/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too generous with reps?

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 06:43 AM
salamz guys

coudlnt find a thread title with what im after..

umm can the mods pleeeease ease up the restrictions with how many reps users can give out per 24 hours? kills me when i c a super neat post and i try repping it but then a msg comes up 'u hav given 2many reps in past 24 hours...' :offended:

could u pls look into that? Perhaps double the amount of reps that can be given in a day? or better still.. quadruple it lol.

jazakum allah khayr alottt! :)

salamz

ps: even tho there may not b a vbulletin option that sets the rep, but im pretty sure u can set that by editing the relavent mysql tables directly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Syed Nizam
07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
[BANANA]does it really matters? all of this `reps' kind of things?:giggling: [/BANANA]

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 07:59 AM
^^ask zak that question ;D

just try imagining him with zero reps.. ;D ;D ;D

ps: thx zak for the stat lol, alpha dude i had a gutfeeling u got more than just 1 rep from me lol!!!

neways back to point, people support me!!! lol convince the mods man, im sure u all feel passionately about this :p

Malaikah
07-26-2006, 08:04 AM
:sl:

^yep i agree its feels liek i cant give enough reps sometimes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
07-26-2006, 08:13 AM
if only reps = money...hehe...

*whats wrong being generous...hehe

Ghazi
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM

Whats the point of reps anyway, I don't see a point just a bunch of numbers do they have any value, I think we all should send milk choclate cookies through the mail to people that'd be better

IbnAbdulHakim
07-26-2006, 02:07 PM
hasanat :D :D

Kittygyal
07-26-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Whats the point of reps anyway, I don't see a point just a bunch of numbers do they have any value, I think we all should send milk choclate cookies through the mail to people that'd be better
:) i agree with you bro

Sis786
07-26-2006, 02:45 PM

In this weather i think that zAk should pay out £20.00 from his own pocket when we members get reps!:D

Mawaddah
07-26-2006, 02:52 PM
But it's niiiiiiiiicee to give somebody a rep, that's why, and it's just so niiiiiiiice also to check our reps, not that it has any significance of course, but that's just one of the little delights this forum has to offer............And it's so much fun :)

Please mods, can you ease up on the restrictions?

- Qatada -
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
:salamext:

We don't have no power over it.. only the admins do i think. Allaahu ta'aala a'lam though...

:wasalamex

Rabi'ya
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
instead of repping, why not send a PM saying i wanted to rep u but cudnt!

more presonal..means more than reps anyday :D

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Muezzin
07-26-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
instead of repping, why not send a PM saying i wanted to rep u but cudnt!

more presonal..means more than reps anyday :D

Rabi'ya:rose:
One word, two syllables:

Fitnah.

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:33 PM
^^ lol maybe she means sis-to-sis pm n bro-to-bro pm

point is... zAk!!! see that's very unfare, ofcourse you're happy with the restrictions u put on us because admins dont hav any rep restrictions in the first place!!! lol that's so evil of you. :offended: :grumbling

thanks 4 the rep btw bro, yeh i know im confusing :p

Looking4Peace
07-26-2006, 09:36 PM
reps are dumb and childish, especially when i dont say anything wrong and someone just gives me neg one for nothing, usually an anti-Islam person, i wish they would just leave me alone or maybe make some type of block system for people that bother another person.

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
^^ yeh the neg thing is annoying... but it was funny tho.. the 'yoke' guy, he started off with zero posts and zero reps, and 3 hours after he registered, he ended up with -50 reps and like 50 posts lol ;D ;D - the thread he started about 'is god tru' or soemthing silly like that-.

so it does come in handy occasionally...

but they're not that dumb lol.. they're fun, as long as ur getting +ve ones :)

salamz

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
lol true. but its also good cuz it lets the person know theyre on the right track of things :D

Fishman
07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Reps are popular for the same reason pokemon cards were. mindless hording. Tell someone that something is good, and they'll want it, no matter whether it's worthless or not.

Reps are cool, I dunno why people want to kill them.

Dahir
07-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Reps are like a talk show; I look at the good ones (green), and I get all sugary and happy inside. :) Works like Maury in the "i look different" episodes.

I see the bad ones (red) and I get angry and start tearing.:offended: Works like Maury, also, but like in the "you ain't my daddy" episodes.

Looking4Peace
07-26-2006, 09:47 PM
i just hate the negative ones, but i have mostly positive so i guess i should complain its just certain people really bug me on here:grumbling

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I dont have any bad ones..i hope it doesnt get to that lol..

