BEEN!!!

and dont act like u didnt feel like resorting to that before :p lol but mashAllah its true, we need to conduct ourselves better :)
Been around, shaytan been on my case make dua :thankyou:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Been around, shaytan been on my case make dua :thankyou:
same here, wallahi please make dua

julie sarri
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
:sl: it is true we all need to think about how we post we as muslim should show a grater maturity any way in the way we talk to each other.We should never use harsh or hurtful words. We should be following the prophet saw he never ever used harsh words yet he got threw to so meny and he couldent read or write we have this power and should use it wisely

snakelegs
07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
has anyone but me noticed that the world affairs section has definitely deteriorated in quality since israel invaded lebanon? there are a lot of just plain childish "lmacho" threats and posturing, and trading insults and sarcastic remarks. (from all sides).
also, i agree that the gangsta rap language, while it is not usually that difficult to decipher, is hard to take seriously.
maybe i am just feeling grouchy.

afriend
07-25-2006, 03:03 AM

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a few abbreviations here and there...But it's just the context of what people are writing that really annoys some people here...Like, there will be some people who all the time act so...how do i put it...well....they just tend to be annoyingly childish, like, some people would act really girly, for example: awwww sowwee sis...and stuff like that...:mad:

snakelegs
07-25-2006, 04:13 AM
yeah, some of it sounds like baby talk! makes it hard to take seriously.

mlsh27
07-25-2006, 04:21 AM
^ I definitely agree. I thought the objective of the forum was to have intelligent, mature conversations, but it's hard to see that when people write in such manners.

afriend
07-25-2006, 04:40 AM
yes...That is why I humbly requested that people would write sensibly.....

mlsh27
07-25-2006, 04:43 AM
And Alhumdulillah for that!

khushnood
07-25-2006, 05:54 AM
If U Want People To Take Your Posts Seriously, U'll Have To Write Sensibly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.