/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Engineering/ Business programs

limitless
07-24-2006, 09:59 PM
:sl:

Anyone know a good engineering program or business program to pursuit in a University (not college).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mezier
07-26-2006, 04:21 AM
Depends on the university I guess.

I'm taking Finance with a minor in Accounting. I plan on getting an MBA + CFA inshallah. And I love it <--thats whats important.

limitless
07-26-2006, 04:23 AM
:sl:

Hmm, I was thinking of chemical engineering. Are you familiar or anyone else in the forum with that career/program?

:w:

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 04:29 AM
salams

bro i dunno much about chem eng, but if u wanna do it to get a career in it, oen of our friends is a chem eng and he hates it with passion, he went thru hell to find a job.. and now that he's got one, he's not too happy with the sort of job.. he's in some dirty factory lab doing chem stuff for the firm.

howeverrrr.. on the other hand.. my management lecturer actually got a chem eng degree, adn then went on to do a managemetn postgrad or soemthing.. and now he's a lecturer as well as being a manger for a big company and an advisor.. and ther'es alot of dosh dosh there ;D

one thing tho.. engineering is a good idea.. especially if u want to persue a career in bizness and especially management... in our intro2eng session they where saying how they believe that engineers make the best managers coz of the skills u learn from eng..

if you don't wnana do a double degree.. look at doing an MBA after u finish ur eng degree... inshalah i wanna do that too.. even tho i'm majoring in management lol... (but then again i might switch to finance or something and then do an MBA degree after uni.. which is only 1 year or so.. very worth it)

all the best!! hope that helps :D
salamz

ps: personally i feel sorry for people who endup as researchers or engineer workers, it's such an awful thing to endup as a worker for someone else. Engineers hav so much talent and it ends up getting used and abused by some exec. and u get payed peanuts for it too! - compared to being a manager or entrepuneur..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
07-26-2006, 04:29 AM
I dunno, I just did my law degree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.