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
lol yep, so now the question

How can someone be too generous subhanallah?! and zakk.. lol read my post above!! about u having no restrictions and us having them lol, not fair, master should be equal with his slave :p

salamz

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I still don't know how it works???

what are they rep power and reputation? sorry if this is off topic...

lolwatever
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
to giv rep, press green button and giv a rep like that.

rep power indicates how many reps u will increase someones curernt reps by when u giv him rep. your rep power increases with the number of posts and how long u lived in LI for.

back to topic, now, umm-sulaim.. support me!

umm-sulaim
07-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Lol.....thanks a lot, ok i do give reps but i just didn't get what was going on....
but yeah so many times i wanted to give reps but i couldn't....then i try to remember to go back to that post but i end up forgetting sometimes...it would be lovely to be able to give a lot of reps....

but i guess the mods know what they're doing no?
perahps things wil get out of hand or something.....

syilla
07-27-2006, 02:11 AM

i would love to receive milk choclate cookies (couldn't it be like that??...like an automatic button...you push the green...and milk choclate cookies will be send it to you...*if only my imagination come true)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-27-2006, 02:14 AM
LOL sounds too good :D

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
lol nah they cant be equal :p
after all POWER COUNTS... ;)
lol zak you're so ehem cough S*t*u#c$kup cough
lol kidding

3 pages of begging and no admin listens.. wats the point of comments n suggestions then :offended:

lol what ever.
salamz

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
everytime i try giving lolwatever a rep that 24hours thing comes up ;D ;D ;D hahaha ;D ;D ;D

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 09:37 AM
lol ^^ yet another reason to remove rep limits

lol ok step backk zAk.. admins are too good to stick their heads around here :p i'm sorry lol.

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 09:42 AM
That's okay bro's. 'ZAK' is just chicken cos he doesn't want anyone else getting as many reps as him.

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
^^ ;D ;D

how's that zAk ;D

A7med
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ask zak that question ;D

just try imagining him with zero reps.. ;D ;D ;D
LETS START!!!!..... NEG REPPING HIM!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brown Clown
LETS START!!!!..... NEG REPPING HIM!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Cool! I'm in!

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
oh in tht case... i wud luv to get tht restriction...
n get tht restriction removed frm u ppl :rolleyes:

but now... i can gv freely.. .but not recv freely...
not ?

silly gurls...
You missed the point CGO. If we could give reps freely we would give them to each other...not you.:rollseyes

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 10:09 AM
dont forget... it was me... who made the rep score of ANON account to -350 ;)

LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

that's so hilarious lol... remember zak i warned ppl about that in the 'rep power thread', do u still want to revise and practice how to issue neg reps? ;D ;D

nice cumback ayesha! lol

ok pleeeaseeeee remoev the limitations guys man.. lol.. save yourselves this headache of nagging lol (yeh i know i bet ur gonna get fedup and close this therad soon :( .. but pleeease lol)

salamz

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
nice cumback ayesha! lol

ok pleeeaseeeee remoev the limitations guys man.. lol.. save yourselves this headache of nagging lol (yeh i know i bet ur gonna get fedup and close this therad soon :( .. but pleeease lol)

salamz
Thanka. But i don't think Zak minds the nagging. He's nothing short of an attention seeker...which is why i've got plans for CGO's birthday.:X

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 10:16 AM
^^ oh no sis, now he's definately going to close this thread to "prove he's not an attention seeker" :offended: :hiding: :hiding: :grumbling :X

zak i dont care wat u do.. just lift these limitations coz i really hate it lol...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
ok but does zAk have the authority to lift the limitations? I think thats the main question lol

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
i dont mind it...
Ha!! What did i tell you? He always proves my point:statisfie

Ayesha Rana
07-27-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
ok but does zAk have the authority to lift the limitations? I think thats the main question lol
Probably not. He's all vocab and no act.;D

lolwatever
07-27-2006, 10:22 AM
lol khaldun definately does.. muhaha maybe now i know who to go to ;D ;D

--

zak dials 1800-Muhammad

Muhammad answers

Muhammad: what's up zAk

zAk: There's a thread..

Muhammad: what about it?

zAk: It's called "Too generous with reps".. in the suggestion section, and it's reached 4 pages... and i don't have guts to close it.

Muhammad: yep i know what to do.

Muhammad hangs up..

logs onto LI...

inserts new comment: "Brothers/sis's i think we should be doing better things than asking admins to lift rep restrictions, so inshalah this thread will be closed"

---

and zAk lives happily ever after...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
^ LOL!!! REPS.. OH WAIT 24 HOURS :grumbling

kadafi
07-29-2006, 12:31 PM

Some members have abused the system in the past which resulted into introducing these limitations. So use your reps wisely and award posts that really deserve it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.